Anyone see the new Carnival commercial yet?

popcorngal

In looking at this commercial, I would swear that Royal Caribbean was the one who put it out there.

I can just imagine the absolute glee of all the head honchos at RCI seeing this CCL commercial......

when I grow up I want to be a Marketing Executive, so I can put together any stupid thing and get paid really well.

If you look at the marketing company website (Arnold Advertising), you can see that they have also done commercials for RCI.......

In looking at this commercial, I would swear that Royal Caribbean was the one who put it out there.

I can just imagine the absolute glee of all the head honchos at RCI seeing this CCL commercial......

when I grow up I want to be a Marketing Executive, so I can put together any stupid thing and get paid really well.

Isnt it a conflict of interest to represent two competing corporations??

Weird to me...

Isnt it a conflict of interest to represent two competing corporations??

Weird to me...

I was being sarcastic....I'm just trying to say that the commercial is SO horrid that it will likely make people who were debating on which line to cruise, to go with the old 'dun dun dun, da da dada da data dun dun dun' one.

I know I would.

The pinata commercial is likely good for Nestle and Hershey...it makes me crave candy :p

It would be except that RCCL no longer uses that company.

LOL, They probably presented a few loser ideas to RCI and RCI had the brains to say, "No thank you."

So...CCL picks them up :rolleyes:

They now use Carnival's old one.

*sigh*

It would be nice if RCI took Farcus from CCL

I was being sarcastic....I'm just trying to say that the commercial is SO horrid that it will likely make people who were debating on which line to cruise, to go with the old 'dun dun dun, da da dada da data dun dun dun' one.

I know I would.

The pinata commercial is likely good for Nestle and Hershey...it makes me crave candy :p

lol

You dont have a sarcastic bone in your body!

The commercial is bad!!

I see on Healds blog that he is really trying to convince the masses that this is a good commercial. It looks like he's the only one:rolleyes::D

It was almost painful reading him trying to defend it.

I agree - it's just not a good ad. Many of us who read John's blog or here know about the publicity stunts Carnival did and at least have a little background on why there was a pinata there. They don't make sense to anyone else. Shoot - they don't even make me want to book a cruise and I'm always looking for an excuse!

It was almost painful reading him trying to defend it.

I agree - it's just not a good ad. Many of us who read John's blog or here know about the publicity stunts Carnival did and at least have a little background on why there was a pinata there. They don't make sense to anyone else. Shoot - they don't even make me want to book a cruise and I'm always looking for an excuse!

He says today he will let us see the new commercial, hope Carnival doesn't drop the ball on this one too:D:cool::D

John mentioned we would see it today (Tuesday).....

But...

I can see it now....

A whole bunch of Special Effect Guys trying to get that darn HUGE BEACH BALL superimposed on a Cruise SHip, on an Ocean, with pretty people relaxing .. to the tune of Beyond the Sea!.

They should have filmed the Pinata in front of a green screen... so it could go anywhere!!;)

Catrin

Here's the link to the Dallas Beach Ball Commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUtWVmjoqyU

I like it better than the other one, but my opinion may be biased.

Me too!! At least the beach ball make you "think" beach....that could lead to cruising....:rolleyes:.

Not sure how the pinata gets us to cruising :confused:.....

Archived