Celebrity Summit

creativitycounts

Go the the ports of call board for each of your stops. There will be tons of info there for you.

If you are only using ship excursions, the costs will add up quickly. Some of the things you might want to do can be done on your own. Have done all but Tobago on our own. Research the island and pick out what you want to do. Then see if you can cab it or do a private tour. You can get lots of info on the port boards I mentioned and also there are a couple really good ports of call books that will guide and help you do the islands on your own. We have found we can see and do a lot more on our own and not be shuttled around with groups of people to places we might have no interest in.

WE WENT WITH MARTIN WITH BUMPIING TOURS (LEVI BARON CONTACT PERSON) AND LOVED IT. GO TO THEIR WEBSITE AND THEY HAVE MANY DIFFERENT OPTIONS. WE DID THE ROSEAU VALLEY TREASURES WITH CHAMPAGNE BEACH ADD ON. GREAT. WE GOT HUNGRY AT LUNCH TIME AND MARTIN CALLED AHEAD AND HAD SANDWICHES READY TO PICK UP BETWEEN STOPS, NICE EXTRA TOUCH. YOU CAN ALSO BOOK ONLINE A LOT CHEAPER THAN WITH THE CRUISE LINE. YES THEY WLL GET YOU BACK ON TIME. WHEN I EMAILED THEM THEY RESPONDED QUICKLY AND WE DID NOT HAVE TO SEND A DEPOSIT, PAY AFTER THE TOUR. THEIR WEBSITE IS WWW.BUMPIINGTOURS.COM . YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED. ENJOY YOUR CRUISE.

WE WENT WITH MARTIN WITH BUMPIING TOURS (LEVI BARON CONTACT PERSON) AND LOVED IT. GO TO THEIR WEBSITE AND THEY HAVE MANY DIFFERENT OPTIONS. WE DID THE ROSEAU VALLEY TREASURES WITH CHAMPAGNE BEACH ADD ON. GREAT. WE GOT HUNGRY AT LUNCH TIME AND MARTIN CALLED AHEAD AND HAD SANDWICHES READY TO PICK UP BETWEEN STOPS, NICE EXTRA TOUCH. YOU CAN ALSO BOOK ONLINE A LOT CHEAPER THAN WITH THE CRUISE LINE. YES THEY WLL GET YOU BACK ON TIME. WHEN I EMAILED THEM THEY RESPONDED QUICKLY AND WE DID NOT HAVE TO SEND A DEPOSIT, PAY AFTER THE TOUR. THEIR WEBSITE IS WWW.BUMPIINGTOURS.COM . YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED. ENJOY YOUR CRUISE.

Cecil,

Thanks for this info. We have Levi booked for the same tour. Nice to hear it went well.

Just sailed on the Summit last week (12/20 - 27). In St. Maarten, some of us did the St. Maarten Natural Tour and others went to Orient Beach.

On Dominica, we booked a private tour with Beno (www.benonaturetours.com - I think) and it was absolutely wonderful.

On Grenada, some of us went to the beach while others toured the island.

On Bonaire, my son and I did the Mangrove Kayaking - another great thing to do. Others toured the island.

On Aruba, we were supposed to go on the Jolly Pirates (booked privately) but it was raining so hard that morning, we decided not to go.

Have fun!

lcmslady,

thanks for the recommendation on Bonaire's mangrove kayaking. that is on my list. you never know how the ship excursions will go.

I'll check on some of the others listed. it's nice to get recent reports.

michelle

We are using Silver Moon for snorkeling in Barbados and Bernard's Tours in St. Maarten...haven't decided on anything for the other ports. These two have gotten good reviews on the ports of call boards. We used Reyno in Dominica a couple of years ago and we were the only ones on that tour. We sat around for almost an hour while they tried to get some other people...we were not happy about that!

We are using Silver Moon for snorkeling in Barbados and Bernard's Tours in St. Maarten...haven't decided on anything for the other ports. These two have gotten good reviews on the ports of call boards. We used Reyno in Dominica a couple of years ago and we were the only ones on that tour. We sat around for almost an hour while they tried to get some other people...we were not happy about that!

Reminder: this sailing does not got to Bonaire and Aruba, but to Tobago and Barbados.

Booked with Silver Moon in Barbardos after many recommendations. There will be 2 ships in port so many people. Had to take the 24-man catamaran instead of the 12-man. It was $90 per person for five hours including lunch, snorkeling, and drinks. I'm excited.

Linda and Charles:)

Sailing out of San Juan on April 4--any suggestions for good shore excursions out of: Dominica, Barbados, Grenada, and Tobago?:)

We're on Summit 1/10. Our itinerary is a little different from yours. We're booked with bumpiing tours for Dominica, the Roseau Valley Best tour, which includes a hike to Middleham Falls, Titou Gorge, a couple of other places, and we've added a snorkel stop at Champagne Reef. On Grenada, we've booked the Northern Route tour with Mandoo (mandoo@grenadatours.com). We've toured with Mandoo before, and are looking forward to spending our day with him again this time. We've been to Barbados multiple times. Among other things, we've used Glory Tours for a land tour, we've walked off and gotten a cab to take us on an island tour, we've snorkeled on our own at Folkstone, and we've used both Thriller and Silvermoon for snorkeling trips. These are all good options. If you really want a terrific day on a catamaran, Silvermoon can't be beat. We thought it was a lot better than Thriller.

Just sailed on the Summit last week (12/20 - 27).

Hi lcmslady:

Would you still have a list of some of the senior officers for Summit for the Who's On Board list?

WhoIsOnBoard.jpg

Celebrity Summit

Master – Yannis Berdos

Staff Captain – George Iatrov

Chief Engineer- Georgios Dimitriov

Hotel Director – Yiovana Athaunasious

Cruise Director – Rich Clesen

F & B Manager – Craig Dauphinee

CC Hostess- Tanushka D’souza

Acappella - Boomers

Sorry this is all I have hope this helps a little.

Laura

Thanks Laura. I'll try to update Summit's Cast of Characters this week.

I was just on the Summit a week ago and loved it! :)

By any chance does anyone know the names of the members of the Boomers? Or where I could find all of their names? I know Ryan and Bradford (but no last names), and if anyone has the others names and last names of the guys, that would be FANTASTIC! :)

I was just on the Summit a week ago and loved it! :)

By any chance does anyone know the names of the members of the Boomers? Or where I could find all of their names? I know Ryan and Bradford (but no last names), and if anyone has the others names and last names of the guys, that would be FANTASTIC! :)

No, sorry I do not. I also wanted to welcome you to cruise critic. I saw this was your very first post. Maybe someone else can help you with your question.

Laura

Archived