Cabins

wildweston

Hi all, love reading all your postings lots of good tips, advice and general information that comes in handy to people like me who's never been on a cruise. I was wondering about the cabins, how soundproof are they (can you hear people talking or moving around next door ?) also how is the noise level in the corridor outside. Thanx

Hi Wildweston,

We have never had a problem with noise from either nearby cabins or from the corridor. The rooms are reasonably sound-proofed and most people are very considerate of others.

I have heard of some cabins where there is noise from the buffet area overhead. In some cabins near the bow you can hear the anchor chain going out when the ship arrives at a port where the tenders are to be used. There is also some noise from lowering the tenders. This is usually around 8am (or maybe a little bit earlier) so it shouldn't be a problem. :):)

Evon.

sound is not a big problem on the sun when we went this but i do have say if you are going to be naughty wife your partener dont be to noisey at it lol not that we are but we did have newlt weds next to us great laugh

sorry dont get me wrong im haveing a go at any one we have never had any problems with noise but most people dont spend that much time in there cabins any way and its very easy to sleep we live on a farm no noise here so you should nt have any trouble sleeping we dont hey when are u going and have a great cruise

Hi, we were on C Deck on Pacific Dawn and had families next to us and across the hallway, also had a group of teenagers a few doors down. We hardly ever heard any noise from the corridor, and never heard anything through the walls. In fact, I had the best nights sleep I have had in years. (Not sure if it was the gentle movement of the ship, or the cocktails.):D:rolleyes:

I was quite worried about this as I have a very light sleeper (master 3) and was thinking the worst! BUT HONESTLY i can't actually remember hearing passers by once! OR noise from another cabin

In saying that my sister was next door and said that my son waking up was her alarm clock. She knew if he was up and talking it must be morning :) so she musthave heard him

I definatly heard our next door neighbours when they were talking and opening and closing drawers. we were on aloha deck pacific dawn.

Never heard any noise from the corridor or the buffet above.

I think you have to expect some noise as long as it is not excessive, i met a family of four at lunch they were on Emerald desk who said their kids ended up sleeping in the corridor between the bathroom and wardrobe because of the noise next door(they had 3 teenagers next door) they said it was awful and they had not slept since they got on and this was the second last day, so i you will hear noise you just have to hope your neighbours are considerate.

Marg

Hi there,

The only noise I ever heard was the adjoining stateroom's toilet flushing . You had to be in the bathroom and the loud vacuum noise is pretty wild the first time you hear it.

It's pretty well soundproofed otherwise.

Enjoy you cruise.

Anna

That's exactly what I was going to say:). Flushing toilet was all we ever heard on both cruises. Obviously we had considerate neighbours.

Hi all, love reading all your postings lots of good tips, advice and general information that comes in handy to people like me who's never been on a cruise. I was wondering about the cabins, how soundproof are they (can you hear people talking or moving around next door ?) also how is the noise level in the corridor outside. Thanx

Dear Neice,

It wont be noisy....im not going on that cruise:)

Don't forget, if it is too noisy for some reason, you can make a complaint at the pursers desk. They will try to sort out problems if they can. I remember some teenagers saying while in a lift, that they had been told by the people at the pursers desk to be quieter in the corridors as someone had complained.

All sounds good. Actually Thied no newly weds here, I'm actually going with a friend and we both have 15 year old boys so worried they would be the noisy ones. Gee I hope my friend and her son don't snore never thought of that!!!

Thanx

Cheryl

All sounds good. Actually Thied no newly weds here, I'm actually going with a friend and we both have 15 year old boys so worried they would be the noisy ones. Gee I hope my friend and her son don't snore never thought of that!!!

Thanx

Cheryl

thats kool we all ways take our children on holls with us thats why we have them am i wrong so we are probly the noisy one too 15 yr old and 2 yr old gee here come the greswaulds hope i spelt it right o well lol

The only problem we have taking two 15 year old boys is they want to take more bags than us!!! ( not meaning the mums) that is so true so many bags glad we are getting on a plane exess $ we would have to pay lol

sorry for this

The only problem we have taking two 15 year old boys is they want to take more bags than us!!! ( not meaning the mums) that is so true so many bags glad we are not getting on a plane exess $ we would have to pay lol

Hi thied

Please don't take offence to this but can I help you out with the quoting of someones post when you are posting? I hope you don't think I'm being picky but sometimes it's hard to read when it all looks like your post when in fact some of it is quoted from another post.

When you click on "quote" the full message appears. It starts with

then you have the message and it ends with

I have used one of my messages as an example there, hence the karmac;17394337. Each message will have a different name & number.

When you want to quote, if you leave the parts I have typed in red there (ie do not delete those bits) it will show up with the blue background and everyone can tell which part of the message is someone elses quote.

Again, I hope you don't think I'm being picky & I sincerely hope you don't get offended, I just wanted to help you out.

Ok, that didn't work. I should have realised it would show me as quoting. I'm a dope sometimes.

I'll try again. The message starts with [then has a user name & number then a ]. Then there's the message and it ends with [ ] with "/quote" in between the brackets. If you leave the [ ] and everything in between both at the start of the message & at the end then it should work. I've probably totally confused you now (hey, I've even confused myself) but I hope it helps.

Archived