Live from the Indy

hawkfanI

Do you need to see it in writing not to walk off a bridge? Who the heck wants to see men in tank tops in a dining room? Doesn't any sense of decorum exist or is this just an indication of the class of people traveling. That is why there are other venues for dining, more attuned to sports attire. Common sense should prevail. You don't have to have everything in writing. I think the ship folding on the issue was wrong and the fact that there was an argument over it indicates the class of those arguing. Eat at the other venues if you need to show your hairy armpits.

Whoa...... who said anything about armpits? Let alone hairy ones? Huh? HUH? Sheesh.

Just back from the Indy and had an amazing time. They have the best bed. I never knew I could sleep soo much. First time I had a captain (Teo)with such a sense of humor. Very nice crew. All in all an amazing ship.

Has he found his keys yet? ;)

Have to agree with you about the beds. The rocking of the boat and the egg crate mattress..... sweet dreams :)

will be on the indy for new years.....i've recently read some posts that basically say the indy is really not much different than the mariner....just the flowrider, h20 zone and slightly larger ship.....is this REALLY the case? we are paying a fortune for this cruise..... we are revisiting ports.....this cruise the ship was part of the destination....could someone tell me their opinion:)

Melisking, Hi Roomie! Since I suspect we will not want to get off you may end up with us in the cabin! :D

Just kidding. I will keep all in good shape. You are so lucky to be spending Christmas on a cruise!

Kathy

Kathy - no worries, we'll find a way to fit you in! I just wonder how the folks boarding on the 27th are going to fit all of us in when they arrive!? ;)

Do you need to see it in writing not to walk off a bridge?

(No, you are way off base on this. If they don't want Tank tops in the dining room, publish it and enforce it. They say that shorts are not allowed in the dining room at night. People wore shorts and T-shirts in the dining room on formal night. What is your take on that?)

Who the heck wants to see men in tank tops in a dining room?

(Who the heck wants to see women with their boobs hanging out and bellies dropping out, too.)

Doesn't any sense of decorum exist or is this just an indication of the class of people traveling. That is why there are other venues for dining, more attuned to sports attire. Common sense should prevail. You don't have to have everything in writing.

(Whatever floats your boat. Agree that people should have common sense. )

I think the ship folding on the issue was wrong and the fact that there was an argument over it indicates the class of those arguing.

(Your opinion. However, my recommendation was if you don't want people to wear certain type clothing, identify it and enforce it at all times. Not wait until you have passengers come into a dining room and make an issue of it.)

Eat at the other venues if you need to show your hairy armpits.

(FYI, the Windjammer was closed. Only the dining room was open. Can we come to yours and have lunch? LOL)

So, before you try and flame me for posting what we saw and did, back off! I was posting what actually happened.

Just a quick update on our cruise so far. Last night was formal night. I didn't think that the food really lived up to our experiences on Celebrity but it OK. Presented nicely! Did a little gambling on the gaming tables last night and came out ahead about $200. I don't find the internet access excessively slow. Slower than my cable connection at home but definitely faster than dial up. Ship got into port just before 7:00 this morning. We had room service delivery breakfast and then headed down to deck 1 to board the tender. Met our tour guide there which was Extreme Cave Tubing. Did the zip line and cave tubing. Both were awesome and our guide JP was the best. Tonight we are eating at Portifino's and after the work out we got today a large meal will be welcome. I'll post more as the week goes on. Oh, for the record, HawkfanI is a Jayhawk fan not a hawkeye fan.

To all you future Indy cruisers, I just loved the ship and Hubby thought it was our best cruise ever! We've sailed Freedom and Liberty too. They are all great ships.

The crew on Indy was very friendly. Check out Henry Duplon at the Schooner Bar. He is such a great bar man, so friendly and sincere. Columella in the Diamond Lounge is such a gracious and helpful concierge. Our assitant waiter Abraham Vasquez busted his fanny keeping my iced tea filled up and offering rolls. Eunice Cayasso, our cabin steward, was one of the best we have ever had. Her towel animals were so funny and created with such a sense of humor.

I really hope you future Indy cruisers have the same great experience we did.

Thanks for the heads up.

Just back from the Indy and had an amazing time. They have the best bed. I never knew I could sleep soo much. First time I had a captain (Teo)with such a sense of humor. Very nice crew. All in all an amazing ship.
I think Captain Teo goes on vacation soon as we will have Captain Remo on Jan. 10.

Just a quick update on our cruise so far. Last night was formal night. I didn't think that the food really lived up to our experiences on Celebrity but it OK. Presented nicely! Did a little gambling on the gaming tables last night and came out ahead about $200. I don't find the internet access excessively slow. Slower than my cable connection at home but definitely faster than dial up. Ship got into port just before 7:00 this morning. We had room service delivery breakfast and then headed down to deck 1 to board the tender. Met our tour guide there which was Extreme Cave Tubing. Did the zip line and cave tubing. Both were awesome and our guide JP was the best. Tonight we are eating at Portifino's and after the work out we got today a large meal will be welcome. I'll post more as the week goes on. Oh, for the record, HawkfanI is a Jayhawk fan not a hawkeye fan.

Thanks for doing this HawkfanI!

Few questions...what night is the ice skating show? Second formal night? I'd like to book our specialty restauruants, but don't want to miss anything. Thanks!

Has he found his keys yet? ;)

Have to agree with you about the beds. The rocking of the boat and the egg crate mattress..... sweet dreams :)

You felt the rocking? :D The cruise was soo smooth. Enjoyed every minute. I'm sure those of you booked on upcoming cruises will have a great time.

