TO DKRetired, Finely and other "oldies"

barbon2

Andy, I did not know it was you who hosted the chat. I went a couple of times, but I am such a crummy typer it is easier for me this way when I can at least make some corrections.

Hi FinelyCruising !

Yes, I was one of the Cruise Critic Chat Room Hosts, for several years on AOL. While many of the AOL Hosts have moved on to other things, Host Star and Host Mama (whom are still with CC) also hosted AOL Cruise Critic Chats. We sure had some great times back then. Fortunately, many of us still get together on AOL, on a regular basis. While the format has changed over the years, the friendships have remained !

Andy, is Host Star Simi? Have not "seen her" in a while. Of course, some of the original AOL chat members moved on to their own cruise web site, which I shall not name on these boards.

I still laugh when I think about the threads with Me, Mel, the Century and onions :)

Oh well, the good old days.

Barbara

Andy, is Host Star Simi? Have not "seen her" in a while. Of course, some of the original AOL chat members moved on to their own cruise web site, which I shall not name on these boards.

I still laugh when I think about the threads with Me, Mel, the Century and onions :)

Oh well, the good old days.

Barbara

Barbara:

How about Mel, the Century and the female items sold openly...

Good morning,

Well, I don't go back as far as the Santa Maria with Don, FC, and that gang, but have been around since the Infopoop days. Like many others, there have been hundreds of posts removed from my post count, so that is not a valid number. Also, I am a daily poster on the Floataway lounge (most of the time with cruise related info), and those don't count.

I am very fortunate that, when I first came around, folks like Ocngypz became my role models. I remember deliberately reading whatever it was when I saw her name. Thanks to the selfless time and effort and patience of her, Don, FC, and many others, our enjoyment of cruising has been tremendously enhanced. I still marvel at how many times the oldtimers would patiently address the same issues over and over, realizing that many newcomers didn't know how to search etc.

In appreciation of the help we have been given and in the spirit of these boards, we have tried to assist others. I read the boards every day and try to add useful (but not redundant) comments.

I miss some of those crazier times too, but realize that we sort of got out of hand with the foolishness, and the moderators understandably had to rein us in a bit.

But, wow, we sure had fun. Still do:).

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

I too remember some posters who kept things lively...I can't remember her name but she had the BBQ place with her husband. Poor chap passed away at a young age working his behind off, but she was a lively one for sure.

Didn't she call herself "BossHog"?

Aw, for the good old days of posts being deleted, "discussions" and just good old fashioned disagreements.

ooh, yeah! I remember Brett something-or-other, and Ninafromct! They could really heat up a thread!:D

Good morning,

Well, I don't go back as far as the Santa Maria with Don, FC, and that gang, but have been around since the Infopoop days. Like many others, there have been hundreds of posts removed from my post count, so that is not a valid number. Also, I am a daily poster on the Floataway lounge (most of the time with cruise related info), and those don't count.

I am very fortunate that, when I first came around, folks like Ocngypz became my role models. I remember deliberately reading whatever it was when I saw her name. Thanks to the selfless time and effort and patience of her, Don, FC, and many others, our enjoyment of cruising has been tremendously enhanced. I still marvel at how many times the oldtimers would patiently address the same issues over and over, realizing that many newcomers didn't know how to search etc.

In appreciation of the help we have been given and in the spirit of these boards, we have tried to assist others. I read the boards every day and try to add useful (but not redundant) comments.

I miss some of those crazier times too, but realize that we sort of got out of hand with the foolishness, and the moderators understandably had to rein us in a bit.

But, wow, we sure had fun. Still do:).

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

WVU:

Your comments on Floataway lounge remind of the old board Cruise Potpourri, two words I think that made the moderators shudder.....Thanks for the kind comments and I agree that Babette is the best...

Cruise Potpourri!!! I remember that now! I must be missing a lot of data in the memory chip. I wonder what else I don't remember.:o

I do remember when members who were on a thread were visible at the bottom of the thread with their screen names.

I really liked it when the names were at the bottom of the thread. It was a great deal of fun to know if those you'd met (or gotten to know) were online when you were.:)

Gosh, I remember Parnami, Don, LoisR, Newt and Danno from the old AOL days. :eek: I mostly post on the CCL board now, but I can't remember how many previous posts I've lost. Seems to me I've lost my posts twice - once converting off AOL & once on an upgrade (used to be just "patrice", not "patrice1", :rolleyes:).

And I do remember the "fire" icon for "hot", :D;).

Barbara:

How about Mel, the Century and the female items sold openly...

Oh wow, I had been reading this thread quietly and happily reminiscing about the AOL boards and the good old days, but this one made me literally laugh out loud. Oh boy, do I remember that debacle - Parnami was always good for a laugh.

Have changed sns a few times since then, but not my love of Celebrity. Lurk a lot more too. Miss those AOL boards and how everyone seemed like such a close-knit group, but times change and things always get bigger and better. ;)

Archived