Prices Keep Going Down

peedee3400

What date are you sailing on? I haven't been notified of any decreases and we are on the CB out of New York on June 2nd. I may have to call up my TA to find out why I haven't seen any decreases. We are in a Balcony.

Hi DNT - We are on the 07/26/09 sailing. Some friends are on the 08/13/09 sailing and theirs was also decreased. I would call the TA to check. Have a great cruise!

I am looking at Star Princess to SA in January 2010. Mini-suite is currently listed at $3618 per person. Same cruise, same ship, January 2009 and mini-suite is $2236. Why? I realize ship is probably not full for January 2009 but why would I book now for January 2010 - I am not overly concerned about location of room - so I'll want to ensure lowest possible price.

I am looking at Star Princess to SA in January 2010. Mini-suite is currently listed at $3618 per person. Same cruise, same ship, January 2009 and mini-suite is $2236. Why? I realize ship is probably not full for January 2009 but why would I book now for January 2010 - I am not overly concerned about location of room - so I'll want to ensure lowest possible price.

I booked our South America cruise two years ago at approx. the same price you're quoting now. Last week that price is now almost 2/3 less. I kept watching and the prices kept falling. We need to get our ducks in a row quite far in advance; cannot wait for the last minute.

I booked our South America cruise two years ago at approx. the same price you're quoting now. Last week that price is now almost 2/3 less. I kept watching and the prices kept falling. We need to get our ducks in a row quite far in advance; cannot wait for the last minute.

Thanks Pia - and you never had any problem getting the reduced fare?

We are also on the June 2nd. cruise out of NY and have not been notified of any decrease in price. We have a balcony room also.

Ranchette,

I checked with my TA and indeed, the prices did go down on the CB out of NYC on June 2nd. I was able to upgrade to a minisuite category for the same price I was paying for a BB. If I didn't upgrade, then I would have saved $300 on that cabin. Since this is a family cruise and I am paying for 3 cabins, I'm actually paying less in total and with a mini suite to boot. Call your TA quick

We, unfortunately, have made our final payment for our Feb. cruise on the Grand, and as of today prices for our cabin dropped by $700.00. We tried to get the new price, but because final payment has been made, we would lose just about that amount by cancelling now and rebooking. Doesn't hardly seem worth the trouble, but DH called Princess to complain anyway. They offered us an upgrade to a mini suite(which we don't want due to cabin location), or an OBC of 100.00. Apparently the mini suites are not selling so fast. He voiced his displeasure, but it fell on deaf ears as it were!! But at least we let somebody know that we thought it was unfair:rolleyes: So if anyone wants a really good deal on a 14 day in Feb., today is the day to book! I think the answer is to wait to book a cruise till the last possible minute you and just keep watching the prices fall:D

Wondering if anyone else has ever encountered this?

Ranchette,

I checked with my TA and indeed, the prices did go down on the CB out of NYC on June 2nd. I was able to upgrade to a minisuite category for the same price I was paying for a BB. If I didn't upgrade, then I would have saved $300 on that cabin. Since this is a family cruise and I am paying for 3 cabins, I'm actually paying less in total and with a mini suite to boot. Call your TA quick

That is terrific! Have a great cruise.

You might not be concerned about location of the room, but if you definitely wanted to be on that ship in 2010 because of the ship and the itinerary, than you probably should book it now to ensure a cabin. If the prices go down before final payment, you can re-book at the new rate and save some money, maybe as much as the difference between 2009 and the 2010 rate.

I saw all of the posts about the price drops so I checked our August Alaska cruise and sure enough it was down by over $400 pp. (For a balcony.) I left a message for our TA yesterday and he called back this morning and told me they lowered our final payment by over $800. I was a little disappointed as I was secretly hoping to upgrade to a mini & get a little OBC. :D But I know that the lower price is best for our financial situation so it was probably best I did not get the chance to talk about an upgrade. ;) At least we got a GREAT deal on a balcony. And if it goes down again this time I will look into the upgrade since we have such an awesome deal now.

Checked internet and called TA. We are now saving $1100.00 p/p for a B2B cruise for summer of 2009. If we had not booked in October we would not have the mini-suite we wanted with friends and family in cabins next door. Merry Christmas to me and you!:)

Ranchette,

Is the price your paying now the same as whats on the internet?

Archived