Passport has amended name?

Not a problem! My wife has been traveling on an amended passport since we married in 2001 and will be stuck with it until 2011. All she does is refer the person to the last page. Trust me, anyone who looks at your passport with an official eye knows all about the amendments being on the last page.

I had the same issue for 7 years. As soon as I got up to the counter I would just let them know there was an amendment on my name on the back page, never a problem unless I didn't let them know.

I finally got my new passport and am looking forward to traveling with out dealing with two names!!!

An amended name on a passport? How do you go about doing that? What does it cost? I figured i would have to submitt my marriage certificate to them, fill out the form, and wait weeks for a new passport to come back. We have a cruise scheduled for the end of March and I'm a little worried about getting it back. Anyone with info???? Thanks

I also used an ammeded passport for 6 years with no problem. Sometimes it confused the sales people in the gift shop when my seapass had my married name printed on it but the computer had my maiden name from the passport's barcode that was scanned! I also still get some advertisements from cruise lines to me with my maiden name.

Sorry, I do not remember how long it took to get the ammended passport back. It was just a form and your marriage license to make the change.

you won't have any problem. the passport agency spelled my name wrong in the front :eek: and so I had to have that corrected by amendment in the back. it was never an issue and i traveled a lot. still, i am glad to have a new passport now!

I used one for several years too until mine came up for renewal. It works fine - except for international travel using one of the automated airport check in systems. Those are a no go because the machines don't pick up the amended name - just the initial one - so the name on the passport doesn't appear to match the name on the airplane ticket. Other than that, no problems whatsoever - just a bit of a hassle to point out the difference.

Not a problem! My wife has been traveling on an amended passport since we married in 2001 and will be stuck with it until 2011. All she does is refer the person to the last page. Trust me, anyone who looks at your passport with an official eye knows all about the amendments being on the last page.

when we travel and especially fly, my wife has to always tell the TSA to refer to the last page of the Passport for all amendments. They should have been trained to look there if there iare any differences in the name and the passport. And here I thought my wife was the only person who had this trouble....LOL ;)

An amended name on a passport? How do you go about doing that? What does it cost? I figured i would have to submitt my marriage certificate to them, fill out the form, and wait weeks for a new passport to come back. We have a cruise scheduled for the end of March and I'm a little worried about getting it back. Anyone with info???? Thanks

If you had a name change due to marriage or a court order, within 1 yr of your issued passport, you can fill out the Form DS5504 and submit the form with your passport along with the documentation to support the name change for NO FEE. If the passport was issued over 1 yr ago, you must reapply for a passport by Mail and pay the $75.00 fee.

The DS5504 form will need New Pictures IF the passport was issued over 90 days! You still do not have to pay a fee. Just submit the form with your current passport ( as long as it was issued within ONE YEAR), and the documentation supporting the name change! You will receive the Passport back with the ammended page!

If the passport was issued over 1 yr ago, you Apply by mail on form DS 82, submit your old passport with 2 new photo's The $75.00 fee and mail it in to the address it provides. You will receive a NEW Passport!

Hope this helps.

Not hardly. I renewed my passport in 1993, got married in 1994, and finally got around to sending it in for amendment in 1997 (I just travelled in my maiden name until then). No real problems until after 9/11, and I was interested to see that the stricter they were on security and document checking and matching names, the less likely they were to check for the amendment without being told. It just wasn't worth the aggravation, and I renewed 18 months early just to get my correct name out of the back and into the front.

when we travel and especially fly, my wife has to always tell the TSA to refer to the last page of the Passport for all amendments. They should have been trained to look there if there iare any differences in the name and the passport. And here I thought my wife was the only person who had this trouble....LOL ;)

When you change your name....even if you have had the old passport less than 1 year....you will still get a brand new passport, that's why you have to send in new pictures

I can't remember when but they stopped amendments,I think 2005 aand for any type of name change, you have to get a new passport. They no longer put the name change on page 24. If your passport is over 1 year old you will have to use DS-82 and spend $75.00.

When you change your name....even if you have had the old passport less than 1 year....you will still get a brand new passport, that's why you have to send in new pictures

I can't remember when but they stopped amendments,I think 2005 aand for any type of name change, you have to get a new passport. They no longer put the name change on page 24. If your passport is over 1 year old you will have to use DS-82 and spend $75.00.

• If it has been less than 90 days since your passport was issued, please mail Form DS-5504 to the address listed on the form, along with:

• Your valid
    U.S. passport

• Evidence
    to support the change requested (see Instruction Page 2 of the form)

NOTE:
We strongly encourage applicants to use a mail service which provides
delivery confirmation
when mailing a passport application or any additional documentation to the Department of State

• If it has been more than 90 days since your passport was issued, please mail Form DS-5504 to the address listed on the form, along with:

• Your valid
    U.S. passport

• Evidence
    to support the change requested (see Instruction Page 2 of the form)

• Two new

NOTE:
We strongly encourage applicants to use a mail service which provides
delivery confirmation
when mailing a passport application or any additional documentation to the Department of State

If You Wish to Expedite Your Passport Application:

• Include a check or money order for
    $60.00
    made payable to the U.S. Department of State (See
    )

• Clearly mark
    ‘EXPEDITE’
    on the outside of the envelope

• We recommend using an overnight delivery service for delivery to and from the Passport Agency

The above info is from the passport website. New photo's are NOT required if passport was issued within 90 days!

Archived