want spectuacular ship

FAD

The next cruise might be my last, to the Caribbena, for a long time so I would like to go on a spectacular ship. Saw one on the travel channel (think it was Royal Caribbean) that had a main area several stories high and I vaguely remember a parade going thru with a “wind sock” type carnival figures. The area seemed to have lots of stores, lots of restaurants, it was glitzy.

Anyway ……. a ship to remember. Any suggestions (not Princess)?

The ship you most likely saw on the Travel Channel was RCCL's Freedom of the Seas. The windsock characters are part of the parades they hold on the Freedom class ships (Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, and Independence of the Seas). These ships also have ice skating rinks, mini golf, rock climbing, and the Flowrider.

Depending on when you want to sail, the Oasis of the Seas will have even more features than the Freedom class. Her first sailing is in December 2009.

Huge ship? Oasis of the sea is the bggest out there.

Voyager and Freedom class have two parades each week.

--

Looking for a nice ship without traveling-- Carnival Pride is moving to Baltimore-- you can cruise more cheaply.

No matter what ship you pick you can make it as spectcular as you want it to be

The most spectacularly beautiful ship I have sailed is Celebrity's Solstice. Her sister ship Equinox launches late in 2009. While it is truly elegant, it may not be the most "fun ship" for your tatse.

The most fun ships I have sailed, while still very beautiful too, are the Freedom Class ships of Royal Caribbean, Freedom, Independence and Liberty. They have ice skating, prominade parades and parties, disco, the best gyms at sea, the highest rock-climbing walls, the Flow-Rider, putt-putt golf, etc and so on.

Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas launches late in 2009. It will be the biggest cruise ship in the world and filled with unique shipboard amenities such as a zipline and a carrousel. Royal Caribbean's three Freedom-Class ships are the largest cruiseships in the world now.

• Administrators
The most spectacularly beautiful ship I have sailed is Celebrity's Solstice. Her sister ship Equinox launches late in 2009. While it is truly elegant, it may not be the most "fun ship" for your tatse.

The most fun ships I have sailed, while still very beautiful too, are the Freedom Class ships of Royal Caribbean, Freedom, Independence and Liberty. They have ice skating, prominade parades and parties, disco, the best gyms at sea, the highest rock-climbing walls, the Flow-Rider, putt-putt golf, etc and so on.

Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas launches late in 2009. It will be the biggest cruise ship in the world and filled with unique shipboard amenities such as a zipline and a carrousel. Royal Caribbean's three Freedom-Class ships are the largest cruiseships in the world now.

And, to the OP, those are all so large I wouldn't consider them as acceptable, let alone "spectacular." Perhaps the OP needs to do a bit more definition of what he/she wants in a cruise?

And, to the OP, those are all so large I wouldn't consider them as acceptable, let alone "spectacular." Perhaps the OP needs to do a bit more definition of what he/she wants in a cruise?

My thought exactly. The Oasis wouldn't be what I consider spectacular. Just a huge city on water with masses of people. For me spectacular would be a smaller ship with the best service. food and interesting but not too busy itinerary. So what really is the OP looking for? Just the glitz and noise?

Actually yes glitzy and noise sounds good to me. My last two cruises were on the Crown Princess and Celebrity’s Infinity. Both were beautiful elegant ships with exceptional service and wonderful food and I enjoyed them at the time. But now I want busy so, thanks to all your good information, I am going to look at the cruises on the Freedom ships.

My thought exactly. The Oasis wouldn't be what I consider spectacular. Just a huge city on water with masses of people. For me spectacular would be a smaller ship with the best service. food and interesting but not too busy itinerary. So what really is the OP looking for? Just the glitz and noise?

MichellP, you have been on Solstice and didn't consider it to be spectacular?

• Administrators
MichellP, you have been on Solstice and didn't consider it to be spectacular?

I actually wasn't intending to include the Solstice in my comment; she's a trip I'd like to try at some point (and at the upper end of my personal preference for number of passengers). I was more referring to the Freedom class ships. I'm sure for many (as for the OP) they are "spectacular," as in large scale, a "spectacle," a "sight to see." They just wouldn't be "spectacular" to me -- but since glitz, noise, and busy is what the OP was seeking, I'm glad they received good advice here. :)

The most spectacularly beautiful ship I have sailed is Celebrity's Solstice. .

That was going to be my suggestion. I have heard the Soltice sets new marks for new cruiseships and is truly a sight to behold. Havent been on her .... yet.

Any of the Voyager and above class ships of RCL will have the promenade and the parades you mentioned. I love these ships too.

Archived