Grand turk-private island

patnjohn

Is there a portion of Grand Turk that Carnival owns & uses as a private Island???? Someone on our thread says it is like Labadee. They have a private beach just for Carnival cruisers that is staffed with people from the ship. I have never heard this. Can someone confirm this. Thanks.

Is there a portion of Grand Turk that Carnival owns & uses as a private Island???? Someone on our thread says it is like Labadee. They have a private beach just for Carnival cruisers that is staffed with people from the ship. I have never heard this. Can someone confirm this. Thanks.

Carnival built a cruise ship terminal at Grand Turk...no private beach just for Carnival cruisers though...If you like seclusion...once you leave the pier and walk through the stores....go to the right and keep walking past the excursion dock and you will find a beautiful beach with lots of conch shells on...horses roaming free and barely any people there...Happy Cruisin':)

No there is not. Grand Turk does not have a lot of tourists except when ships are in but all beaches are public.

Carnival did build a pier and shopping complex, but they are not private.

Half Moon Cay is the Holland America private island and since Carnival owns HAL, it has started using HMC. DH and I were just there on Saturday as the last day of our 10-day Noordam cruise (best vacation ever, btw). It is a tropical paradise and not to be missed. I recommend renting a clamshell to have some shade when needed -- it accommodates two chaise lounges and costs $14 for the day. There are a few excursions: horseback riding, glass bottom boat ride, stingray encounter and others I don't recall. We just veg out on the beach, have the BBQ lunch and enjoy the surroundings. The water was really, really cold on Saturday -- about how our pool in North Florida feels in March:eek: Took a little getting used to, but it was fine after a few minutes -- maybe I was numb. You have to be tendered to HMC from the ship as it's too shallow for the ships to dock there. Enjoy!

Half Moon Cay is the Holland America private island and since Carnival owns HAL, it has started using HMC. DH and I were just there on Saturday as the last day of our 10-day Noordam cruise (best vacation ever, btw). It is a tropical paradise and not to be missed. I recommend renting a clamshell to have some shade when needed -- it accommodates two chaise lounges and costs $14 for the day. There are a few excursions: horseback riding, glass bottom boat ride, stingray encounter and others I don't recall. We just veg out on the beach, have the BBQ lunch and enjoy the surroundings. The water was really, really cold on Saturday -- about how our pool in North Florida feels in March:eek: Took a little getting used to, but it was fine after a few minutes -- maybe I was numb. You have to be tendered to HMC from the ship as it's too shallow for the ships to dock there. Enjoy!

Actually the Carnival Corporation owns it and it is used by their cruiselines such as Hal, Carnival and Princess.

The docking cove that they created for the tenders is pretty cool.

:D

Thanks everyone! I didn't think it was a "private Island". We have been to Half Moon Cay on a Noordam trip too! Great Island to relax & to also have some fun. If I'm not mistaken, it is where we did the waverunners, which was fun.

Thanks everyone! I didn't think it was a "private Island". We have been to Half Moon Cay on a Noordam trip too! Great Island to relax & to also have some fun. If I'm not mistaken, it is where we did the waverunners, which was fun.

well Jacks Shack is down the beach some and feels like a private beach...hehehehe

Archived