would like a recent noordam review

carol allen

Hi Carol, If you will look in the member review section I posted a review from our 12/7 cruise. We really enjoyed everything about the ship. It was a wonderful cruise. If you any specific questions just post them and I'll try to answer and if I can't I'm sure that someone else can.

Betty

I agree-- we were on her B2B Nov 17 to Dec 7th and the service was wonderful. Check the Roll Call threads as well for comments and specifics if you want more info!

If you get to go, have fun, (wish I could fit is someone's luggage..... :D)

Hi Carol, If you will look in the member review section I posted a review from our 12/7 cruise. We really enjoyed everything about the ship. It was a wonderful cruise. If you any specific questions just post them and I'll try to answer and if I can't I'm sure that someone else can.

Betty

Did you see any kids on that cruise? We have been on 2 7 day cruises with HAL with our kids and our Feb 22nd cruise will be our first 10 day sojourn and I wonder if it will attract an older crowd. We are 49 and had our kids late.

our Feb 22nd cruise will be our first 10 day sojourn and I wonder if it will attract an older crowd. We are 49 and had our kids late.

February 22 is after New England/northeast winter vacation, and before spring vacation for the rest of the country. There should be few kids on that cruise.

Hi Betteboop66

So glad you enjoyed your cruise

Can you tell me if there were people dancing in the lounges at night and what kind of bands were playing?

Did they have bands playing at the pool during the day

Was the lido pool covered or uncovered most of the time

how are the shows at night

And, the food - how was the food and the food in the speciality restaurant?

thanks so much

carol

We only went to the Crows Nest once at night, the pool band was playing there and several couples were dancing. I would say they were playing jazz that night, very nice. They played during the day at one of the 2 pools, they were pretty good. The pool was open if the weather permitted. It was closed a few times because of rain. I could not sit there if it wasn't opne way too hot. We never ate at the specialty restaurant so I can't help you with that question. But I will say that the rest of the food, in my opinion, was GREAT. The shows at night were O.K. I enjoyed the singers and dancers. The only other oneI saw was the magician/pianist he was O.K but not really my style.

My wife and I returned today from 7 days on the Noordam. This was our first cruise with Holland America. The ship itself as well as the staff were fine. The only faults I could mention were service levels and crowding. Neither of these are enough to keep me from booking with HAL in the future.

The service levels were in line with the price paid for the cruise, but definitely a step below the luxury lines. I believe it is a case of you get what you pay for.

The activities on sea days were lacking. For example, the shopping consultants held activities that consisted merely of telling you what shops to frequent. More useful would have been a lecture on how to buy, rather than just where to buy. There were also no destination lectures concerning the stops. This would have been especially useful for the San Juan stop.

The crowding problem has nothing to do with the ship or the staff, Something over 2000 passengers is just too many people for me. This problem was seen mostly in the various restaurants and around the pools. I do not know what could be gone to alleviate this unless more restaurants were added in place of the numerous bars.

Archived