Anyone see the new Carnival commercial yet?

popcorngal

If I were the CEO of Carnival (boy wouldn't that be an awesome job) I'd fire whoever is in charge of the advertisting deparment. Boy did they fail miserably with these new commercials. Not only did the filming of the commercial go miserably wrong but the final result was so far removed from an advertising commercial for their product. A wrecking ball, pinata and crowds of people standing in the streets of a big city do not bring cruising nor a connection to Carnival in any way. Sad, but they'd do better to bring the old Kathy Lee commercials back out to replace these new ones. Someone may be looking for a new job once they realize what a waste this was.

I think that only if you know Carnival and the Pinata thing would you know it was a Carnival commercial...I have seen it several times and when it came on last night I said to hubby, that is a Carnival commercial and he said, it is? I said yes...he had no clue until the end! That is not what you want when you are trying to "sell" your product...but perhaps there is more in the works but I would not want to be known for having the largest pinata, which is what the commercial seems more geared toward if you ask me. :)

Thanks!

Wow.. was a commercial for a cruise?? John did state it was a 'taster'.. so its not complete....but so far no good! Leads me to believe Carnival will have a wrecking ball to compete with RCCL rock climbing wall.. lol

Actually it has been released on tv and I saw it recently as a commercial. He should have taken a bigger taste of it since it's really not something that will bring cruising to mind. Even those of us here at CC that have heard about it and knew about how the commercial was made are having a hard time tieing it into a cruise commercial.

If I were the CEO of Carnival (boy wouldn't that be an awesome job) I'd fire whoever is in charge of the advertisting deparment. of a big city do not bring cruising nor a connection to Carnival in any way. Sad, but they'd do better to bring the old Kathy Lee commercials back out to replace these new ones. Someone may be looking for a new job once they realize what a waste this was.

I totally agree. This doesn't even make me think of a cruise. I also agree, that Kathy Lee commercials from way back are MUCH, MUCH, better.

If you could see me now, out on a funship cruise....at least cruising is mentioned with the cruise video to go with it!

Awful ad, very disappointing and definately not inviting to anyone wishing to cruise....tho most of us on here already have the demon cruise "bug" in our blood, :D

but for new cruisers....where's the incentive and attraction with such a bizarre ad ?! Just don't see it.....

Not impressed at all. When we went to Philly for the commercial shooting, the fun and cruise spirit was across the street from the pinata under the tents. A Jimmy Buffett style band, fruit smoothies, stilt walkers, food and dancers. And John Heald. This commercial has nothing to do with a Carnival Cruise!

This is from Arnold Advertising's website:

"In the “Piñata” spot, the Carnival Fun Team assembles the world’s largest piñata in Philadelphia. Members of the community wake up in the morning to discover the gigantic, colorful donkey measuring over six stories tall, standing near a busy street corner. Thousands of people begin gathering to help break open the piñata, and celebrate in the 8,000 pounds of candy that showers down from the massive burro. "

Am I only the only one who had to read this explanation to sorta understand the commercial? Still doesn't seem like a cruise commercial! Maybe the beach ball commercial will be better.

The new slogan is "All for Fun, Fun for All". I was at the Dallas shoot with the giant beach ball (photos in sig). The commercials are suppose to conjur up thoughts of FUN. I can't wait to see the one filmed here in Dallas.

Me too. :D

Fun day had by all without any crowd problems in Dallas.

Dumb commercial . . . wouldn't have even recognized it as such without the final logo splash . . . wasn't even entertaining. Don't understand why Heald's Blog says "the best commercial yet" ? :confused: I agree with another poster . . ."Beyond the Sea", Carnival, "Beyond the Sea". :rolleyes: (even if it isn't Bobby Darin)

Sorry Carnival. This wasn't a good commercial. I couldn't tie the pinata in with my wanting to take a cruise and the Carnival brand. I didn't even realize this was a Carnival commercial until the end.

Archived