St.Thomas pier questions

stive1

Does anyone know which pier the Liberty will dock at since the day it's in port there are 5-6 other ships. I know Princess has been moved over to the new pier location but I'm guessing some others will need to go over there as well since the one at Havensight probably can't take that many. Thanks.

Does anyone know which pier the Liberty will dock at since the day it's in port there are 5-6 other ships. I know Princess has been moved over to the new pier location but I'm guessing some others will need to go over there as well since the one at Havensight probably can't take that many. Thanks.

yes. Sometimes it can be very busy... which date you will be at St. Thomas?

Tuesday December 30, 2008

Carnival Liberty (WICO) 0700-1800

Norwegian Dawn (CBSS) 0900-1800

Carnival Splendor (Wico) 0800-1800

Independence Of The Seas (Wico) 0800-1700

Prinsendam (CBNS) 0700-1800

Sea Dream 1 (STJ) 0700-2300

Wednesday December 31, 2008

Freedom Of The Seas (Wico) 0700-1800

Carnival Valor (Wico) 1000-2100

Statendam (CBNS) 0700-1700

Noordam (CBSS) 0700-1700

Costa Fortuna (WICO) 0700-1800

Seabourn Pride (CBHP) 0700-1300

We will be there on January 27th and there will be 5 ships in port that day. Also I just looked at the bridge cams and it looks like the Splendor may be docked over at the newer pier today. If I remember correctly the view looks very similar to the one we had last year when we were on the Caribbean Princess and it looks like you can see the other ships at Hevensight in the same picture.

We will be there on January 27th and there will be 5 ships in port that day. Also I just looked at the bridge cams and it looks like the Splendor may be docked over at the newer pier today. If I remember correctly the view looks very similar to the one we had last year when we were on the Caribbean Princess and it looks like you can see the other ships at Hevensight in the same picture.

Yes. That looks right.

Tuesday December 16, 2008

Carnival Liberty (Wico) 0700-1800

Carnival Splendor (CBSS) 0700-1800

Explorer Of The Seas (Wico) 0700-1730

Independence Of The Seas (Wico) 0700-1800

Tuesday January 27, 2009

Carnival Splendor

Explorer Of The Seas (Wico)

Carnival Liberty

Independence Of The Seas (Wico)

Norwegian Dawn (Wico)

yes. Sometimes it can be very busy... which date you will be at St. Thomas?

Tuesday December 30, 2008

Carnival Liberty (WICO) 0700-1800

Norwegian Dawn (CBSS) 0900-1800

Carnival Splendor (Wico) 0800-1800

Independence Of The Seas (Wico) 0800-1700

Prinsendam (CBNS) 0700-1800

Sea Dream 1 (STJ) 0700-2300

Wednesday December 31, 2008

Freedom Of The Seas (Wico) 0700-1800

Carnival Valor (Wico) 1000-2100

Statendam (CBNS) 0700-1700

Noordam (CBSS) 0700-1700

Costa Fortuna (WICO) 0700-1800

Seabourn Pride (CBHP) 0700-1300

Sea Dream 1 has the best spot of all!

It also looks like Liberty is always at Havensight, but that can even change as you sail into the harbor.

What you can do is go to www dot vinow dot com and click on the link for cruiseship visitors. There you'll find the current month's docking schedule. Since your cruise isn't until January, you'll have to wait until the first week in January to check. WICO is Havensight, CB is Crown Bay, and anchorage is tendering into downtown Charlotte Amalie.

Princess has an agreement to dock at Crown Bay, but Carnival still docks at Havensight (I know same company:confused:), which is why we won't go on a Princess ship stopping at St. Thomas. Crown Bay is terrible, and forget trying to get to a beach from there. All the taxis want to go to town because they can make a ton of money in a short amount of time.

If you want to go anywhere beside town from Crown Bay, you'll wait over an hour. :mad:

Sea Dream 1 has the best spot of all!

Yes. For St. John lover, it means longer stay there.

You can check back the following link when it is closer to your cruise date.

http://www.havefunwithus.net/resources/cruiseships.html

I used the link wrp96 provided for St. Thomas beach guide.

What makes it the best is that it is SD.

Princess has an agreement to dock at Crown Bay, but Carnival still docks at Havensight (I know same company:confused:), which is why we won't go on a Princess ship stopping at St. Thomas. Crown Bay is terrible, and forget trying to get to a beach from there. All the taxis want to go to town because they can make a ton of money in a short amount of time.

If you want to go anywhere beside town from Crown Bay, you'll wait over an hour. :mad:

Just an FYI, even though Princess (and HAL) have contracts with Crown Bay if there are 2 Grand Class ships in port, one of those ships will end up at Havensight because there can only be one Grand class ship at Crown Bay at a time.

And as pointed out above, yes Carnival ships get priority at Havensight but sometimes their ships do end up at Crown Bay, so don't book Carnival on the assumption that it will protect you from ending up at Crown Bay.

Archived