What type food on Bistro on 5?

tbmrt

The day we ate there they had various sandwiches which were mainly of the panini variety, salads and a soup or two plus the crepes. I had a chicken panini and my husband had the beef one. It came with chips that were rather fancy (not pringles in other words). Plus we shared a nutella, pistachio and banana crepe. It was good food but for the $5 per person plus the suggested tip on top of it, we didn't go back.

We ate there one night and enjoyed it. We had soup, crepes, and shared a desert. The atmosphere was very nice and the food came out quickly. I think my crepe was Southwestern Chicken, but I am not certain. I do remember they had several that sounded good and it took me a while to decide.

Honestly, I think it was well worth the $5.

We dined at the Five one day b/c we were in between lunch and dinner, and did not want to eat at the grill. The food was unremarkable and nothing special. DEFINITELY not worth $5 on a ship that has so many other great venues to dine at. Honestly, if it were free, I would would not go back. The buffet or dining room offers something for everyone, and is far superior in terms of quality of food.

As for business, it was a ghost town at the Five...changes will need to be made and a new and improved menu offered before anyone will give this place a second look. The most we noticed dining at any given time we 2-3 tables, which only goes to show they have to rethink the direction and give this place some purpose....

We just got off Solstice today and ate at Bistro the last sea day at lunch. Just wanted to try it. It had been packed the day before when I walked by. While we were there they had to turn people away because they had no more reservations available for hours. The crepes were wonderful, I was not so excited about the panini. We ordered two different crepes and one panini. You could order whatever you liked and no limit to how much you could eat. They also had the soup of the day, which was cream of potato and many different salads. Dessert was very good, I had english trifle, and my husband had cheesecake. The best on the ship says he. Heavy NY style.

I would not eat there everyday but once is very nice.

Pat

To clarify....Do they charge $5 and then suggest a tip on top of that?

Celebrity bills all come with that statement if you want to add a extra tip you can. We just paid the $5 and that was that. Just the way I don't add an extra tip to my bar bill.

Pat

My girlfriend & I ate there on the 11/23 sailing and we split 3 diff kinds of crepes ( 1 was dessert ) and a ceasaer salad. The food & service were excelent! So good that my girlfriend went back and ate there by herself!!!

DAN

We dined at the Five one day b/c we were in between lunch and dinner, and did not want to eat at the grill. The food was unremarkable and nothing special. DEFINITELY not worth $5 on a ship that has so many other great venues to dine at. Honestly, if it were free, I would would not go back. The buffet or dining room offers something for everyone, and is far superior in terms of quality of food.

As for business, it was a ghost town at the Five...changes will need to be made and a new and improved menu offered before anyone will give this place a second look. The most we noticed dining at any given time we 2-3 tables, which only goes to show they have to rethink the direction and give this place some purpose....

Others said the line to get in was out the door and wrapped around the ship four times then the line completly filled the show lounge. The $5 charge is insulting. I can't believe anyone would go.

Others said the line to get in was out the door and wrapped around the ship four times then the line completly filled the show lounge. The $5 charge is insulting. I can't believe anyone would go.

That is probably why I did not see you there.:)

Pat

Archived