All casual nights?

lipoppop

Just got back from a trip to Sicily and still bleary eyed. But my docs for the Veendam, Dec 11th cruise to the western Carib were with my mail.

What surprised me was that it calls for 7 casual nights! We have done the eastern and southern Carib and they had both formal and informal as well. Is this a new policy or am I on a Carnival cruise by mistake?

Also I noted that HAL has found another way to save money. We each, my DW and I, used to get our own documentation packages. Lately there was one package with separate document books for each of us. Now there is one book with both our names on the page.

Now if HAL could make espresso and capicino like they make in Sicily I wouldn't mind that the documents only came by e-mail.

Ciao,

lipoppop

:cool:

That's interesting on the 7 casual nights, I find that strange, but who knows.

As far as the documents go, my parents have gotten them the way you did, one package per couple and then the next year, they each get their own, so who knows how they do it or why. On our family cruise a few years back, my parents, my sister and brother in law all got one package per couple, including the kids on theirs as well. My other married sister, they each got

their own and so didn't their kids, so go figure, I don't believe its a cost measure, or at least it hasn't been in the past.

We always get one set of documents with both of our names on the one set. I prefer it that way. Who wants any more bulk to stuff in my handbag than necessary. One document booklet is fine by me.

Lillipop...where exactly does it say about the 7 informal nights? We got our package by courier a few weeks ago and I guess being new to this, I didnt even notice that thing about the dinners. We are on the same cruise Dec. 11 with you. Boy..you sure dont have a lot of time to recuperate from this last one! Hope you had a great time and that the next one will be just as much fun!

If it were me I`d contact HAL to see if this is really the way the cruise is going to be. Then, I`d still take a couple of dressy outfits as the people in Seattle leave a lot to be desired re knowing whats going on.....jean :cool:

As you all suggested I called HAL about the 7 casual nights. It was printed on page 3, the itinerary page for those who asked.

It was a typo but nobody could explain why. There will be the usual mix: 2 formal, 2 informal, 3 casual.

:cool:

Archived