Are bar drink coupons $21.25 for 4 worth it?

cvanhorn

Going on the Conquest in January and bought 3 of the 4 bar drink coupon cards through Gift Services. One of our roll call members questioned the regular pice of drinks and I have forgotten. What is beer/drinks going for on Carnival now? Thanks!

Sometimes the will ask for S&S card to put difference on card sometimes not if your lucky.:)

We are getting 4 drink coupons for our 45 day letter "prize". Does this cover the price of the drink or do you have to pay the difference ?

The coupons cover up to, I think, $4.75 per drink. Anything above that and you hand over your S&S card to cover the difference. We had coupons and ordered 'generic' drinks like "rum and coke", "vodka and tonic" and the coupons covered the full amount. HTH.

If you are looking to save money--the coupons are not for you. They save minimum.

They are good for the drink of the day without the souvenier cup. (that cup is 2.00 more)

frozen foo foo drinks are good for coupons too.they care good for drinks up to and including 5.00

we have bought them for our last 3 cruises and again this cruise. Dh drinks gin and tonic and i drink the foo-foo drinks. Only once have i been told that i needed to pay more for my foo-foo drink and i told the server never mind thank you, waited till another one came by and he took the coupon no problem. I like having them paid for before we go on the cruise, we usually end up running out :rolleyes: I think they are a good value since you dont have the 15% gratuity added on.

Once we booked our cruise, I bought the coupons each pay check. We had no problem using them on the ship for any drinks!!! The only time we were asked for the difference is if we got the monkeyhead cup.

Overall, it's a great deal.... our drinks were paid for ahead of time (except for the souviener cups) and the money on our sail and sign was for photos and stuff for the kids!!!

Enjoy your cruise!!!

The ones I had on the Destiny were good for up to $5.25.

Here's what I did to determine if they're worth it or not:

4 drink coupons for $21.25 comes out to $5.31 per drink. This includes the tip. So divide that by 1.15 to remove the tip and you get $4.62. So if the drink you're buying costs more than $4.62 on the menu, you're saving money. If it's less, it's cheaper to just buy the drink instead of using the coupn.

For me, my Absolut vanilla is $5.25, after tip it's $6.04. So I save $.73 on each drink with the coupons. May not sound like much, but if you use those over the course of a week instead of buying them outright, it adds up.

And if you can get away with using it for a drink that's over $5.25 (DH was able to use his on a Jack and Coke at $5.75 each), you'll save even more.

If you are looking to save money--the coupons are not for you. They save minimum.

They are good for the drink of the day without the souvenier cup. (that cup is 2.00 more)

frozen foo foo drinks are good for coupons too.they care good for drinks up to and including 5.00

Our 4 drink coupons are free for bon voyage gift from our 45 day letter, so I guess anything is good. DH does not drink, but will be getting virgin drinks. Does the drink coupon cover those too, or are they all mine ? :D

Our 4 drink coupons are free for bon voyage gift from our 45 day letter, so I guess anything is good. DH does not drink, but will be getting virgin drinks. Does the drink coupon cover those too, or are they all mine ? :D

They are all yours enjoy!

it is cheaper to pay for the virgin drinks

coupons dont have your name on it.. so you can give them out to whomever you want. They dont expire so dont hurry and use them all thinking you will be out money.

Virgin drinks are cheaper -- you would lose 1.00 for every coupon you use for the virgin drinks.

when using coupons becareful when a server asks for your sign and sail card. (he needs the portfolio number and will give you a receipt to sign-- (sometimes) make sure when you sign -- put under it coupon and check your on board account a few times to make sure you are not being charged for those drinks. It happens but it is rare

I bought sheets of drink coupons before our last cruise, one I like to prepay the drinks so I don't have them all on my sale and sign. Two I order the frozen exotic drinks all cruise (nothing says vacation like a dirty banana) and with those I save $1.30 a drink. I was never once asked for my sale and sign card. DH drinks Jack and coke and saved $1.53 a drink. Even if we had been asked for a Sale and Sign I wouldn't mind, with the coupons i get to pre pay and have a chance to save a little money.

I don't think that they would be worth it for me. Boyfriend and I are mainly beer drinkers, so I think it would be cheaper just to get a bucket of beers. Also, sometimes boyfriend likes to drink Makers Mark, doubt that it will be on the ship, but sometimes you never know. Now, if that was on the ship, it would probably be cheaper to get the coupons. :D

4 drink coupons for $21.25 comes out to $5.31 per drink. This includes the tip. So divide that by 1.15 to remove the tip and you get $4.62. So if the drink you're buying costs more than $4.62 on the menu, you're saving money. If it's less, it's cheaper to just buy the drink instead of using the coupn.

For me, my Absolut vanilla is $5.25, after tip it's $6.04. So I save $.73 on each drink with the coupons. May not sound like much, but if you use those over the course of a week instead of buying them outright, it adds up.

And if you can get away with using it for a drink that's over $5.25 (DH was able to use his on a Jack and Coke at $5.75 each), you'll save even more.

Great Info. This is the kind of thing I was wondering about when considering buying some.

I bought the coupons for our last cruise - I like to prepay as much as I can so that I am not slapped with a big bill at the end of the cruise. On the Ecstasy, I don't think I ever had to give them my card .. but I could be wrong. One thing I do remember, we did not eat in the dining room the first night and had to wait until the second night to get the coupons, as they are handed out by the waiter in the dining room.

Based on the posted list of drink prices, I didn't see much that would be less than the $4.62 price. Even beer is listed at $5.00. Looks like coupons would be the way to go!

I bought the coupons for our last cruise - I like to prepay as much as I can so that I am not slapped with a big bill at the end of the cruise. On the Ecstasy, I don't think I ever had to give them my card .. but I could be wrong. One thing I do remember, we did not eat in the dining room the first night and had to wait until the second night to get the coupons, as they are handed out by the waiter in the dining room.

if you dont get to dinner that first night --AFTER dinner hours are done you can request them from the pursers desk. Its more of a hassle then its worth and better to wait til the next night at dinner

Archived