Treadmill Hogs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cruiser23490578

On our former cruises I never had a hard time finding a chair by the pool, but oftentimes had a hard time finding an "open" treadmill in the gym. A good many were occupied by people while others were "saved" with a sweaty shirt, towel or someone's water bottle.

I hesitate to move these items for fear of 1. Germs 2. Being pummeled by 200 lbs of muscle.

Any suggestions?

It's a gym. People who go to the gym don't save machines...lol

For some reason people on a cruise, like to pretend they work out.

I go to the gym at home. I don't do the gym on a cruise ship.

I vacation from everything, when I am on vacation :D

I work out regularly on land, and on a cruise. It is never "kosher" to save a treadmill in any shape or form. When you're done with your machine, you're done. Period. If more than 30 seconds to a minute goes by and the machine is unoccupied, it's yours, IMO.

Thanks for your suggestions! I did a search and did not find any info on this subject so I appreciate your recommendations.

For you non-runners/exercisers.....if you are passing the gym sometime stop by and glance at the treadmills and you'll see what I'm talking about especially during peak times.....it looks like chair hogs on steroids!:eek:

On our former cruises I never had a hard time finding a chair by the pool, but oftentimes had a hard time finding an "open" treadmill in the gym. A good many were occupied by people while others were "saved" with a sweaty shirt, towel or someone's water bottle.

I hesitate to move these items for fear of 1. Germs 2. Being pummeled by 200 lbs of muscle.

Any suggestions?

They have treadmills on a cruise ship???????? Who the heck knew that one???? I'll have to look for those next time.

NOT!!

If I could LMAO I definitely would, but unfortunately it talks a lot more than laughing these days for the A to come off, hence the need for a treadmill:(.

I really wasn't trying to be a smart a**. Sorry if it appeared that way.

Any suggestions?

Go to the pool bar, drink beer until the treadmill urge passes. An it willl,,,,,

Dan

But seriously.....I think that if you wait for a couple of minutes and nobody comes to claim the treadmill, remove the towel or water. If (or when) the person comes back, and it only has been a minute or so I would give it back to them. Any longer and they are out of luck. You can tell them that you waited over 5 minutes and nobody came to claim it so you figured it was an open treadmill and someone must have lf their towel or bottle there. If they continue to argue they are self absorbed and you shouldn't care about them.

Go to the pool bar, drink beer until the treadmill urge passes. An it willl,,,,,

Dan

OMG, you are so funny.

You guys almost have me talked out of going to the gym on our next cruise. My husband, the original Cruisefanman, will not be happy. Usually HE'S the one drinking beer (or something) while I'm on the treadmill.

But seriously.....I think that if you wait for a couple of minutes and nobody comes to claim the treadmill, remove the towel or water. If (or when) the person comes back, and it only has been a minute or so I would give it back to them. Any longer and they are out of luck. You can tell them that you waited over 5 minutes and nobody came to claim it so you figured it was an open treadmill and someone must have lf their towel or bottle there. If they continue to argue they are self absorbed and you shouldn't care about them.

This has happened before. I picked the machine that I thought was least likely to actually be occupied (the one with the empty bottle of water) got on and out of the corner of my eye saw someone come up and say "Ahem, I'm using that". I apologized, got off, and proceeded to watch them walk back to the mat to stretch.

This is a vacation and the last thing I want to do is get in an argument with someone (not even my nature when I'm at home). I think I'll play it by ear and maybe ask one of the gym attendants to remove the objects and if the person has something to say I'll direct them to tell the attendant.

Oh boy, all this planning for a workout is quite strenuous. I think I'll take Dan's suggestion right now, minus the pool but add a fireplace. Now you can't do that on a cruiseship!!!!

OMG, you are so funny.

You guys almost have me talked out of going to the gym on our next cruise. My husband, the original Cruisefanman, will not be happy. Usually HE'S the one drinking beer (or something) while I'm on the treadmill.

Then getcher buns back on the treadmill, girl. Beer drinkin is man's work. T, K, O, H, and a few other ladies excepted.:D

Dan

I like running the track every morning out in the morning sunshine.:)Only use the treadmill if the weather is bad. On the Triumph they installed lcd tv's on the mills, maybe that's why people stay on the treadmill a little to long.

Archived