Prices Keep Going Down

peedee3400

I got a "targeted" email this week from Princess for a"2 for 1". We are on a Med cruise in May and have 4 cabins. Saved almost $900 on OV; $1200 on Balcony & $$1700 on Mini. the other cabin is a suite & no savings there. Anyone else get this promo??

Well, for voicing our displeasure with the pricing policies, we did get an OBC of $100.00 to help ease the pain of no price decrease for us. I thought that was rather decent of Princess to do, considering it was after our final payment.., and that is their written policy :D maybe it was a christmas miracle.........

The price drops are all over their iteneraries. Because of a huge price drop on a European sailing, we just booked a mini-suite for a 12 day out of Rome in October 2009. Additionally, I am looking at another cruise during the summer with the kids. Some excellent bargains out there all the way around! Even booking straight with Princess bargains can be had!

The price drops are all over their iteneraries. Because of a huge price drop on a European sailing, we just booked a mini-suite for a 12 day out of Rome in October 2009. Additionally, I am looking at another cruise during the summer with the kids. Some excellent bargains out there all the way around! Even booking straight with Princess bargains can be had!

Hey Rich whats up??

I got a "targeted" email this week from Princess for a"2 for 1". We are on a Med cruise in May and have 4 cabins. Saved almost $900 on OV; $1200 on Balcony & $$1700 on Mini. the other cabin is a suite & no savings there. Anyone else get this promo??

I have heard that they may be doing "2 for 1" on Alaska sailings too... :D

We are fighting with Princess now after having made final. Our cruise went down by $600. Our friends who wife and I convinced to go on Princess are Diamond with RCL and they are pised because RCL does honor lowest price even after having made final payment. They had this happen to them on more than 1 occasion. Come on Princess, give us early bookers some comfort in knowing we are getting the best price. If they don't make a geniune effort, RCL here I come!

We are sailing on Jan 2, 2009. Booked through Princess and the price decreased twice before final payment and we saved over $600 and after final payment the prices went up again. We have an aft balcony.

Are you on the Grand? We have a nice roll call and a few activities planned. If you are, come check out the roll call.

Just upgraded from a balcony cabin to a minisuite on the Emerald in June for about $1100 less than original cost, plus $300 on board credit! I noticed that there are no AE and AD minis now on the Princess site - hoping for another upgrade before final!!!! Woohoo!:D

Sue

We are fighting with Princess now after having made final. Our cruise went down by $600. Our friends who wife and I convinced to go on Princess are Diamond with RCL and they are pised because RCL does honor lowest price even after having made final payment. They had this happen to them on more than 1 occasion. Come on Princess, give us early bookers some comfort in knowing we are getting the best price. If they don't make a geniune effort, RCL here I come!

So your friends want Princess to honor the price drop after final payment because RCI does?

Should I get a $1500 rebate if I buy a Honda because Ford is giving them?

Bill

;););)

Thank you, thank you, thank you Cruise Critic. Reading these boards has really paid off. We had a 15 day cruise on the Crown scheduled for June 09 for the Rome to London itinerary. After reading this post and then going to the Princess Web Site, I see that our cruise has gone down about $1000 per person for the mini suite. I have a call into my travel agent to get the reduced fare. I would have never even looked at the current prices if not for this web site.

Folks, I have read a fair number of comments with regard to diminution of prices, but I have been unable to ascertain any reductions in Caribbean cruises in which we would have an interest. For example, our mini suite

Emerald cruise in April and our AQ Celebrity December Equinox cruise have both increased in cost since our booking; hence, if any of y'all have any information in this regard we would be pleased to receive same. My assessment is that the majority of said diminutions in price occur in the cruises across the pond and in the cheaper cabins in domestice cruises.

Be Pro-Active! Check on-line including Princess.com for price reductions. Call your TA/Princess for cruise cost savngs. If you do receive a reduction - be sure to check your adjusted invoice. There just may be a Princess "add-on(s)" - due to a (promotion change cost) resulting in additional cost - such as + Princess Travel Insurance. etc. SeaFish

So your friends want Princess to honor the price drop after final payment because RCI does?

