Mini Suite on a 1 night....worth it????

travel_lover

We were looking to do a 1night the end of January but all the is available is Mini Suites and Suites....The Mini Suite with two people comes to about 600 for the 1night for the two people....do you think that's worth it? Why or why not? Please explain your opinion...thank you in advance.

For one night, the cabin will matter very little. You will spend so little time in it. I know some people book bigger suites and then party in them. Mini suite is basically an oversized balcony.

I think $600 for a night on the town is a big high. Just my two cents worth.

I booked a mini suite for the first one night cruise I did on the Dawn in NYC. The reason like your situation the only thing available. As you know it is still a bargain compared to a night on the town in NYC. That is how I justified it. Hotel room with balcony in NYC (if you can find one) $300-$400. 3 meals for two in NYC on at a fancy restaurant $300. Show even off Broadway $100. Late night comedy show $100. Drinks 2X the ships prices.

See you are saving money booking the mini suite :D

The reason the insides and outsides and balconies go first on one-nighters is they are a better deal... I am certainly less reluctant to spend 99 pp for an inside than 299 pp for a mini suite on a one-nighter. You wont really spend much time in your cabin on a one nighter...

If those prices are too high for you at this time, don't forget there are one-nighters on April 30 in NYC on the Dawn for which there are still inside cabins available...

The reason the insides and outsides and balconies go first on one-nighters is they are a better deal... I am certainly less reluctant to spend 99 pp for an inside than 299 pp for a mini suite on a one-nighter. You wont really spend much time in your cabin on a one nighter...

If those prices are too high for you at this time, don't forget there are one-nighters on April 30 in NYC on the Dawn for which there are still inside cabins available...

We wanted to actually do that one night as well in April but we have a early flight to Los Angeles May1st.

I have to say, an inside cabin for a 1 night cruise would be my choice. We booked a balcony cabin on a two night cruise last May on Princess (San Francisco to Vancouver). There were no inside or OV cabins available so grabbed a nice midship balcony. I kept checking the prices and was able to upgrade to a mini for the same price as we paid for the balcony. So, first time in a mini-suite! Sweet!!! OK...not really that big of a deal, though. They don't really pull out all the stops for these short cruises. We booked with a group of friends (all couples, no kids) and met up for sail away on one of the balconies in the regular room. After that, we were out and about and really didn't use the balcony one more time during the entire cruise. It was a bit too cold to sit out there and didn't want to miss out on doing stuff around the ship, anyhow.

We are kind of glad our first experience with a mini suite wasn't that big of a deal as we might be hooked and not be able to go back to anything less. To me, the one and two nighters would be equally as fun in an inside or OV --certainly not enough luggage or stuff that you could bring or buy to make the room feel crowded. Plus, the luxiousness of a mini-suite was lost as the room stewards were too busy to really get everything in shape for the new passengers. There were no robes, no new toiletries and champagne wasn't ready for when we boarded. I thought it would be special but it was really no more special than just being on the ship!! So, wouldn't ever spend the extra for one night....Hope this helps.

I have to say, an inside cabin for a 1 night cruise would be my choice. We booked a balcony cabin on a two night cruise last May on Princess (San Francisco to Vancouver). There were no inside or OV cabins available so grabbed a nice midship balcony. I kept checking the prices and was able to upgrade to a mini for the same price as we paid for the balcony. So, first time in a mini-suite! Sweet!!! OK...not really that big of a deal, though. They don't really pull out all the stops for these short cruises. We booked with a group of friends (all couples, no kids) and met up for sail away on one of the balconies in the regular room. After that, we were out and about and really didn't use the balcony one more time during the entire cruise. It was a bit too cold to sit out there and didn't want to miss out on doing stuff around the ship, anyhow.

We are kind of glad our first experience with a mini suite wasn't that big of a deal as we might be hooked and not be able to go back to anything less. To me, the one and two nighters would be equally as fun in an inside or OV --certainly not enough luggage or stuff that you could bring or buy to make the room feel crowded. Plus, the luxiousness of a mini-suite was lost as the room stewards were too busy to really get everything in shape for the new passengers. There were no robes, no new toiletries and champagne wasn't ready for when we boarded. I thought it would be special but it was really no more special than just being on the ship!! So, wouldn't ever spend the extra for one night....Hope this helps.

Yeah I really wish insides were available for the 1night...I guess we just won't be booking. Thank you so much for your input.

Archived