Packing-Dec cruise to Bahamas

kathynorth

We're in the process of packing for our Dec cruise from Charleston to the Bahamas. Weather.com says the average daytime temps for our scheduled ports are in the mid-70's. However, I'm not sure of what to bring for the evenings on the ship or our days at sea. Can someone who has taken a Dec Bahamas cruise let us know what the approximate temp will be during these times? Will we need coats/jackets for outdoors or will a sweatshirt be sufficient? Thank you!

we are sailing this coming saturday to bahamas out of charleston- good question. we packed my hubby as he works nights 12 hr shifts so weekends are the only time. we rolled the clothes and were amazed at how much we will be able to bring in a smallish bag! we brought some of everything-pants shorts, tanks, tshirts mostly and few long sleeve, sweatshirt or over jacket light

Can someone who has taken a Dec Bahamas cruise let us know what the approximate temp will be during these times? Will we need coats/jackets for outdoors or will a sweatshirt be sufficient? Thank you!

Just got back a couple of days ago from a 4-day to Bahamas out of Miami ... weather was pleasantly warm in Freeport (mid 70's F), Nassau (high 70's F) & Great Stirrup Cay (low 80's F). We comfortably wore t-shirts & shorts on deck & in port every day/night. Some folks were spotted wearing light sweaters or coverups in the cooler morning/evening hours when out & about strolling the deck in the wind. Pack a rain poncho/jacket just in case as the weather can turn quickly, like it did for us in Freeport.

Have an enjoyable trip. <fingers crossed for good weather>

Cheers. Dogstar.

Got off the Majesty yesterday. The cruise was great, weather in the bahamas was in the 70's. Water too cold for me to go in but I want bath temp waters before I venture in. The sea days were cool but I think it was cold all over the East Coast. Went in the hot tub one of the sea days, Friday it was in the low 50's, with 10-15 ft waves. Too cool and windy for the decks. Wish I had brought some long pants and a sweater or sweetshirt. Hope you have warmer days but better to be prepared in case of cooler weather.

Happy sailing.

Thank you all for your input. It's nice to hear from those who have just returned that you all had a nice cruise! We're traveling via car from Boston, with a few pit stops along the way to deliver Christmas presents, so room is scarce. I suppose we'll focus on late fall attire, with some beach wear.

Archived