Coral Princess Review 10/31/04 Panama Canal Sailing (Part 1)

Miramar

Miramar and CMHF,

Thanks so much for your input on the full/partial cruises. I like to look out and watch the dock activity so knowing starboard helps. Unfortunately due to time constraints (work tends to get in the way of cruise time - but it pays for them) we can only be away for 2 weeks. 10 days it is :( The DH and I enjoy taking some time to enjoy the embarkation city and get into vacation mode but there is always the thought to just go on the cruise without the pre-cruise lazy days.

Miramar - Zydeco is accordion-based musical genre from south-central and southwest Louisiana. Sometimes the band members have wash boards placed over their bodies. My DH loves it or maybe it's the Hurricane drinks and he just thinks he does! :)

Suzanne: for the ocean to ocean, he took a bottle of water and 2 granola bars. They were served a lunch consisting of a turkey sandwich and something else during the trip.

I believe C405 is on the starboard side of the ship. We were on the starboard side and our room faced out at the pier in Ft. lauderdale and in Limon. For Cozumel, the port side faced the pier and I can't remember which side faced it when we docked in Cristobal panama. With the exception of Panama, we were the only ship in port for all of our port calls, so depending on where you dock if there are more ships in port, the side facing the pier could possibly change.

Gatour: here is the caribbean night menu-- (some of the menus we had delivered to our suite had items on them that ended up not being listed on the version of the menu that we got in the dining room. I belive the caribbean menu was the same in the dining room, but in any event this will give you an idea of what may be offered.)

appetizers: cocktail of bay scallops with lime and papya dressing,

chicken liver, eggplant empanaditas with fire sauce and cilantro cream,

island tropical fruit with banana chutney

soups: spinach, crabmeat and shrimp callaloo soup,

dhal split yellow peas cream soup flavored with smoked ham,

chilled cream of fresh oranges and mandarines with curacao

salad: field greens mesculun with cabbage slaw and cucumber

entrees: linguine and black mussels tossed with fried peppers,

caribbean marinated butterfly colombo,

breast of chicken ocho rios (with jerk spices)

braised lamb shank pirate style (flavored with fenugreek and cardamon),

roasted rack of pork with native sauce (brown sugar and rum)

desserts: tropical papaya and banana souffle,

golden pineapple stack cake,

brown sugar and yam pie,

tray of coconut macaroons

sugar free key lime pie

also daily assortment of ice creams

vegetarian: golden pineapple and coconut milk soup

linguine with vegatable and ricotta cheese,

lentil burger with fried egg and cheese

Yes, for me Caribbean night was not one of my favorite menus. What I had was pretty good (the fruit appetizer and the pork dish with the pineapple cake for dessert), but I think overall it might be a night I would do an alternative restaurant the next time. But my taste may be vastly different than many others, as Continental (French) night is one of my favorite menus.

The order of the dinner menus for this cruise were as follows: Day 1 Sailaway, Day 2 Captain’s Welcome, Day 3 Caribbean, Day 4 Continental/French, Day 5 Princess Dinner, Day 6 Italian, Day 7 Captain’s Gala, Day 8 International, Day 9 Chef’s dinner, Day 10 Landfall.
Sharon ;)

Archived