Princess Charter Thomsonfly

Shogun

I'm pretty sure I'm going out with Thomson Fly from Gatwick to MB on 20th December.

Travelling with 3 very tall people, so hoping for good leg room! Also, do we have to pre order a meal or are they included as part of the flight when long haul?

Noticed from another posting that Sea Princess organised free drinks on the flight ........ is that normal/usual?

Many thanks

I'm pretty sure I'm going out with Thomson Fly from Gatwick to MB on 20th December.

Travelling with 3 very tall people, so hoping for good leg room! Also, do we have to pre order a meal or are they included as part of the flight when long haul?

Noticed from another posting that Sea Princess organised free drinks on the flight ........ is that normal/usual?

Many thanks

Free drink are the normal.:D

It sometimes depend on the crew just how much. You get wine with your meal too (not breakfast)

Hi folks,

To be fair to Princess when they charter an airline you get very good service

flew Titan this year good food, real china and metal work no plastic forks here.

With Qantus captain had to say sorry as in flight movie was longer than flight

Caber

Can you post details of how your flight goes

Have a great cruise

yours Shogun

Hi folks,

To be fair to Princess when they charter an airline you get very good service

flew Titan this year good food, real china and metal work no plastic forks here.

With Qantus captain had to say sorry as in flight movie was longer than flight

Caber

Can you post details of how your flight goes

Have a great cruise

yours Shogun

I agree with Shogun. Titan are excellent. We flew to Barcelona with them from Gatwick and the seating, service and food were fine. We were supposed to fly back from Venice with BA but were lucky enough to be upgraded to first, much to our surprise, so had a comfortable flight (and the Scotch was a malt). Wouldn't is be nice to be so lucky on a long-haul flight, but that doesn't seem to happen to me now that I've retired and don't fly so much.

John

We flew Thomsonfly in April to join Sea Princess transatlantic (so only oneway flight). Managed to upgrade and we had a fantastic flight. However, I also heard that the people in economy had a good experience as well. Not like those who were booked on Thomas Cook. They had an appalling experience. Since heard that Thomas Cook have removed some seats to give extra legroom.

If you can upgrade, then do, it does make such a difference on a transatlantic flight and I think it only cost about £40 each.

We are booked on American Airlines in January to get to Miami in January to join Ruby Princess. We flew the same flight last year to get to a villa holiday in the BVI and it was dire - old plane, rude staff, appalling food. Not looking forward to it one bit - would much have preferred BA or Virgin where we could possibly have upgraded - no chance with AA as they only have economy, business and first.

We flew Thomsonfly in April to join Sea Princess transatlantic (so only oneway flight). Managed to upgrade and we had a fantastic flight. However, I also heard that the people in economy had a good experience as well. Not like those who were booked on Thomas Cook. They had an appalling experience. Since heard that Thomas Cook have removed some seats to give extra legroom.

If you can upgrade, then do, it does make such a difference on a transatlantic flight and I think it only cost about £40 each.

We are booked on American Airlines in January to get to Miami in January to join Ruby Princess. We flew the same flight last year to get to a villa holiday in the BVI and it was dire - old plane, rude staff, appalling food. Not looking forward to it one bit - would much have preferred BA or Virgin where we could possibly have upgraded - no chance with AA as they only have economy, business and first.

We were quoted £199 each.

You have to pay extra for seats together??? :eek:

That is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Yup if you want to ensure you get two seats together. In reality, if you get to the airport early enough, in all probability you would get seats together but it is not guaranteed. No internet checkin on our charter flights:(

What extra do you get for the upgrade?

You get more legroom, wider seats, different Aldo Zilli menus, free drinks, Bucks Fizz on boarding, free blankets and pillows (you pay £5 for them in economy). We had a great steward who was constantly asking if we wanted more drinks from the bar and he was very amusing and informative during the flight. All in all great service which made for a very pleasant flight.

