Transportation from Hobby Airport to Galveston

lcs

I read somewhere on this site that some cruisers have used the Super Shuttle from this airport to Galveston. But when I go on their site they state they don't have this service available at this time. We aren't cruising until March, do you think it will be available at that time? Is there another transportation system, other than a taxi? We are flying on our own the day before the cruise and I don't know if Royal Caribbean offers their transportation if we don't use their air or come in the day prior to the cruise. We are sailing on Voyager on 3/29. All help is appreciated!

I am also searching for transportation but my cruise is January 4th. I hope we can get there. Our flight arrives around 11am... yikes!

Flyguy, why don't you post on the roll call for your cruise and see what your fellow cruisers are doing for transportation? We'd love to have you to chat with, too. The link to the Jan 4 Voyagaer Roll Call is in my singature. Hope to hear from you soon.

Patti

Hmmm. I just spoke with SuperShuttle and they told me there was no shared ride service to Galveston, and the one way price was $100 per van. That would be good if you are with a group. Unfortunately, there are just the 2 of us. Therefore, Galveston Limo, at $60 rt if the best we can find, but we would have a long wait as their schedules don't match up with our flights.

I was told $100.00 per van also. This was still cheaper for 6 than Galvestonlimo. I wonder if Galvestonlimo has dropped their prices? It was $80rt per person earlier. I just wish someone who had used SuperShuttle would post their experiences.

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested in the responses you receive. I want to have a back-up plan. We are set to take RCL transfers but if something happens I want to know how to get to Galveston from the airport. Can you get transportation when you arrive at the airport or must you reserve ahead of time?

Springhill suites near Hobby airport has a pre-cruise special that includes transportation to/from port. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-deals/houha-springhill-suites-houston-hobby-airport/?offerInfo=130892

This would be good for those driving down also as it has free parking for the cruise period. (transportation free shuttle from Hobby, not from Bush)

If you will google, using the keywords:

magic yellow airport transportation houston

you will see a listing for possible sources for your transportation needs. Look for <magic yellow>.

I do not have experience with any, just trying to help out people coming into Houston who are trying to get to Galveston.

• 3 weeks later...

I called springhill suites and asked about the transportation from the hotel to the cruise dock. They transport you between 11am-12pm. The pick up then will either drop you off at the hotel if you are staying there or the airport at hobby. We are staying the night before and they will take us to the airport.

Thanks purplekisses - I booked my reservation at the Springhill Suites last night. Hopefully this will work out well for us. My only concern is on the return trip. They say not to use the shuttle if your flight leaves before 1pm. Our flight is scheduled for 1:25, so that makes me a little nervous. Hopefully traffic and airport security lines won't be a major issue on a Sunday. We're staying with them on 2/28-3/1. I'll be sure to post a review of this package when we return. Happy sailing everyone!

Archived