Grandeur Of The Seas

Just returned from the Dec. 22nd sailing of the Grandeur and loved it. We've been on 21 cruises and this may be the best one yet. The captain is a hoot, the crew is wonderful and the ship, although older, is in very good condition. We found the food to be good -- much better than on our Enchantment cruise in August. We'd definitely recommend the Grandeur.

I'll be joining you on that cruise with my best friend and my mother! Maybe we'll get to meet!

Come on over to the roll call thread for our cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=743140 Then sign up for the "Meet and Mingle" on this site (http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/meetandmingle.cfm) and you'll get an invitation to our official Cruise Critic get-together onboard. :)

We got off of the Grandeur cruise that ended 12/22. We certainly recommend her. The crew is wonderful. Our dining staff is the best we've had to date. Head waiter PT and our waiter (I can't remember his name, but he's from Turkey) and his assistant were absolutely wonderful. I truly have not had better service in the dining room. I only hope you can get them - we were at table #60. Certainly an asset to RC.

I don't think you can go wrong. We enjoyed her immensely. Photo staff is also very, very good!!!:D

we are sailing spring break as that is when my spouse, a Univ professor has off. It is the week of March 16th, although other colleges may have different dates around that time.

Hi Peabody, DH and I are going on the same cruise.

We always cruise during spring break and have never had any problems with spring breakers. This will be our first on Grandeur, but we were on Splendour in April 2007, from Galveston to Costa Maya and Cozumel. Splendour is of the same class of ships and we really enjoyed the adult only solarium. We are especially looking forward to the 'at sea' days.

This year, we sailed on Majesty in March. There did seem to be more college spring breakers in March, which made 'Quest' game night more interesting.... Otherwise, we noticed about the same amount of kids in March as in April.

I think that I read somewhere that the 2nd week of March is the most common college spring break week, while school systems typically have spring break the 1st and 2nd week of April.

Archived