B2B Experience, Changing Stateroom

CelebrityMan

Fellow Cruisers,

We are doing a B2B sailing on Celebrity Solstice in January, '09 and would appreciate hearing from others who have done B2B cruising. This will be our first B2B.

Specifically, I'm curious what has been your experience when changing staterooms?

We are moving from aft to far forward, CC1 to AQ. Originally we were keeping the CC1, but had a deal on the second week we just couldn't pass up. We are looking forward to experiencing two stateroom categories and two different assigned dining rooms on the 'same' cruise. :)

I'm assuming we'll need to pack and move to the new location on our own. We changed staterooms mid-cruise one time and that was totally handled by ship personnel. But I would imagine that on "turn around" day all personnel are much too involved readying the ship.

Any experience as to timing of our move?

Any other helpful hints?

Thanks in advance. Love this forum and all the friendly folk we've met here over the years.

CM

Hi Cal: sounds like you will really experience a great cruise....wow, wish we could have still been on this voyage.

Our experience with the B2B's....although we always had the same stateroom, that morning you will have to get off and go through customs/immigration. X will have this pretty well organized, but you will have to factor in your "move", as well.

Hi,

Thanks, everyone for your input on the move.

Anyone out there have other hints/tips/insights on B2B cruising?

Gracecarmo, GREAT to see you here! We SO wish you were still on this sailing, too. It would be delightful to see you again!

Going through Customs/Immigration in a US port is a known commodity for that 'turn around' morning. I am kinda curious how the timing will work for executing the move. But I am certain that our stateroom attendant will be very helpful in coordinating that.

CM

Good luck to you . We did a B2B last month and had nothing but trouble ! New room keys would not work , had to go through customs twice , lost our dining room table assignment , and had extra paperwork required . The physical move of our personal stuff was no problem in moving from one cabin to another was no problem .

I have a B2B planned next year in Italy... do we have to get off the ship for customs/immigration there as well?

We didn't have to get off the ship in Barcelona on our back to back last year. We were given a transit pass so that we could come and go at our leisure. I think that if your port before arrival on turnaround day was an EU country, you probably won't. I know that you do have to go through customs/immigration when the debarkation/embarkation port is US or US territory.

One thing that I would be sure to do is make sure that you see the bank or guest relations with your credit card for your new shipboard account. I had asked when we got our cards for the second leg and they told me that they would tranfer the info to the new account (each leg is actually separate and you get new sign and sail cards and a new portfolio number). Well a few days into the second cruise, we as well as many others got notices to report to the bank with our credit card. It seemed that the info we got from guest relations was wrong and we did have to set up our new account - only took a couple of minutes to do.

We did a B2B in Alaska last year and it went very smoothly, and was on Celebrity! We planned a wonderful all day excursion on our own, and when we left the ship that AM we already had our new boarding passes, keys, etc.; when we returned that PM we just joined the line boarding the ship We asked our table steward if he could arrange to wait our table on the next leg and he took care of that for us. One couple in our group, moved to a new cabin and the stewards helped and it was done in less than 1/2 hour. The only catch we saw was that we had the same food, and entertainment both weeks. We thought that if we ever did a B2B again we might change cruise lines if we could work it out.

We are doing a B2B sailing on Celebrity Solstice in January, '09 and would appreciate hearing from others who have done B2B cruising. This will be our first B2B.

Specifically, I'm curious what has been your experience when changing staterooms?

CM,

We are doing a B2B for Xmas & NYE on Solstice this year. We need to change cabins, too. I should have all the answers for you on January 4th, which will give you plenty of time to get it all straight.

If I forget to come back here once we return, come and find me on our 12/28 NYE rc, and I'll be happy to help.

CM,

We are doing a B2B for Xmas & NYE on Solstice this year. We need to change cabins, too. I should have all the answers for you on January 4th, which will give you plenty of time to get it all straight.

If I forget to come back here once we return, come and find me on our 12/28 NYE rc, and I'll be happy to help.

Kcb,

Thanks so much for the offer! All our best to you on your holidays sailing. Have a GREAT time!!

CM

Archived