Bringing Bottled Water Onboard

From previous threads on this topic nobody has reported any problems bringing it on board. Do keep in mind that the ship's tap water is perfectly fine to drink and is as pure as most bottled waters. Many people bring a few bottles to take on excursions and refill the bottles with the ship's tap water.

Can I put my water/soda into one of these as a piece of luggage? Will make carrying off alcohol/souveniers and such easier. Do I need to do anything special with it besides put a luggage tag on it? Do I need to close up the top or anything? If so, can I tape a piece of heavy cardboard on top to close it?

PR_93536.jpg.c790318f32df724694a2d69703cfd820.jpg

It's hard plastic that unfolds to a cart. It's pretty sturdy, but I dont know since it is open topped, if they can do it, cause I saw how they handled our luggage on the first cruise. But I guess if you hand them the cart, they got to be "somewhat" gentle right? I mean they don't throw your soda, water cases around or else they would all be loose bottles when they get to you.

glad to hear this because I plan to bring some bottled water and ginger ale. What about those nips? if I were to bring a couple of those little tiny bottles of baileys would they take it? I took a few on a plane once (even though they carry them) and it was ok.

Has anyone gotten any grief regarding bringing bottled water onboard as a carry-on? What quantity, if any, would be OK ? Specifically, leaving on Navigator of the Seas tomorrow. Thanks in advance for your replies.

On our last cruise someone's luggage was left at our stateroom door because they had been upgraded and the luggage didn't follow. 2 bags and 2 - 24 packs of bottled water. The water was on top of the luggage when we arrived at our stateroom and I said to my wife: "Oh look, they left us bottled water." Then I saw their tapped on luggage tags! So people do bring it with them!

The water onboard is fine to drink--after all, the ice, and all your food is made with it!

Bring a bottle or two for ports, but just refill from the tap and stick in your little fridge.

No need to lug a bunch of water!

The original poster is sailing on the Navigator which we sailed on a couple of weeks ago. There have been some guests onboard this ship (us included) that have experienced nasty yellow water out of the bathroom tap for the past couple of months. I don't blame you for wanting to take bottled water with you....we took a twelve pack of bottled water with us--just stuck a luggage tag on it and put clear plastic packing tape over the tag to secure it well. It showed up with our luggage, no questions asked.

Onb our Grandeur cruise in Nov. DW put a 32oz. bottle of water in her suitcase. She bought it at the airport and wanted to keep it because of the spout. Her luggage was sent to the 'naughty room' where she had to go to claim it. They wanted to know what was in the bottle. She told them it was water and they could pour it out for all she cared, just let her keep the bottle. Meanwhile I taped together 2 12 packs of caffine free diet coke and had 2 16oz. bottles of water that made it through just fine. I used the Windjammer water fountain to keep them filled.

Archived