Safe to book return flight day of arrival?

MamaParrotHead

We're playing it safe and easy, and booking flight day before departure. But how about return flights? I really don't think I'll feel like putting off getting home til the next day. Are the ships usually true to their word about arrival times back in port? Our itenerary says we'll be back in Miami at 8:00 a.m., would that be time enough to catch a cab and make a 1:25 flight out of there? How much is a cab to the airport from port?

Thanks.

MamaParrothead,

As I watch the Iowa/Wisconsin game, (my DH is from Monticello), I will advise you to book something later than 11:45. Book your flight later in the day, after 4:00PM, if possible. Don't forget, there will not only be your party, but at least 2000 EXTRA people (1000 going home and 1000 arriving) at the airport. Cruise days can make any airport go wacko.

You don't want to end your cruise on a stressful note. If you need help finding reasonable air (not easy out of Iowa), email to greatam@earthlink.net with dates of your cruise. We are in the logisitics business, so booking people is no different than booking freight.

Archived