It was well worth the extra and we would always try to upgrade on a long flight if we could. This would not be too expensive as there are only two of us usually. On our AA flights in January, it will not be possible because we are travelling with our children and grandchildren and the upgrades on AA are just too expensive for us.

Got our flight tickets Heathrow-Miami Jan 8th with AA for Cruise on Emerald. Checked the seating arrangements straightaway. We had been allocated seats together on outward flight and seats miles apart on the inward !! Changed them immediately but there was very little choice and certainly no window seats together.

As for the fuel refund we seem to have been given $94 onboard credit for a 10 day cruise, (informed by email yesterday) which would tally with $126 for 14 days, which is what is I'm reading on these boards.

Must add we booked direct with Princess. Hope this helps.

We flew with thomson to montego bay and the flight was excellent....good entertainment ,servce and food etc but heard horrid tales about the t,cook flights from gatwick. Guess what? we have got t.cook this time and all premium seats are booked so if we eat too much xmas pud we wont even fit in the seats!!!! STILL there is nothing we can do about it and we certainly will not let it spoil our cruise but have booked the ex. lounge in airport because t,cook are known for their delays and we thought some early morning g and t s would numb us for the first part of the flight!!! ps check in staff make sure you sit together if they can ..... plze dont let them encourage us to pay for this privilege...............

Got our flight tickets Heathrow-Miami Jan 8th with AA for Cruise on Emerald. Checked the seating arrangements straightaway. We had been allocated seats together on outward flight and seats miles apart on the inward !! Changed them immediately but there was very little choice and certainly no window seats together.

As for the fuel refund we seem to have been given $94 onboard credit for a 10 day cruise, (informed by email yesterday) which would tally with $126 for 14 days, which is what is I'm reading on these boards.

Must add we booked direct with Princess. Hope this helps.

We fly out the day after you to join up with Ruby Princess. There are 8 of us and we could not get any window seats. We got our TA to check with Princess at the beginning of December which was when they said they would be allocating seats. We have been allocated en entire central row of 5 seats plus 3 seats in the row behind. Does not worry us not to have a window seat - getting in and out to use the loos is more important, especially with two small children. However, have looked at our electronic tickets for the AA Miami flight and the return and cannot see the seat allocations on them. Whereabouts on yours did it state the seat number?

Have emailed our TA to see if we actually paid a fuel supplement and if so, will we will be getting it reimbursed - should hear back to day. Hope we do as it will certainly help with our onboard expenses.

I'm on the 20th December flight from Gatwick to Montego Bay.

Spoke to TA re the fuel surcharge and told we don't qualify!!!!! Only those who booked their cruise from November 2008 onwards????? I booked ours on New Years Eve last year .......

Call Princess direct, some TA's don't know their whats it from their elbow:rolleyes:. I've always used the TA to book - got a better deal then gone direct to Princess with other questions

I'm on the 20th December flight from Gatwick to Montego Bay.

Spoke to TA re the fuel surcharge and told we don't qualify!!!!! Only those who booked their cruise from November 2008 onwards????? I booked ours on New Years Eve last year .......

Seems an extremely short time period for having booked a cruise - November 2008 to December 2008:confused: I am sure all the US passengers who are getting their fuel surcharges back as onboard credit did not all book between November and December 2008:confused: Fuel surcharges have been imposed for most of 2008 as far as I am aware. However, I think perhaps some UK passengers did not have fuel surcharges imposed, especially if they went through a deal with a TA. I am almost certain we did not have one imposed (we booked in January 2008 for January 2009 Ruby cruise) but I have still asked my TA to check definitely for me.

We are off to Montego Bay on 3rd January to Sea Princess. I phoned Princess and have been told that we have now $126 per person on our account for the fuel surcharge.:D

Are UK passengers who booked with a UK TA also getting a fuel surcharge rebate, and does booking date matter?

I've still heard nothing from my TA - not looking hopeful that we either paid a surcharge or are getting anything back.

Just have to keep your fingers crossed that oil does not go above $70 a barrel before you travel in January as then Princess will re-impose the fuel surcharge and delete your obc.

Archived