Norwegian Jade - MiniSuite

marvin79

Hello everyone. Has anyone cruised on a Minisuite on the Jade? We are booked on a Minisuite for the sailing next October (21OCT09) and are very excited. Would like to know the differences between a balcony and a minisuite and if anyone has pictures to share will be great. Thanks. :rolleyes:

We have also booked a minisuite on the Jade (for next November). I have seen comments that there is not a big difference in size between a balcony and a minisuite, but from what I have read the mini (room portion) is about 50% bigger than the balcony--I think it is about 240 sq ft versus about 165.

Took the mini because there are 3 of us on a 12 day Istanbul-Barcelona, and thought the extra room would be nice.

Can't speak for Jade, but on Star, and I suspect they are similar, the biggest difference is the bathroom is larger and has a tub rather than a shower. The tub is rather high so if you have any accessiblity issues, be advised. The MS balcony is slightly deeper...not a huge difference but a little one.

Clay

Can't speak for Jade, but on Star, and I suspect they are similar, the biggest difference is the bathroom is larger and has a tub rather than a shower. The tub is rather high so if you have any accessiblity issues, be advised. The MS balcony is slightly deeper...not a huge difference but a little one.

Clay

I certainly hope that the bath tub can be used as a shower if desired. Can someone confirm that?

Thanks

Al

I certainly hope that the bath tub can be used as a shower if desired. Can someone confirm that?

Thanks

Al

Can only speak to the Dawn but, if all mini's are the same then YES. The shower in our suite was a hang-up shower head as part of the tub. Quite nice. Wife loved the tub. This was our first cruise ever and I wouldn't go less than the mini suite if I were to go again.

Hello Marvin. We will also be on the Oct 21st Jade cruise. But we have an aft BA on deck 8. We love those aft cabins.

Join the roll call. There are only a few people on it so far as it is still 10 months away.

If you are not familiar with the roll calls, let me know and I will walk you through it.

Gary

Marvin,

Basically it is a cruise forum like this one but everyone in it is going to be on the same cruise with us.

It is the place where we can put together a cruise critic group which NCL will recognise and hold one or two special get togethers for us.

You can reach the forum through this link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=792471

Gary

Can only speak to the Dawn but, if all mini's are the same then YES. The shower in our suite was a hang-up shower head as part of the tub. Quite nice. Wife loved the tub. This was our first cruise ever and I wouldn't go less than the mini suite if I were to go again.

Thanks for that info.

Al

Have stayed in minisuite on Pearl last year in the Caribbean and this year on the Jade in the Mediterranean, wouldnt go lower than a minisuite. Definately more room than in a balcony cabin and better drawer and wardrobe space. Also you get bathrobes and Occitaine soap in the bathroom. Have just booked minisuite on the Jewel for next August so we must be fans! You'll love the Jade especially if you have ever been to Hawaii !!:):)

Just dont expect Butler service, you need to go up one grade for that, or pray for the up-grade fairy.

Mini suites really should be called Deluxe Balcony. No special perks. Room is slightly bigger and has divider curtain as mentioned above.

Mini's on Pearl, Jewel and Jade are pretty much identical.

For Roll Call information, check the sticky at the top of the NCL page or see the notes in the link below.

Aloha,

Just finished 12 days in 11618.

Embarkation day - 6 chocolate covered strawberries.

2nd or 3rd day. - Couple of large cookies.

Towel animals - At least 6 or 7 during the cruise. Our friends on deck 8 only got 2.

Location - Being one flight of stairs from Deck 12 is great. Also the straight shot from forward to aft is great when trying to get places in a hurry.

TV looked to be a little larger than the one in rooms in deck 8 but not sure.

Tub was great for doing laundry. Wash in sink, rinse in tub and then hang on balcony during port days.

Space would be main reason to buy if traveling with 3 people.

Will be in a minisuite AF on the Star. I gather there is a grab bar in the shower/ tub area so one can get into the shower/ tub without a serious problem?

Again I can only speak to the Dawn but, YES there is a grab bar and not a small one either.

We have also booked a minisuite on the Jade (for next November)... Took the mini because there are 3 of us on a 12 day Istanbul-Barcelona, and thought the extra room would be nice.

We did the 12 day Istanbul-Barcelona cruise in a mini-suite, just a little over a month ago... we are still suffering "withdrawals" from that trip being over... :o

We loved the Jade, and we loved the mini-suite we had... but, never having stayed in a regular balcony, I can only comment on the mini-suite from my recent experience...

It is my understanding that the mini-suite is slightly larger with a major difference being a "bigger and better" bathroom... there is a nice tub/shower combo and the toilet is separated from the tub/shower/sink by a sliding door.

Additionally, the bed was very comfortable... and just for the "heck" of it, I had slept on the pullout couch for one night and found it to be adequate. As someone else mentioned, the sitting area can be separated from the bed area by a curtain.

Being only 2 of us, we were extremely comfy in this cabin... be prepared to be "very cozy" with 3 people... however, I would think it should be no problem for you...

Oh, and I also believe the balcony is also slightly larger!!

Enjoy and have fun... :D

Garth...:rolleyes:

We were upgradeD to a AF mini suite this past Oct. On the Star from a BA balcony. The AF was larger with alot more space. The balcony was huge compared to the BA balcony. We were alot more comfortable in the AF than the rest of our group which were in BA balcony cabins. Also you do have the full size bath tub in the AF mini as does not the BA balcony. You also have dual a/c units. That was the one thing my hubby loved. First time on a ship that the room stayed cool enough for him. We are now booked for Europe in Feb. 2010 on the Jade. Hubby would take nothing less than the AF Mini Suite. Hoping to get upgraded to a AE or higher suite.

Archived