Obstructed Staterooms

jell

• 2 weeks later...

This is interesting!! We have just booked 6300, we were told when booking it was obstructed and are quite happy with this.

My Q now would be, is this an in hull cabin? I understood it was not a clear balcony , but a metal one with a hole for us to pop our heads out? Am i right? HAs anyone stayed in this cabin????

6300 is a B2 which makes it a sheltered (in-hull) balcony. Meaning it has no view when you are seated. It's still quite airy and bright. I have always had sheltered balconies on decks 4&5 and they would be the same as yours. Obstructed means deck 8 where the boats are in front of your balcony.

This is interesting!! We have just booked 6300, we were told when booking it was obstructed and are quite happy with this.

My Q now would be, is this an in hull cabin? I understood it was not a clear balcony , but a metal one with a hole for us to pop our heads out? Am i right? HAs anyone stayed in this cabin????

From the deck plans it seems to be a hull balcony cabin and yes, it has a metal frame on the balcony with a large opening. Our last cabin was a hull cabin and we just loved it.

:confused:Have tried to post this before but ended up in a discussion on ballgowns! Really, I am anxious to know if anyone has experience of cabin 5130 on QV.We have booked the Christmas cruise - didn't have the full brochure at the time - and accepted the TA's advice on this cabin. Now find it is obstructed view which was not mentioned and is not what we expected. The TA claim the obstruction is minor, but Cunard say it could be as much as 90%, though they could not specify on our exact cabin. Any information or advice would be appreciated.

Pat

:confused:Have tried to post this before but ended up in a discussion on ballgowns! Really, I am anxious to know if anyone has experience of cabin 5130 on QV.We have booked the Christmas cruise - didn't have the full brochure at the time - and accepted the TA's advice on this cabin. Now find it is obstructed view which was not mentioned and is not what we expected. The TA claim the obstruction is minor, but Cunard say it could be as much as 90%, though they could not specify on our exact cabin. Any information or advice would be appreciated.

Pat

According to the deck plan on Cunard's website, 5130 is partially obstructed by lifeboats.

http://www.cunard.co.uk/QV_2009_Flash/QV_Full.html

It's always best to check the deck plans on Cunard's website before booking if possible.

According to the deck plan on Cunard's website, 5130 is partially obstructed by lifeboats.

http://www.cunard.co.uk/QV_2009_Flash/QV_Full.html

It's always best to check the deck plans on Cunard's website before booking if possible.

The lifeboats are on deck 4, so surely it can be only the lifting gear or at worse the top of the lifeboats

:) Thankyou Ray66 and OVCruisers for your replies. Having checked as far as we can, we have decided to change the cabin rather than feel worried about it for the next 11 months! Apparently, about 10 to 12 inches of the tops of the lifeboats would show plus, possibly, some of the gantry ( if that's the right word). It costs, but I feel better about it!

Archived