Jetblue booking for late may 2009

welove2cruisedou

Jet Blue is "refaring flights" at this time. We have been on the phone with Jet Blue agents because our flights for April were cancelled and we were not happy with the alternate arrangements. My understanding is that Tuesdays and Saturdays are days when flights are usually opened and a specific date is unknown because of this "refaring" that is going on...we did get out of an agent that it would be some time before Christmas for the Spring flights.

If anyone has any other "inside information" we would appreciate it. I know that CC is where I learned of the day that flight information would open for April 09 and that was back in Sept. 08. Thanks to all who share the info.

If we hear anything, we will certainly post for you. Good luck!

Good Afternoon,

Just wondering if anyone knows when JetBlue booking for the end of May 2009 will open up? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi there, if I hear of anything I will let you know. I got the "inside track" here on Cruise Critic when I was awaiting JetBlue's fares for February 2009. I literally got on the phone at midnight to book my itinerary (but found out from the agent that I could have called at 11 p.m.) using 2 free RT tickets I won at a raffle, and I knew those award seats would be gone fast! I don't know how people find out in advance, but they DO. It's good for you to ask!

Just got a note from JetBlue that they are opening their schedules tomorrow at Noon (EST), through September 8, 2009. If you are using an award certificate of some sort it looks like the award seats may not all be available yet.

Here is how it reads:

News for TrueBlue Members only!

Effective Noon EST on Thursday December 11, 2008 our schedule will now be extended through September 8, 2009. As a TrueBlue member you are the first to know of our extension - one of the many benefits of being a TrueBlue member!

Log on to jetblue.com/trueblue to always be in the know and take advantage of all the exclusive benefits only TrueBlue members can enjoy.

Please note that the new schedule and all award availability seating may not be completely finalized by Noon EST on Thursday December 11, 2008. However, you can still book travel within this email through April 30, 2009. This email is intended for notification purposes only.

Crazed, thanks. We're on the same cruise. I can now book my flights.

I have flights booked on United that I need to call and get the day moved ahead on but I have been holding off on making the changes in hopes that something else will be doable. As much as my dh wants to try Jet Blue they only have one flight for us out of LGB and it's at 12:25 that day. It's too risky to even consider since there are no other flights on Jet Blue that would get us home that day if something happened. I'm glad all of our cruises so far have been out of Florida it's much easier and quicker to fly in and out of there.

I have flights booked on United that I need to call and get the day moved ahead on but I have been holding off on making the changes in hopes that something else will be doable.

When you change your UA flights, will you come back and post what this change cost and if it was easy to find availability? To change a domestic booked ticket on UA will cost you $100-$150 per ticket (depending on the date you originally booked) plus the difference in fare, if any.

It may help other people learn how this all works :)

Tara,

Thank you so much for the site information. DH just called JetBlue again and he was able to get our original early flights home! He is thrilled....we are thrilled.

Thanks for the log on information...I guess the other reason is we were persistent in our calls to get our flights changed. When they cancelled our original flights, our rebooked flights were later and we weren't pleased. Now we have confirmation in hand.

Thanks!

Yes, I knew someone would be willing to share this information. I am not crazy after all. I knew there would be some nice people that would be willing to share this information once it was available. I am happy, I got the flight I wanted for early in the morning at 10:29am. No goofing around all day, at the airport. By the way does anyone know what places there are to eat at in the San Juan airport? Been to SJU airport a few times, but can't remember. Thanks again for the info. I am a happy person now!!:)

Tara,

Thank you so much for the site information. DH just called JetBlue again and he was able to get our original early flights home! He is thrilled....we are thrilled.

Thanks for the log on information...I guess the other reason is we were persistent in our calls to get our flights changed. When they cancelled our original flights, our rebooked flights were later and we weren't pleased. Now we have confirmation in hand.

Thanks!

You're welcome! So glad you got the flight you wanted!

Yes, I knew someone would be willing to share this information. I am not crazy after all. I knew there would be some nice people that would be willing to share this information once it was available. I am happy, I got the flight I wanted for early in the morning at 10:29am. No goofing around all day, at the airport. By the way does anyone know what places there are to eat at in the San Juan airport? Been to SJU airport a few times, but can't remember. Thanks again for the info. I am a happy person now!!:)

Lots of nice people here, but sometimes we need to weed through the grumpy ones to find the nice ones. :);)

When you change your UA flights, will you come back and post what this change cost and if it was easy to find availability? To change a domestic booked ticket on UA will cost you $100-$150 per ticket (depending on the date you originally booked) plus the difference in fare, if any.

It may help other people learn how this all works :)

Sure I'd be more than happy to share my experience with the rest of you in the event someone finds themselves in a similar situation. Keep in mind had I not read these boards I'd have not known anything about watching my flights or knowing how to react to flight changes. A big thank you to those that take the time to share their experiences with us so that those of us that don't fly endless flights can still benefit from their wisdom :)

I booked flights on United back in June when they opened bookings for next April. With the comments about United's future I watched for alternative flights should I find myself without flights come April 2009. I paid $360 per passenger from Syr to Lax.

United emailed me to inform me of a flight change which would result in us arriving at LAX 3 hours later than our original flight would have. I had read several times on this board that such a change initiated by the airline would *probably* allow me to request flights that worked for us instead of what United had changed us to. I contacted United and was told that the changes would allow us to change our flights or to cancel if we couldn't work the new ones into our schedule. Still unsure of where United's future was headed I sat on those flights and made no changes. My dh suggested we fly in a day earlier and fly home the day we disembark. That worked favorably for us.

When SouthWest opening booking their flights weren't going to work in our favor. Jet Blue wasn't an option we were comfortable with so I contacted United tonight. Prior to calling I had the flight numbers and seats that I wanted written down. I gave the rep the information along with the date changes I wanted. She put me on hold to get the "approval" and returned to the phone. My flights were changed to the new dates and I was told we'd be getting a refund in the form of evoucher since today's price was $340 and we paid $360 originally. I had thought I paid $340 originally and will most likely not fly United any time soon but it was a nice gesture.

So to sum it up based on United changes to my scheduled flights I was able to change my existing flights for NO additional cost and received a $20 pp voucher for the lower price the flights were today vs when I booked back in June. I will also still get my first bag at no cost since the original reservation was made in June. Finding alternate flights on United was very easy and actually I wish all airlines schedules were as easy to work with as United's has been.

Now just to be sure no one misunderstands any of this ....I was allowed to make these changes because United initiated a schedule change of 3 hours otherwise I'd be paying for any changes. Thanks Rugrats for suggesting I share my positive experience ;)

Archived