fuel supplements suspended..

LibraLass41

This was posted on another site, looks like I for one, will be getting £81 fuel supplement returned on my May 09 cruise. Good news indeed!

Carnival Fuel Surcharge Suspended

05-Dec-2008 2:19 PM GMT

As fuel prices continue to decline, Carnival has announced that it will suspend the fuel supplement for all voyages departing on or after December 17, 2008.

Effective December 4, 2008, for all new bookings on cruises departing on or after December 17, 2008, the fuel supplement will not be charged.

For all existing bookings made prior to December 4, 2008 for cruises departing on or after December 17, 2008, the fuel supplement will be refunded. The refund of the fuel supplement will be made in the form of a shipboard credit for all bookings within the final payment period. All bookings outside of the final payment period will be adjusted to remove the fuel supplement and guests will be provided with a revised final payment amount.

Fortunately I booked early and didn't incurr any fuel supplements, but if I had I would rather have the refund in the form of hard cash than OBC, since it would further errode my Portunus discount. Money that you have already paid out e.g £100 for fuel supplement changed to OBC means you have to spend £100 on board. Given a cash refund of £100 then spending £100 on board - 5% ruby discount means you only have to pay £95. For Gold members they are losing £10. Hope that makes sense.

This was posted on another site, looks like I for one, will be getting £81 fuel supplement returned on my May 09 cruise. Good news indeed!

As fuel prices continue to decline, Carnival has announced that it will suspend the fuel supplement for all voyages departing on or after December 17, 2008.

Effective December 4, 2008, for all new bookings on cruises departing on or after December 17, 2008, the fuel supplement will not be charged.

For all existing bookings made prior to December 4, 2008 for cruises departing on or after December 17, 2008, the fuel supplement will be refunded. The refund of the fuel supplement will be made in the form of a shipboard credit for all bookings within the final payment period. All bookings outside of the final payment period will be adjusted to remove the fuel supplement and guests will be provided with a revised final payment amount.

Sue

This is potentially very interesting for me and hubby.

When we booked our xmas 09 cruise, in July 08 we were charge an extra £160 EACH fuel supplement...so in theory we should get our final bill reduced by £320????

However, our friends who are on the same cruise, have read that this 'cancellation' of fuel supplemets is only applicable to the 'american branches' of Carnival... i.e. Princess & Holland & America...:confused:

Do you know whether this is actually the case, as the prospect of saving £320 is quite exciting....

Karenx

Carnival are not offering refunds to UK passengers. Ripped off again.

AS I thought then:mad::mad:

I would imagine that P & O will come up with something, otherwise people will no longer book with them surely??

Karen

Well we are on Princess in February and sadly they are the same company and not refunding so I would not hold my breath.

Well we are on Princess in February and sadly they are the same company and not refunding so I would not hold my breath.

I'm confused.....I thought Princess were one of the cruise lines who were giving the refunds???

KAren

I'm confused.....I thought Princess were one of the cruise lines who were giving the refunds???

KAren

Again not to guests in the UK but to those in the states. Remember they are all part of Carnival corps as are P and O and of cours carnival

Jean

On your white booking confirmation form for the cruise, on the right hand side under CURRENCY there is a Net price for cruise under that if there is a MISC amount that is fuel supplement (mine was £81 for 2 people for 9n cruise) And also in this column is the obc if any.

Just had an e-mail from my friend she has been given hers as onboard credit .They sail on Sea princess in January and live in the Uk .So the theory that it is only americans would appear to be wrong.

WE are Artemis on the 27th and have been told we are not getting any refund.:confused:

Archived