Mike

Originally Posted by Oxo

Just got back from the IOS and had a great time. Only one problem that apparently has been resolved. Hubby went into the Dining Room for Breakfast wearing a Tank Top and was asked to get something else on. There was never anything in the Cruise Compass indicating that Tank Tops were not allowed in the Dining Room for Breakfast or lunch. Many men were turned away at Lunch in the Dining Room while in Labadee that were wearing Tank Tops. Many very angry. Issue addressed with Head Waiters and there were shown that there was no restriction published in the Crusie Compass. The next morning men were allowed to go into the Dining Room for breakfast and lunch."

Originally Posted by Yankeeclipper1957

Do you need to see it in writing not to walk off a bridge?

(No, you are way off base on this. If they don't want Tank tops in the dining room, publish it and enforce it. They say that shorts are not allowed in the dining room at night. People wore shorts and T-shirts in the dining room on formal night. What is your take on that?)

Who the heck wants to see men in tank tops in a dining room?

(Who the heck wants to see women with their boobs hanging out and bellies dropping out, too.)

Doesn't any sense of decorum exist or is this just an indication of the class of people traveling. That is why there are other venues for dining, more attuned to sports attire. Common sense should prevail. You don't have to have everything in writing.

(Whatever floats your boat. Agree that people should have common sense. )

I think the ship folding on the issue was wrong and the fact that there was an argument over it indicates the class of those arguing.

(Your opinion. However, my recommendation was if you don't want people to wear certain type clothing, identify it and enforce it at all times. Not wait until you have passengers come into a dining room and make an issue of it.)

Eat at the other venues if you need to show your hairy armpits.

(FYI, the Windjammer was closed. Only the dining room was open. Can we come to yours and have lunch? LOL)

So, before you try and flame me for posting what we saw and did, back off! I was posting what actually happened.

Were the Windjammer, room service, coffee shops all closed that day - the next day - everyday? Sorry it is what it is. A dining room is a dining room. Common sense is common sense. The fact that people had to argue over the ship trying to maintain a minimum level of decorum says it all. Put a freaking shirt on.

Were the Windjammer, room service, coffee shops all closed that day - the next day - everyday? Sorry it is what it is. A dining room is a dining room. Common sense is common sense. The fact that people had to argue over the ship trying to maintain a minimum level of decorum says it all. Put a freaking shirt on.

Apparently you cannot read and understand. The Windjammer was closed for lunch!!! WINDJAMMER - CLOSED FOR LUNCH.

Move on.

Was the Windjammer closed for lunch often? My kids love eating there and I need to prep them if this may be happening when we cruise.

The only time the Windjammer was closed for lunch was when we were in Labadee.

Glad to hear everyone had a great time..

We are gooing march 1st and taking another couple on thier 1st cruise.. I did not want to take them on one of the smaller ships and when the time came to book i knew was best to get them started on a new large ship. Soooooo looking forward to it.

See ya all there..i will be the one having the most fun...

One thing that I forgot to tell is that the (logo) shop on the Indy is extremely expensive. When I asked one of the girls why it was so expensive, she told me the shops on the Indy is being managed by a different company that the rest of the fleet.This same company will manage the shops on the Oasis & Allure btw.

One thing that I forgot to tell is that the (logo) shop on the Indy is extremely expensive. When I asked one of the girls why it was so expensive, she told me the shops on the Indy is being managed by a different company that the rest of the fleet.This same company will manage the shops on the Oasis & Allure btw.

You are absolutely right, caribbeanboy. I was not impressed with the selection or the prices. I thought the promenade sales were very weak. I guess the benefit is that we spent less money on board. 53.gif

Mike

Last day update, I still have quite a few minutes left on my pkg so I can spend a little more time here. Ate at Portifino's Tuesday night, dinner was awesome. Had the filet, it was so tender it melted in my mouth, has to be one of the best steaks I've ever had. Service was so, so. I don't think they crew enough staff to take care of everyone like they should. Wednesday we were in Costa Maya. Paid $20 each to go to Tequila Beach where we had all we could drink and eat all day long. We also got a 40 minutes massage for $20. About a 10th of what the ship charges for the same massage. We were all pretty worn out after the day on the beach and skipped dinner in the dining room. I saw that someone thought that the Windjammer closed for lunch, I've never seen it closed for any meal. If you enjoy alcholic beverages, be prepared to pay!!! A 16oz Bud Light will cost you about $6 each. Mixed drinks are obviously more. I think I paid $9 for a martini at dinner one night. Formal nights on the 6 day cruise are Monday and Thursday. Tonight we are eating at Chops. It's been pretty choppy waters and ship has been moving around quite a bit the last couple of days, a few drinks makes that interesting. Tomorrow we're are to get off the ship at 9:00 but I think they start getting people off around 7:30, I think it's based on what airport you're flying out of. Tomorrow night we are staying at the Hyatt Place which just across the street from the Embassy Suites. They have free internet access there so I could do a review as early as tomorrow.

Geez if Bud Light is 6 bucks, how much is beer that tastes good, eg. Corona, Killians, etc?

I wonder if I can smuggle on beer in Vernors bottles? Probably not.

If beers are $6.00 and foo-foo drinks $9.00, I'm going to be drinking a lot of faucet water and ice tea this cruise. I can do zero alcohol on the ship and just drink in port.

Mike

Archived