Are bar drink coupons $21.25 for 4 worth it?

cvanhorn

From experience, I know that for some of the more expensive drinks they take two coupons for them. :eek:

D'oh! Never had that happen - being charged the "difference" was bad enough.

I'm always curious as to how the waiters receive their tips when we use the drink coupons? Anyone know?

Good question. I have noticed that some servers were not too eager to serve me once I used the coupons. Could be it is in my head or coincidence, but I wonder if they get gypped on their tip when coupons are used. (Hey, I just rhymed)

I'm always curious as to how the waiters receive their tips when we use the drink coupons? Anyone know?

all bar waiters get tips from a pool-- that come from soda card purchases etc.

When someone uses a coupon for say a cheap drink-- they money is deducted from the coupon-- and the rest goes into the pool.

Believe me- they dont get shortchanged

Good question. I have noticed that some servers were not too eager to serve me once I used the coupons. Could be it is in my head or coincidence, but I wonder if they get gypped on their tip when coupons are used. (Hey, I just rhymed)

A Poet-- and didnt even know it.. (hey I just rhymed---lol)

you probably got a waiter who never even seen a coupon and didnt know what to do about it

Me, I like to buy the cards/coupons as gifts for friends that are sailing -- particularly those on the same cruise. Adds to the fun.

Ppl have suggested it a good idea to buy cards at the bar to save the gratuity... Surely when you buy the card at the bar, that is the time to add the gratuity. If the card is $25, give the working staff a break and add $3 or $5. It's only fair to the servers. And will get you better service when you order your next drink.

OTOH, if you buy the coupons through the Carnival site, all bets are off. But I always find that if you want a second drink, to be sure to tip well on the first, regardless if it's a coupon or your S&S card. If you budget in advance for tips, then you won't feel the need for penny-pinching througout your cruise, and your vacation will be happier for it.

Archived