Should I get a $1500 rebate if I buy a Honda because Ford is giving them?

Bill

Yes u shld even though u only usually buy a car once in several yrs - u probably cruise much more often.

When another cruise co is offering a much better deal - do u really feel its good business practice for a cruise co to not do the same as another unless they really do not want those pax again? As a cruiser and a shareholder, I am concerned by this..

U wld be unusual if u didn't want the best deal u can get and go somewhere u can get it!!

If you are a past passenger, be sure to sign in as such on the princess web-site. We are sailing on the crown on march 1st. We are in a bb balcony cabin. The price of our cabin is over four hundred dollars per person less than non past passengers. It seems that the big breaks are going to past passengers. So be certain to take advantage of that status, if you have it.

If you are a past passenger, be sure to sign in as such on the princess web-site. We are sailing on the crown on march 1st. We are in a bb balcony cabin. The price of our cabin is over four hundred dollars per person less than non past passengers. It seems that the big breaks are going to past passengers. So be certain to take advantage of that status, if you have it.

I don't find that very much, when I log in the prices either stay the same or go up. :eek:

Yes u shld even though u only usually buy a car once in several yrs - u probably cruise much more often.

When another cruise co is offering a much better deal - do u really feel its good business practice for a cruise co to not do the same as another unless they really do not want those pax again? As a cruiser and a shareholder, I am concerned by this..

U wld be unusual if u didn't want the best deal u can get and go somewhere u can get it!!

Of course I want the best deal I can get. When I book, I know what I'm getting into regarding the booking policies.

So if I book and know that Princess' policy is not to discount the price any further after final payment I'm certainly not going to contact them after final payment and say, "RCI discounts after final payment so since my price dropped I want you to honor that also".

If I wanted the lower price after final payment i would just hold off on booking until closer to the sail date or I'd just book with RCI but they're usually more expensive.

Bill

I just assumed...but you know what they say about assuming! :D I guess it is just another one of those pros/cons issues. It would be nice if they did, but I won't dwell on it. When our cruises get that close, we are too excited to check the prices anyway!

I would be happy with an OBC or an upgrade after final payment. My price has already been reduced quite a bit. Since I have never ever had any kind of price reduction on any cruise after booking I consider this a bonus! I can't tell you about RCI's pricing policies, because on every single RCI cruise I have ever booked the price has only gone UP! That includes the one I currently have booked in September.:p

We have a cruisetour to Alaska, 3 cabins (1 mini-suite and 2 inside). I called our TA and saved $363 on the mini, but she said the price on the inside cabins was not dropped; however, we could upgrade to OV guaranty and we could save $830+ per cabin! For that savings, we'll take a chance on what we get!:)

You don't even have to be a past passenger. We'll probably book a cruise in March on the Ruby and I was checking Princess's prices on that one. When I logged in, the price dropped $500. I called them and she said since we are booked for Alaska, we got the discount.

I'm debating on whether to go ahead and book or wait until past final payment date to see if prices drop, but I think that probably with the Ruby during spring break, demand will be high enough that they won't drop prices significantly. But I've only been on one cruise, so I may be totally wrong about that!:rolleyes:

Just upgraded from a balcony cabin to a minisuite on the Emerald in June for about $1100 less than original cost, plus $300 on board credit! I noticed that there are no AE and AD minis now on the Princess site - hoping for another upgrade before final!!!! Woohoo!:D

Sue

Just had a similar experience on the Emerald--by switching from early July to the same itinerary on the cruise immediately prior to it, the price for an AD minisuite went down almost $900/pp plus an extra $150 OBC, through an online TA. THAT was nice!

Les

:DOur Internet cruise agent just got back to us regarding a fare reduction on our 15-day June 10th Crown cruise from Rome to London. We booked this cruise last May and locked in cabin E731. Our fare has been reduced by more than $1100 pp, which is approximately 27%. I must again thank Cruise Critic for alerting us to these priced reductions.

Archived