Need you help! Have cruised Mex. Riviera MANY times.....

klfhngr

over 15 to be exact... Well, we're going back again in April... Can you give us some suggestions as to what we can do, that's different??? We've snorkeled, horsebacked, atv'd, jet ski'd, canopied, hoteled, beached, shopped, toured, drank, etc..... Any other suggestions???? Thanks in advance!

Have played golf... Thought about staying on ship.... Thinking about doing Alaska, but we love the sun.. I speak the native tongue, so I've been everywhere... Usually do our own tours/touring.... I do appreciate the feedback, so all suggestions are appreciated..

:)If youv'e been so many times could you please give some must do suggestions...For the first time I will be going to Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta in April with hubby and 17yr old daughter...have been to the Caribbean multiple times but never to this area...any thoughts would be sooooo appreciated! Thanks!!!!

Marie

We too are left coasters and have done the MR many times. We are doing a Whodunit murder mystery in April on the Mariner. This will add some fun and additional entertainment to this cruise. We like cruising and if we can find some extra entertainment we book it.

I'd be interested in suggestions too! We'll be taking our first cruise to the Mexican Riviera in July on the Mariner. We like to snorkel and sail, but aren't too into just hanging around on a beach all day. We also like to golf but I'm not sure how hot it would be trying to play down there in the summer.

over 15 to be exact... Well, we're going back again in April... Can you give us some suggestions as to what we can do, that's different??? We've snorkeled, horsebacked, atv'd, jet ski'd, canopied, hoteled, beached, shopped, toured, drank, etc..... Any other suggestions???? Thanks in advance!

Kayaked out to Lover's Beach? I've done it twice - may do it again in April. But then, you're not on MY cruise.:p Mountain biking in PV? (I loved it - another woman started to sweat and gave up). I did the Cabo Canopy tour with RC last month. That was fun, and the guides were cute young guys. Not that that would entice YOU, I'm sure...

Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson...:D

Go north, young man. Change itineraries and go to Alaska!:D

I second that. And take one out of Vancouver, not Seattle, so I can bug you.:D

Have played golf... Thought about staying on ship.... Thinking about doing Alaska, but we love the sun.. I speak the native tongue, so I've been everywhere... Usually do our own tours/touring.... I do appreciate the feedback, so all suggestions are appreciated..

Oh for heaven's sake - you live in SoCal, Baby:p where it is sunny and warm darn near every day.:p See/experience something different! <neener neener> Take it from me - it was hard for me to go to Alaska last year, because I live with mountains/ocean/tall trees every day. But I had a great time, and will be going back again.

In Puerta Vallarta sign up on line for Las Caletas, John Houston's old estate. Nice boat ride, snorkel, Paella cooking lesson, good drinks near the lunch buffet, etc.

Did Las Caletas in 02 or 03.. we did love it though, cheap massages!

:)If youv'e been so many times could you please give some must do suggestions...For the first time I will be going to Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta in April with hubby and 17yr old daughter...have been to the Caribbean multiple times but never to this area...any thoughts would be sooooo appreciated! Thanks!!!!

Marie

K, I'll give you some suggestions in the morning, going to bed now.. let me know what you like, i.e., adventure, shopping, relaxing..

I'd be interested in suggestions too! We'll be taking our first cruise to the Mexican Riviera in July on the Mariner. We like to snorkel and sail, but aren't too into just hanging around on a beach all day. We also like to golf but I'm not sure how hot it would be trying to play down there in the summer.

I'll post some info. in the morning, while I'm at work! ;)

Kayaked out to Lover's Beach? I've done it twice - may do it again in April. But then, you're not on MY cruise.:p Mountain biking in PV? (I loved it - another woman started to sweat and gave up). I did the Cabo Canopy tour with RC last month. That was fun, and the guides were cute young guys. Not that that would entice YOU, I'm sure...

Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson...:D

I second that. And take one out of Vancouver, not Seattle, so I can bug you.:D

Oh for heaven's sake - you live in SoCal, Baby:p where it is sunny and warm darn near every day.:p See/experience something different! <neener neener> Take it from me - it was hard for me to go to Alaska last year, because I live with mountains/ocean/tall trees every day. But I had a great time, and will be going back again.

Dirtgirl, you convinced me, being that I now have a place to stay before my cruise to Alaska! I'll do it for my 50th... it's quite some time from now, but I should be ready by then... My skin should be like leather by then, so I won't be needing any more sun, lol/jk, I moisturize!! ;) Who knows, I might be joining you to Mex. in April, I can go for a good ride and sweat...!

Dirtgirl, you convinced me, being that I now have a place to stay before my cruise to Alaska! I'll do it for my 50th... it's quite some time from now, but I should be ready by then... My skin should be like leather by then, so I won't be needing any more sun, lol/jk, I moisturize!! ;) Who knows, I might be joining you to Mex. in April, I can go for a good ride and sweat...!

Yeah, we have a couch, only DS is sitting on it until 4:00 am.:p As for the last part...:eek:

Never been.... Where? I do love bars!

Nawwwwwwwwww not you!:eek:

I'll post some info. in the morning, while I'm at work! ;)

Oh, the shame of it all!:eek:

Yeah, we have a couch, only DS is sitting on it until 4:00 am.:p As for the last part...:eek:

Nawwwwwwwwww not you!:eek:

Oh, the shame of it all!:eek:

Lol!! Night night.... its cold and my bed is calling me, have to get up at 4:45, ugh!

As I promised, here are a few of MY suggestions for those that asked (and yes, we've done all of these things):

Cabo: Los Arcos snorkeling, party boat, ATV's on the beach, Cabo Wabo, Jet Skiing, fishing, shopping.

Maztalan: Personally, of all 3 ports, this beach to ME is the least desirable. Prefer to shop here, eat, Sr. Froggs, Victors at Stone Island, horse back riding, ATV's, jet skis, parasailing, lounging at El Cid's, and EATING SHRIMP!!

Puerto Vallarta: My favorite port of the 3... so much to do here... Zip Lines, parasailing, jet skis, Mismaloya, 4x4 in the jungle, El Edin, shopping, hang out at beach, swim with donkeys, I mean dolphins, many bars, eat, tour the entire area, mountain biking (thanks dirtgirl), and many, many more things to do!

Those are just a few of my favorite things, I've done them all with the exception of mountain biking in P/V.

Personally, I do not pay for ANY tours on the ship, I make my own arrangements when I get off of the ship. Given, I do speak the language, HOWEVER, most guides speak FLUENT English. We've saved hundreds of dollars at EACH port by making our own arrangements. If you know what you want to do BEFORE you get there, get off the ship, talk to a guide and tell him how many are in your party and what/where exactly you want to do/go then have them give you a TOTAL price for the entire group. You can then divide the price and see if it's a deal, if not, KEEP WALKING! I guarantee the more walking you do, the lower the price will be!! Again, research before you arrive, compare the prices on the ship then NEGOTIATE! They need our dollars more than we need their service, so don't stress!

Anyhow, hope this helps....

FYI: I think I know what I will be doing in April:

Cabo: Get off ship, have some beers/tequila, eat some seafood and get back on ship.

Mazatlan: Sr Froggs and get back on ship

P/V: Mountain bike, eat, drink and hang out at a hotel (perhaps some water sports).

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Archived