A semi outside room now an inside?

Cruisin' Ron VA

I was just goofing off on Carnivals website looking at prices on Carnival Legend. I know I know I said I would take a break from Carnival but I have my reasons.

Anyway the room they picked for me was a cat 4f stateroom 4152. It is listed as an inside but its obviously on the port side with a lifeboat hanging outside.

Does this room have any type of window or balcony door and you just cant go outside? Or is there no window of any type in there?

:confused:

I was just goofing off on Carnivals website looking at prices on Carnival Legend. I know I know I said I would take a break from Carnival but I have my reasons.

Anyway the room they picked for me was a cat 4f stateroom 4152. It is listed as an inside but its obviously on the port side with a lifeboat hanging outside.

Does this room have any type of window or balcony door and you just cant go outside? Or is there no window of any type in there?

Carnival has changed many obstucted OV cabins from cat 5A to 4F. Conquest ships and spirit class for sure not sure about fantasy class. Cabin 4152 has opening french doors with a railing outside, no balcony. You will have a view of a lifeboat 20 feet in front of you.

Obstructed French Doors

Cabin 4152 (4F OSTW) 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: obstructed French Doors

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Here is the info;

Cabin 4152 (4F OSTW) 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: obstructed French Doors

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

We have had the 5A (4194) on a couple of Spirit Class ships (since Mr. Tightwad won't spring for a balcony) and while it is obstructed...you can see

between the lifeboats some.

I like these cabins because you get a lot of light....not much of a view..but lots of light.

(and in the case of an emergency....the lifeboat is right there!! LOL)

We have had the 5A (4194) on a couple of Spirit Class ships (since Mr. Tightwad won't spring for a balcony) and while it is obstructed...you can see

between the lifeboats some.

I like these cabins because you get a lot of light....not much of a view..but lots of light.

(and in the case of an emergency....the lifeboat is right there!! LOL)

Do the French Doors open to allow air also?

Thanks everyone. I dont need to go out there.

I was just wondering why Carnival list it as an inside. Have they always listed it as such?

I would imagine it is because you dont have a view and cant actually go outside.

Thanks again.

That's a pretty nice upgrade Ron--congrats!

They used to have these listed as a category 5A. I think it was a good move on Carnival's part to list them as a 4F. Most of them are too obstructed to offer much of a view. It is great to get a little natural light and fresh air for the cost of an inside, though! I had 4140 on the Legend a couple of years ago and it was great.

loveallships-the french doors do open

Archived