Tri-rail? Fort Lauderdale to Palm Beach

bigwuhead

Upon the return of my cruise to Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades I need to get from there to Palm Beach. I was looking into taking the tri-rail from Fort Lauderdale to Palm Beach, FL. Does anyone have experience with this? Do they have a shuttle that picks you up at the port?

Thanks.

Hi,

We always stay at the Courtyard By Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Airport Cruiseport (Dania Beach) and the Tri-Rail Train stops across from the hotel all the time. I believe you will have to take a cab from the cruise ship to the station in Dania Beach (Ft. Lauderdale Airport stop). Go to http://www.tri-rail.com or call 800-874-7245 and you can get the times and any info. When I called them several months ago, they were so friendly and helpful. Seniors travel for a really inexpensive fare (I'm one). If you don't have a lot of luggage, it's a very easy way to get to Palm Beach.

Sheila

If you are taking it from FLL you have to pick it up over by the courtyard marriott airport location which is right next door to trirail airport station. I can't speak if there is a bus or not from the port, I doubt it. There is one from the trirail station to the airport/

It's really a commuter train and not luggage friendly. the schedule is less predictable on weekends, runs less frequently, and if by some way there is a crowd you'll have to drag your bags to the upstairs car. If you are not in a rush it's not a bad deal, but your an easy target schlepping your bags, for someone to identify you as a tourist and then that can lead to other issues.

Upon the return of my cruise to Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades I need to get from there to Palm Beach. I was looking into taking the tri-rail from Fort Lauderdale to Palm Beach, FL. Does anyone have experience with this? Do they have a shuttle that picks you up at the port?

Thanks.

It is a PITA! OK for a commuter or someone without a lot of bags, but it really is NOT for travelers...You will ahve to cab it or take a public bus to get to the airport...you come out of the west palm station and walk across the parking lot to get the bus...NOT far but, when i did it, it was SUPER hot and may as well have been 5 miles..i almost walked to my hotel (the marriott behind it) but i couldn't see an easy way around the fence and over the tracks!)

i would cab it from PE to FLL and get the go shuttle to PBI. will not be as cheap but sometimes cheap is not good!

it is OFTEN late...sometimes 5-10 minutes, sometimes an hour.....

Archived