Sandy Lane Hotel

joetop2467

This will be our third trip to Barbados. Have done the Green Monkey tour-great and went to Boatyard-awesome. This time we were thinking of checking out the super exclusive Sandy Lane Hotel. I understand this is where Tiger Woods got married. Does anyone know if you can take a bus out there from the cruise terminal or what would a taxi cost. Is it worth the time and cost?

This will be our third trip to Barbados. Have done the Green Monkey tour-great and went to Boatyard-awesome. This time we were thinking of checking out the super exclusive Sandy Lane Hotel. I understand this is where Tiger Woods got married. Does anyone know if you can take a bus out there from the cruise terminal or what would a taxi cost. Is it worth the time and cost?

Yes, bus is the cheapest (US$.75), taxi, maybe US$15(?) one way.

But you won't see much unless you have lunch or play golf.

One is not offered a walk-through or a day pass here. Sandy's guests request this. I suppose when one pays US$6,000 per night for a room, they can dictate the parameters of their visit.

Lunch for two will run you about US$220 with a drink. Golf on the Old Nine is at least that PP. Don't think they've opened up the Green Monkey to non-guests, as yet. I can tell you that the GM is over twice the price that of the Old Nine.

Sandy is about 15-20 minutes North of the pier in Holetown.

Out platimum coast (West, where Sandy Lane resides), is certainly worth a visit. Many come and never leave as they love it so much.

ENJOY! :)

..thinking of checking out the super exclusive Sandy Lane Hotel.

I understand this is where Tiger Woods got married. ===> not quite..

The Tiger got married

about 1.5 miles inland from the main hotel on the beach

-at the Sandy Lane Golf Club

just so's you know..

Taxi last two weeks were $40 from pier to golf course and then $40 from course back to pier. This was for 3 golfers w/ bags one week and 4 golfers w/ bags the other week. Hamburgers are $35, chicken tenders $30, etc. at golf course. But if you play golf....it is a fabulous course and worth the expensive cost.

Taxi last two weeks were $40 from pier to golf course

and then $40 from course back to pier.

This was for 3 golfers w/ bags one week, and 4 golfers w/ bags the other week.

Hamburgers are $35, chicken tenders $30, etc. at golf course.

But if you play golf....it is a fabulous course and worth the expensive cost.

Those Dollar quotes..... in U.S.Dollars? or Barbados Dollars?

There's a 2:1 difference..

ok.. so in rereading the post.. I would think normally 40.00bbd would be expensive from the port to Sandy Lane, (read being taken for a ride..hahaha).. but with 3 or 4 golfers and bags.. 40.00usd might not be unheard of..

35.00bbd for a burger.. even at Sandy Lane, seems expensive.. unless it's served on china..

but likely what you would spend.

US $ on all items quoted above......DH tells me first week was actually $15 per person round trip ($60 US for 4 golfers 4 bags), second week was $40 US each way (for 3 golfers, 3 bags)....food prices are as quoted in US $....first time we ate at the golf course several years ago....we had 1 sprite, 1 ice tea, one seafood cobb salad, and one bowl of onion soup and it was over $100 US

US $ on all items quoted above......

DH tells me first week was actually $15 per person round trip ($60 US for 4 golfers 4 bags),

second week was $40 US each way (for 3 golfers, 3 bags)....food prices are as quoted in US $....

first time we ate at the golf course several years ago....we had 1 sprite, 1 ice tea, one seafood cobb salad,

and one bowl of onion soup and it was over $100 US

That's the Sandy Lane we know and love! :D

Archived