Sleep Inn & Suites, dania fl places to eat and get snacks or fotgot items

dis2cruise

is there any decent resturants in walking distance and what about a supermarket to get those last few "opps i forgot" items??

Cheryl

there is a mexican restaurant across the street that is very good. Also, in the same plazza i believe there is a chinese take out restaurant

I'm pretty sure that most of the Walgreen's in Fort Lauderdale sell hard liquor.

Of the 9 Walgreens in Ft. Lauderdale, 5 sell hard liquor. http://www.walgreens.com/storelocator/result.html

Publix has full liquor departments in the 601 S Andrews Ave and the 3400 N Federal Hwy locations in Ft Lauderdale. ;)

//////

For those that have stayed at the sleep inn was it a pretty nice place???

We stayed there the night of Dec. 18. It was o.k. for a pre-cruise one night stay. I wouldn't choose it if we needed to stay there longer than that.

The free shuttle to Sleep Inn from FLL only runs until 11 pm. Our flight was late getting in so our group of 6 had to take a couple of taxis. It was awful trying to get a cab at FLL. The drivers did not want to take us to the Sleep Inn as they prefer longer fares. Several of them turned and walked away from us when we told them where we needed to go. Finally, we just had to start putting our luggage into the trunks of the taxis in line before we told them where we wanted to go. It was crazy. We received zero help with our luggage putting it in the taxi and also taking it out when we arrived at the hotel. I've never encountered such rude taxi drivers.

We are booked there for 3 nights pre-cruise...

Hi Dan,

What are you looking for in a hotel? Are you planning to rent a car?

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn twice but we arrived late afternoon or early evening, had dinner at one of the places across the street and took the shuttle to the pier the next morning.

I agree with the previous poster that the Sleep Inn is fine for one night, but I wouldn't want to stay longer unless I had a rental car. Other than a couple of stores and restaurants, there is not much to do within walking distance.

Beth (from the Hawaii cruise)

For those that have stayed at the sleep inn was it a pretty nice place???

Thanks

Dan

Have stayed here 3 or 4 times and were pleased each time. Do agree that if you were staying more then one nightthen a rental car would be important

was it at least a clean place?

From what little I remember, yes it was clean. My overal impression was that it was a bit run down. We got there late at night and went straight to bed, then got up the next morning, took showers and left for Miami.

Archived