Please vote for your favorite FOOD at a NCL specialty restaurant

Silverspoon

Your favorite food comes from which NCL speciality restaurant?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite food comes from which NCL speciality restaurant?

• Le Bistro (French)
    • Cagney's (Steakhouse)
    • Mambo's (Tapas & Tex-Mex)
    • Lotus Garden (Asian sit-down menu)
    • La Cucina (Italian)
    • Sushi/Sashimi Bar inside Lotus Garden
    • Hibachi grill (chop-chop) inside Lotus Garden

• Administrators
Ohhhh...this is very interesting. Not really what I expected.

Anyone else care to vote. It might help other decide where to spend their $$$.

Of course, food is totally subjective!:D

Well, since you did limit the poll just to the food itself, it really is more of a subjective referendum on what types of food people like best, I think? For example, the Asian venue might have the "best" food, but if the voter doesn't care for Asian cuisine, they won't have tried it or be voting for it. Sushi is also very individual -- we think the sushi experience on NCL is good quality sushi for a great price, but anyone who thinks "sushi = bait" isn't going to be voting for that! :D We have outstanding steakhouses here in our hometown, and Cagney's would be in the middle tier of them, so it's not our favorite NCL venue -- but it's definitely good.

We've tried them all, and have voted for our favorite on your poll (won't say which one). Hope you get useful information from the results. :)

There is a dish at Le Bistro I love -- the braised short ribs. They are falling off the bone tender. They come w/ a "filet mignon" which is in quotes b/c it's practically inedible, it's such a bad cut of meat. One of the chefs told me to just order 2 servings of ribs . . . yummy. :)

Cagneys is just OK. It's not real steak house quality steak IMHO but I'm comparing it to Peter Lugars & others in that range. No comparison. I can tell you not to order the lamb -- it was inedible. Even though they bring you a gigantic steak knife I couldn't cut the chop. It was seasoned to perfection & the temp -- medium rare was right on.

La Cucina was so underwhelming IMHO. We ate there when it was included. Now that there's a charge, I'd never go back.

A hibatchi grill is a hibatchi grill. It was amusing to watch the chefs do the tricks on a moving ship but other than that it was just a hibatchi grill.

We don't like sushi so I can't help you there. The Mexican place was OK but I certianly wouldn't pay extra for it.

Well, it's been 7 months since our cruise and the meal I remember the most was Le Bistro. Food was good and not something I can find at any restaurant at home. I bought the Romance Package for our next cruise and that includes a dinner at Le Bistro. I'm already drooling over it. We were the most disappointed in Cagneys food. My prime rib was a beautiful cut, nicely plated - with absolutely no flavor! Certainly not worth the extra charge.

I too liked the food at Le Bistro. It was a pleasnt dining experience and the food was terrific.

The Hibachi Grill was a lot of fun and I thought the food there was very good too but if I get one vote, It's LeBistro.

All the beef dishes at Cagneys are excellent as well as the Cagney fries (truffle oil involved). Osso bucco and the chocolate torte at La Cucina are decadent. The chocolate souffle they used to serve at Le Bistro was the best dessert my DH and I ever ate as well as their chateaubriand. Both were eliminated with Freestyle 2.0. Hope Freestyle 3.0 will bring them back. The sushi is fantastic if you like sushi.

Overall, the free restaraunts are really mediocre, with the exception of the buffet which is really good. It's worth the $$ to go to the specialty restaraunts and have a terrific meal if food is an important element of a cruise experience to you. A large group of us travelled together on the Pearl in Sept. and this was the consensus of opinion, not just my own. But, as other posters have said before, food is subjective. Frozen pizza tastes just fine to some people.

My favorites: (in this order)

#1 - Mambos - loved the fahitas, loved the BBQ Ribs, loved the Berry desert, loved the big tower of meat and vegis (cant remember what ist called, on the iron thing). My hubby got fish there and loved it.

#2 - Cagneys - loved the Steak and Eggs for breakfast. The fruit plates and the hand squeezed OJ were amazing. For dinner, the steak was great, but I really remember the apple pie desert.

#3 - Buffet - I love all the stations on the Pearl. ALL the food I tried was awesome, but I remember the skirt steak the most. Believe it or not, grilled to perfection and the most tender piece of meat Ive eaten on a cruise ship. It was fantastic. The burgers are great, the french fries were always hot and crispy and the grilled chicken was soooo moist. I loved it all! Salad station could use a bit of help though!

#4 - LaCucina - They had the best marinara sauce ever! The ravioli was amazing! Loved it.

Went to Mambos and Cagneys twice on my 10 day cruise.

SHOULD I EVEN MENTION THE CHOCOHOLIC BUFFET?????? YUMMO!!!!

I seriously have pictures of most of this food. I took a picture of everything I ate...anyone want to see it...I can post later tonight when i get home. Name your dish!

My favorites: (in this order)

#1 - Mambos - loved the fahitas, loved the BBQ Ribs, loved the Berry desert, loved the big tower of meat and vegis (cant remember what ist called, on the iron thing). My hubby got fish there and loved it.

#2 - Cagneys - loved the Steak and Eggs for breakfast. The fruit plates and the hand squeezed OJ were amazing. For dinner, the steak was great, but I really remember the apple pie desert.

#3 - Buffet - I love all the stations on the Pearl. ALL the food I tried was awesome, but I remember the skirt steak the most. Believe it or not, grilled to perfection and the most tender piece of meat Ive eaten on a cruise ship. It was fantastic. The burgers are great, the french fries were always hot and crispy and the grilled chicken was soooo moist. I loved it all! Salad station could use a bit of help though!

#4 - LaCucina - They had the best marinara sauce ever! The ravioli was amazing! Loved it.

Went to Mambos and Cagneys twice on my 10 day cruise.

SHOULD I EVEN MENTION THE CHOCOHOLIC BUFFET?????? YUMMO!!!!

I seriously have pictures of most of this food. I took a picture of everything I ate...anyone want to see it...I can post later tonight when i get home. Name your dish!

I would love to see them since I am new to NCL this could be fun...

you pick whatever you want to load it will all be new to me.

Thanks,

Patty

The best food on NCL isn't on the poll list. That's Il Adagio, the Italian on the Sun. This is in a different league altogether from the Italian on the Dawn (Impressions), which was my most recent experience. I hope that Il Adagio never stoops as low as pizza and pasta. It's real Italian food.

[/color]

Thanks,

Patty

OK...will do when I get home, unless I can find them from my roll call from 2007. Im sort of bored at work today anyway. Stay tuned!

[/color]

Thanks,

Patty

You want pictures of NCL food. 3 pages from the Jade. Same menu

http://jade08.sellie.de/Food/thumbpage0.html

The best food on NCL isn't on the poll list. That's Il Adagio, the Italian on the Sun. This is in a different league altogether from the Italian on the Dawn (Impressions), which was my most recent experience. I hope that Il Adagio never stoops as low as pizza and pasta. It's real Italian food.

I agree 100% best meal and service I ever had on an NCL ship.

Well I thought I had to loose weight from the holidays what is that going to do to me?:rolleyes:

When is the Choc-Buffet? At night? That is awesome if for nothing else to look at.

Thank you that was sweet of you, you must have had a lot of chocolate...LOL!!!:D

Smiles,

Patty

Archived