Good problem

CMDE

I know this is a good problem to have, but it is stressing me out a bit, and I am going on a 2 week cruise in less than 3 weeks.

I have lost 45 pounds since the summer and none of my summer clothes fit me. The cruise I am going on will be very hot (Panama Canal). I went out shopping today and although I found a lot of nice things, nothing was suitable for summer.

I am going to be in Fort Lauderdale for 2 days before the cruise, and I am thinking about just binge shopping there. Would you be comfortable doing that? We are staying near the Galleria Mall.

I was also thinking about getting just some basic stuff from the Sear's catalogue (capris and stuff), and going out right after New Year's to get at least one formal dress.

Have you ever been in this situation? Is it too stressful to leave all the shopping to just before I go?

Congrats on the weight loss!!!

For me it would be to stressful! There are many times that I've gone shopping and not found what I needed/wanted. I would try to get a few basic easy to match pieces and one dress I like alot. That way you can pick up a few things if you find them when you are in FT Lauderdale. It would be terrible to get to FT L and not find anything you liked.

Kelly

I know this is a good problem to have, but it is stressing me out a bit, and I am going on a 2 week cruise in less than 3 weeks.

I have lost 45 pounds since the summer and none of my summer clothes fit me. The cruise I am going on will be very hot (Panama Canal). I went out shopping today and although I found a lot of nice things, nothing was suitable for summer.

I am going to be in Fort Lauderdale for 2 days before the cruise, and I am thinking about just binge shopping there. Would you be comfortable doing that? We are staying near the Galleria Mall.

I was also thinking about getting just some basic stuff from the Sear's catalogue (capris and stuff), and going out right after New Year's to get at least one formal dress.

Have you ever been in this situation? Is it too stressful to leave all the shopping to just before I go?

Hi, congratulations on the weight loss:):D....and no I have

not been in that situation but you could look at it as a wonderful

adventure.:) The Galleria has some very nice stores!!!

Also, if you want to travel west a bit you could hit Sawgrass

Mills, which is a gigantic mall as well.

I am sure some of the other folks on here will chime in too.

Again, a big congrats to you and have a marvelous cruise!!!:)

As long as you have a full day to shop I would not find it stressful but fun and a well deserved gift for yourself! I would shop for formals before leaving home because of possibe hem alterations.

Another thought, if you have capris that you really like they can be taken in. I some time ago lost about 30 pounds and I had dress capri's that I really liked. A seamstress was able to take them in. Now ths means all over , the butt and the waist but an option to consider.

Bathing suits and tee shirts, Victoria Secret still has a good on-line inventory. Shoot, you lost 45 pounds, you must have a VS baithsuit to bring! BTW VS bathingsuits run large and you should purchase one size smaller than what you normally wear.

Congrats on the weight loss!

If I were in your situation, what I'd do is shop online now for basics and "must-haves". "Hard pieces" like pants, skirts, or shorts may need some alterations, so get them now in basic/classic colors. Also, a swim suit can be tough in fit, so again, I'd make sure you have one you like. Get the basics covered. And then anything that wasn't tailored, like tee's and tops, leave the tags on in case you find something you like better, so you can return it after the cruise.

Once you're in Ft. Lauderdale, head to Galleria Mall - where there is an abundance of stores of all price points and then shop there for the other things. If you have the basics covered, you won't feel pressured to buy something you need but don't really love.

Have a wonderful cruise!

I would be completely stressed out "having" to find things in one day before my cruise, I don't shop well that way. I'd shop online before I left. You could always go to the mall to pick out a few special things, but you'd know you have some things packed in your suitcase incase you dont' find what you want there.

As long as I had a few pieces already, I'd be comfortable doing that scenario.

But, I have to have things washed or dry cleaned before wearing them for the first time. I cannot stand wearing new clothes, they are too stiff with sizing and the fact that many others may have tried them on gives me the willies. Even in the dressing room...I wear a cami top when shopping and never, ever take off my underwear. I change clothes as soon as I get home from shopping, too!

Thank goodness there is laundry/dry cleaning available onboard cruise ships :)

Thanks for everybody's advice. I decided, after reading the comments, that it WOULD be too stressful to go with nothing, so I made another shopping trip out tonight and found some capris and nice golf shirts at Land's End that will work as basic daytime pieces. I am going to keep looking, but it is possible to find some summer clothes in the middle of winter - I feel quite encouraged!

Still have to tackle the formal part, but that's another shopping trip in itself.

Thanks again.

and made a kill. I rarely shop there tho, but they have lots of nice formalish attire on discount. I'm a semi-plus gal. Also I have great luck in the Dillards Woman. I have lots of basic bottom things and love camis with toppers. All sizes, so what ever fits me and my wallet, I go for. Good luck

Archived