another pool question. any doctors here?

taralu7

These are very painful, why would you let your daughter remain in pain for several weeks? If it is open and oozing it has to hurt. Get her to the doctor immediately and have it taken care of. Then she can enjoy the cruise also, why make her suffer through the cruise?:mad:

We did our 2nd CCL cruise in Oct., third one this coming March. I pretty much decided back in Oct. that Carnival's swimming pools are not for me. I'm in my 50's but not in bad shape (bad back, of course) but I've had an easier time climbing in and out of a boat than getting out of these pools! Those steep ladders are awful!! So, this definitely makes up my mind now. I'll stick to the ADULT hot tubs from now on!

My first reaction, though, was, "Sure, Mom, let your 11-year old go in---in the KIDDY pool, that is.'

Finally, I have to add, if this little girl is going to have surgery after the cruise, she must be in some serious pain. I feel sorry for her! Hope they don't make her walk 3 miles at the first port they hit.

This thread is going great. If we can keep it going with the grossness of the pools then I'm thinking that on my cruise next month i'll have the pools and hot tubs all to my friends and myself. More room for us that know what will and won't hurt you.

As an aside after I do one of these ingrown nail procedures and parents ask if it is ok to swim afterwards I say that it's actually good for it to swim in a pool (same as chlorine or salt water soaks) but not to go in a lake, pond or river. Too much nasty stuff in there. I'm also in the group that don't like to see swim diapers in the pools. More of the potentially nasty stuff there as well as just plain gross.

We've been on many cruises, and we have YET to ever use the pool. Why? Because I have witnessed babies in the pool with diapers on! Children don't get out of the pool to use the bathroom because they are having too much fun. I'd be afraid of getting e.coli--and I don't care how much chlorine they use, it's not safe. I only use the adult spas--if I see a child in one of them, I don't get in.

i was reading the other "pool" thread talking about whether or not the water is chlorinated...

would it be safe for my daughter? she's 11 and is suffering from an ingrown toenail. it's doing better but still oozes a little on her sock during the day, so obviously it's "open". we put off her surgery until after the cruise for obvious reasons but now i'm a little worried about her getting it contaminated.

She never said anything about oozing pus; just oozing. Take a breath people.

This thread is going great. If we can keep it going with the grossness of the pools then I'm thinking that on my cruise next month i'll have the pools and hot tubs all to my friends and myself. More room for us that know what will and won't hurt you.

I agree! Keep up all the gross, icky ideas about the pool and maybe next March I'll have one on the Miracle all to myself. Can I smuggle on a 6 foot floating alligator chaise in my checked luggage? :D

I can not believe that this thread is still active.

I hope the thread lives and lives forever. I just finished reading it for the 5th time. It makes me laugh everytime. My daughter just walked across the room and asked why I'm laughing. Really now, how do I answer that question. "Well, cruisers are discussing ooze in the poolz."

I hope the thread lives and lives forever. I just finished reading it for the 5th time. It makes me laugh everytime. My daughter just walked across the room and asked why I'm laughing. Really now, how do I answer that question. "Well, cruisers are discussing ooze in the poolz."[/quote]

Now that makes me laugh.:D

Archived