Voyager of the seas ?

What time does boarding start in galveston on the average? could you also tell me the name of the closest cruise parking area to the ship and do they have a web site thank you:)

Just before noon is always good. I have used lighthouse parking. You can prepay as they ted to fill up. They also pick up you and your luggage at the lot and terminal.

http://www.lighthouseparking.org/

We arrived at the parking lot (EZcruise) where we always park just before 11:00 AM and were onboard the VOS by 12:00 noon. The trip to the terminal was quick although we could have walked the short distance. We were able to get through the paper exercise, get our seapass in a relatively short time and sent to the waiting area (seats provided) until the actual boarding started. Staterooms were not available yet (doors were closed to hallways) so we went to the WJ and had an enjoyable casual lunch followed by a stroll around the outdoor areas.

We live about 5 hours away (275 miles) and arrived the day before staying in the Clear Lake area - our favorite. We like to arrive early and get into the vacation and particularly Caribbean mode (casual and care free). The terminal was about 30 miles away down I45.

There are also several hotels that used to offer free cruise parking. Iv been trying to book one and so far all Im finding open is Howard Johnson's. The downside is they dont have a shuttle to the port, so you still have to taxi the 5 miles to the port, might as well park in ezcruise?

We always use EZcruise parking. They are only about 1 block away from the terminal. Also, if you book online, you get a small discount 5-10 dollars. My hubby easily walked it when we did self disembarkation. I stayed with the luggage and he went and got the car and picked me up really quick.

When we sailed on the Rhapsody, we were on the ship by 11:30 both times and at the Windjammer by noon. Perfection.

RTB.....only 30 more days!!!!!!

We've used EZ Cruise Parking on two occasions and found that we had to wait a long time for a shuttle to take us to our car...but I did see many Lighthouse shuttle busses picking up their passengers. Yes...I was envious! Needless to say, we'll be using Lighthouse in March.

We've used EZ Cruise Parking on two occasions and found that we had to wait a long time for a shuttle to take us to our car...but I did see many Lighthouse shuttle busses picking up their passengers. Yes...I was envious! Needless to say' date=' we'll be using Lighthouse in March.[/b']

Iv used them at least 6 times and the only time we waited one time, one way, was about 15 minutes and folks complained and complained and threatened, you would have thought it was hours not minutes.

I thought about Lighthouse parking last time, but figured if it aint broke dont fix it.

I got to know Cindy who owns EZCruise a bit after we got home, it was the Ike cruise. Her son had to fight off maurading tow trucks trying to get onto her property and tow off our cars and then after the 2nd week, when those of us who couldnt get our insurance companies to tow us, she started to have to charge us a small daily rate, but protected our cars for the extra time. I would never use anyone else now. I called her cell phone the night the tow trucks were trying to get our cars and talked to her late one night and she reasured me.

We've used EZ Cruise Parking on two occasions and found that we had to wait a long time for a shuttle to take us to our car...but I did see many Lighthouse shuttle busses picking up their passengers. Yes...I was envious! Needless to say' date=' we'll be using Lighthouse in March.[/b']

I have never had to wait very long for a shuttle either to the terminal or to the parking lot. Last time when I had left something in the car, I walked back to the parking lot, procured the item from the car and walked back to the terminal. It is about two blocks or so. Not that far.

We always use EZcruise for parking. We both ride the bus/shuttle from the parking lot to the terminal and return with our luggage which consists of one wheeled suitcase per person and one carryon wheeled suitcase that is shared. We travel light. We do not have any rugrats left at home - proud empty nesters thank you. They put the luggage on the shuttle for us and remove it at the destination. We always tip them of course for their handling of our luggage. It is a short ride (~ three blocks) so it is not a big deal. We could walk if we wanted but the traffic is horrible around the terminal and dodging the cars/vans/busses is a life threating ordeal. Galveston really needs to do something about the traffic pattern but probably will not in our lifetime!

We always use EZcruise for parking. We both ride the bus/shuttle from the parking lot to the terminal and return with our luggage which consists of one wheeled suitcase per person and one carryon wheeled suitcase that is shared. We travel light. We do not have any rugrats left at home - proud empty nesters thank you. They put the luggage on the shuttle for us and remove it at the destination. We always tip them of course for their handling of our luggage. It is a short ride (~ three blocks) so it is not a big deal. We could walk if we wanted but the traffic is horrible around the terminal and dodging the cars/vans/busses is a life threating ordeal. Galveston really needs to do something about the traffic pattern but probably will not in our lifetime!

Yeah, I saw how bad the traffic was when we toured VOS...Ike didn't do enough damage to cause traffic flow changes, of course if it had been that bad we would be boarding up the channel in Bayport instead this year...

Maybe we will just use the shuttle going out, and then on the way home if we self disembark I will walk and get the car and swing back around to get DD and DW along with the bags, unless the shuttle is right there when we get off.

This is a snap. Drop wife with the luggage at the pier, drive over to the parking lot. Walk back to the ship.

3 blocks from the lot to the ship. On the return, porter takes bags to thier load spot, fill up the little bus and we are at the lot in two minutes....

It could not be easier.

Archived