Can you believe some of those reviews? Wow

gtidan

Hi everyone,

I was on the Splendor over thanksgiving for our honeymoon. If you read my review I was really honest. The food was great except for the turkey on thanksgiving, I have had better at my cafeteria on Thanksgiving in the hospital. The shows were all very good. The comedians were great except for the hypnotist, he was extremely bad. We had rough waters and I know for a fact that the stabilizers were not deployed because I called the pursers desk for about four consecutive days about the motion and asked if they were. I am not sure if it was regarding to the direction of the current or the cost of the use of them. The pink color was of no issue, i found it flowed very nicely. Greg in the Piano bar was good but on about three nights he would not play what was requested by anyone because he said his voice was gone, if it was its ok, but I think he just wanted others to sing as well. Greg was great, we hung out with him in Grand Turk and the Bahamas. Goose the director was the worst out of all the cruises I have been on. He was not informative, did not make his presence felt on the cruise and when he was around, only talked to the crew. Now I say this because he was in the piano bar many nights, but never walked around to say hello. The red carpet was great, good vibes and we danced there every night until about 330 or 400 am. It never get busy until about 1am daily. The morocco lounge had a terrible band in there and noone was ever there except for about 8-15 people. Only big complaint was the lines for the food, running out of beverages, runny cold eggs in the morning, the retractable roof being broken/closed the entire 8 day cruise, and no caribbean music playing anywhere on the ship. On the liberty we had alot of reggae or caribbean bands playing. This cruise did not have the feel of being in the caribbean. This will not stop me from taking another carnival cruise but will stop me from taking a new cruise ship until its been out about a year or so. The service though was great. I had the best waiter and assistant waiter ever. His name was Mugni, and Ida was his assistant. Joeffrie our steward was also superb. It was a great honeymoon except for some glitches but we made the best of it. Nothing a few seasickness pills and patience cant cure. Enjoy your trip and hopefully all the glitches are worked out before your trip on the beautiful splendor. Enjoy Pete

Also, hurricane season ends November 30, not December :rolleyes:

Too bad nobody ever told the hurricanes.

I have heard that the Alabama legislature [as a parody of social legislation] once passed a resolution banning hurricanes in the state. Katrina was not present at that session, unfortunately, so had no idea she was illegal.;)

So, who's the biggest complainer?

The complainer who didn't like their cruise?

The complainer complaining about complainer that didn't like their cruise?

Or the complainer complaining about the complainer that is complaining about the complainer that didnt' like their cruise?

:D

Good point. I prefer to think we are all having fun, although some have guilt issues with laughing at the follies of others. I can understand that, but I sure am glad they are in the minority, because I made a good part of my living being laughed and, and still draw a nice pension and a few royalties here and there. My thanks to all you silly people who poke fun, and to the serious-minded, I love you anyway. That's why Baskin Robbins has 32 flavors...or is it 38?:confused:

cubsfan - I haven't read your entire review yet (assuming you have one elsewhere), but what you stated here is great and useful. You state positives and negatives very well and don't get all dramatic. You don't blame Carnival for things that it cannot change. Reviews like this help others prepare for their own cruise. Well done, bravo.

and you wouldn't believe how hard it is for me to say something nice to a CUBS fan, ug! lol ;)

brewersfan

One thing I think all dedicated CCers could do to even out the reviews...is to make sure you post a review when you've had a good experience. (Which, for me, is everytime I cruise!) I know I'm guilty of this myself...in the turmoil of getting home and unpacking etc....you forget about doing that review...and then time goes on and you feel its too late. But people seem more likely to post a review when their experience is bad. So if you are a new cruiser you are frightened by bad review after bad review. I've found the CCL Board has more balanced info than the reviews section does, so I read that mostly. I'm on the Destiny in Jan. (god willing...) and I promise to come home and post a good review!

No, I said a way to even out negative reviews is to make sure when you have a positive experience to post that in a review. That's if you have a positive experience. Obviously you are entitled to post whatever your experience is. Just that often people only post to complain...and often forget to post to compliment.

Thanks, you saved me some typing time. I totally agree.

Is is really necessary to attack someone's review? they took the time to compose it, you have the option to read or ignore it. Unless they personally attack you, why get so wound-up about it?

This once again smacks of Carnival cheerleading. Carnival, the company that can do no wrong.

Why is 'cheerleading' for something someone likes such a bad thing? I understand some people think EVERYTHING is rosy, but why is it so horrible to say good things in support of something you like when someone else has said they don't like it?

It's OK to have opposing views......it would be so boring if everyone agreed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesublime View Post

Also, hurricane season ends November 30, not December

Too bad nobody ever told the hurricanes.

I have heard that the Alabama legislature [as a parody of social legislation] once passed a resolution banning hurricanes in the state. Katrina was not present at that session, unfortunately, so had no idea she was illegal.;)

Officially Hurricane season is June 1 - November 30, but there have been hurricanes in every month of the year.

Archived