Are bar drink coupons $21.25 for 4 worth it?

cvanhorn

I have used them on all 3 of my past cruises so far...

and will continue to do so

Not only do they save money

but I like to prepay for my drinks

so that my sign & sail is in control

and my Drinking also stays a little more in control as well;)

i also prepay my tips as well

never hurts to get as much paid for as possible

so that one doesnt go into credit shock afterwards :eek:...LOL

From this board I learned you have to pick them up in the dining room. The first day we switched dining rooms, and didn't go to dinner on the first night. The second night the bar attedant went to our previously assigned DR and brought the coupons to our table. The Pursers Desk will refer all questions regarding the coupons to the DR. The may also tell you if you don't get them on the first night you are out of luck, which is completely false.

Going on the Conquest in January and bought 3 of the 4 bar drink coupon cards through Gift Services. One of our roll call members questioned the regular pice of drinks and I have forgotten. What is beer/drinks going for on Carnival now? Thanks!

The 21.25 is for 4 drinks that are 5.25 each or less. The money you save is the gratuity because it is supposed to be included with the card. So I guess you save 3.00 with the card for the 4 drinks. I think I figured that correctly.

Sorry if this has already been answered sufficiently. I haven't read the whole thread.

Hmm, when I purchased mine through Carnivals gift catalog on their site it said they would be in the cabin the 1st night.

not the drink coupons== that it the only "gift" that is formally handed to you. You MUST sign for those also.

If you order anything else it will be in the cabin when you get onboard.

But, can you use them for beer? (Let's say 16oz. Bud)

Yes.

I personally don't think they're worth it. My sister sent my parents drink tickets for their last cruise. They only used them in the dining room, so maybe it was our server, but they were charged the overage every time. I was a little surprised at that due to what I read here.

As for the delivery of the tickets, my parents had a note in their cabin saying that they would have drink tickets delivered to them the first night in the dining room (not sure if they do this if you're buying them for yourself). It was in the pile of papers with the Capers, shore excursions, and such, so they almost missed it. I found it though! The assistant maitre d' came by with the tickets midway through dinner to deliver them.

if you dont get to dinner that first night --AFTER dinner hours are done you can request them from the pursers desk. Its more of a hassle then its worth and better to wait til the next night at dinner

We left dinner early the first night and didn't get our tickets. Afterwards we went to the pursers desk and asked if we could get the tickets, they said that they would be delivered at dinner the 2nd night then. Then the confused clerk told us that they are always delivered the 'first night after the first day.' We know she was wrong since we have done this before but we just waited till the second night and it didn't bother us.

Mamasita, that all makes perfect sense to me. I usually pay the tips ahead of time and have given the drink cards and photo coupons to friends but never bought them for myself. I do like to save money though. :)

I have used them on all 3 of my past cruises so far...

and will continue to do so

Not only do they save money

but I like to prepay for my drinks

so that my sign & sail is in control

and my Drinking also stays a little more in control as well;)

i also prepay my tips as well

never hurts to get as much paid for as possible

so that one doesnt go into credit shock afterwards :eek:...LOL

They are great for me as I buy ahead and have all my drinking paid for before I leave. I drink the less expensive drinks...Gin & Tonic etc. so I have never encountered a problem with going over the ticket amount. I drink about 5 drinks a day...So for me it's easy to figure up how many I need and just get it out of the way ahead of time! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, duh, sorry....I found the answer in an earlier post. Thanks for being patient with me.....I'm new to all this! :)

welcome to cruise critic. on each of your post is an edit button which will allow you to edit each post up til 20 minuts after you first posted it.

to find your postings-- click on your name it will show you all the posts you ever posted.

How much is a bucket of beers onboard, and how many beers are in the bucket? I didnt see that listed on the price sheet link.

Sometimes there are specials for the buckets== the price of 4 beers and get one free. Buckets are not available at every bar..nor are they available 24 hours either.

Sometimes there are specials for the buckets== the price of 4 beers and get one free. Buckets are not available at every bar..nor are they available 24 hours either.

Do you recall what bars on the ship you saw them at (Pool bar... etc)?

What time of the day did you see them... early afternoon?

Also from what I have read the gratuity is included (or not charged to you) so...even if you are buying beer (16oz) you save a little....

Combined with prepaying and not seeing a massive bill this looks like a good deal to me if the gratuity is not charged to you .....

Archived