Update #2 from the Eurodam!

bigwuhead

Hey Everyone,

Internet was slow the last few days, so i couldn't get on here! Now i've got a ton of minutes to burn through so I thought I would indulge a little.

First off, NYE on the Eurodam this year was out of the 3 NYE cruises i've been on...hands down THE WORST. It seemed very toned down and for the amount of people on this ship, and the ages of the people, very tame. There was no champagne ANYWHERE to be found and in years past it was EVERYWHERE. Although last year on the Zuiderdam we had problems with underagers drinking and breaking glasses, so perhaps that is the reason. But I was a little dissappointed.

I can't say a bad thing about the boat in terms of look and feel. It's a change to get used to the new layout for the crowsnest/explorer's lounge, but change can be good. Our room is great, we are in a VB on the 6th deck.

I fell in love with Curacao, as did many of our family. We went to Mambo beach by way of taxi and just had a super relaxing day under the palm trees. And what a treat it was to see the boat back out of it's spot. OH and there were amazing Fireworks for us in Aruba. AMAZING. I love fireworks and this was a a great display.

Yesterday was the On Deck for a Cure, and there was a great turnout. Food has been good, no complaints! There were other things I wanted to comment on, but they are slipping my mind at the moment. I'll still try to do a full review when I get back, but just wanted to comment while things were still fresh.

OH and there are trays a plenty in the lido :).

Signing off from somewhere in the middle of the ocean!

Cristina

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your trip. Thanks for checking in with us. Sorry that NYE was a bummer. My husband and I are just about to book that same cruise on Eurodam for next New Years. It will give me something to look forward to.

I'm working on my review and will post in a few days once I'm home and unpacked.

As for the fireworks, it was incredible and what a site. Someone had said they thought it was because it was the Eurodam's inagural visit to the port. But it was a treat!

As for NYE, it wasn't a total let down, but it was nothing compared to years past. Although that might have been a good thing. I will say, there were still baloons and decorations ALL over the boat!

Okay, off to catch up on some sleep!

Just back from this cruise. sorry we didn't manage to meet up Cristina, when we got to the bar for sail away it was crowded and had no idea who was "cruisecritic". I did manage to meet up with Avril as she goes to school in Toronto and I work there so we had met for a coffee ahead of the cruise so I knew what she looked like.

As for New year's eve, this is my first holiday sailing so nothing to compare it with but I was down in the atrium and they were handing out champagne there just before midnight.

I thought the service throughout was excellent and it was a beautiful ship. First time on HAL and was with friends who had never cruised before and they were really impressed.

Loved Tamarind although I barely got to eat as I felt seasick just as I sat down to dinner. Managed to get there for dim sum though later in the week.

Well it's been a long day so will sign off. Will post a link to my pixs when I get them online.

Frances

Hey Everyone,

Internet was slow the last few days, so i couldn't get on here! Now i've got a ton of minutes to burn through so I thought I would indulge a little.

First off, NYE on the Eurodam this year was out of the 3 NYE cruises i've been on...hands down THE WORST. It seemed very toned down and for the amount of people on this ship, and the ages of the people, very tame. There was no champagne ANYWHERE to be found and in years past it was EVERYWHERE. Although last year on the Zuiderdam we had problems with underagers drinking and breaking glasses, so perhaps that is the reason. But I was a little dissappointed.

I can't say a bad thing about the boat in terms of look and feel. It's a change to get used to the new layout for the crowsnest/explorer's lounge, but change can be good. Our room is great, we are in a VB on the 6th deck.

I fell in love with Curacao, as did many of our family. We went to Mambo beach by way of taxi and just had a super relaxing day under the palm trees. And what a treat it was to see the boat back out of it's spot. OH and there were amazing Fireworks for us in Aruba. AMAZING. I love fireworks and this was a a great display.

Yesterday was the On Deck for a Cure, and there was a great turnout. Food has been good, no complaints! There were other things I wanted to comment on, but they are slipping my mind at the moment. I'll still try to do a full review when I get back, but just wanted to comment while things were still fresh.

OH and there are trays a plenty in the lido :).

Signing off from somewhere in the middle of the ocean!

Cristina

Glad you loved my island! I was going to take some pics of her departure, but since it was NY guess I had too much alcohol in my blood:D so couldn't get up before 7 pm to go to another party

I'm working on my review and will post in a few days once I'm home and unpacked.

As for the fireworks, it was incredible and what a site. Someone had said they thought it was because it was the Eurodam's inagural visit to the port. But it was a treat!

As for NYE, it wasn't a total let down, but it was nothing compared to years past. Although that might have been a good thing. I will say, there were still baloons and decorations ALL over the boat!

Okay, off to catch up on some sleep!

Just back from this cruise. sorry we didn't manage to meet up Cristina, when we got to the bar for sail away it was crowded and had no idea who was "cruisecritic". I did manage to meet up with Avril as she goes to school in Toronto and I work there so we had met for a coffee ahead of the cruise so I knew what she looked like.

As for New year's eve, this is my first holiday sailing so nothing to compare it with but I was down in the atrium and they were handing out champagne there just before midnight.

I thought the service throughout was excellent and it was a beautiful ship. First time on HAL and was with friends who had never cruised before and they were really impressed.

Loved Tamarind although I barely got to eat as I felt seasick just as I sat down to dinner. Managed to get there for dim sum though later in the week.

Well it's been a long day so will sign off. Will post a link to my pixs when I get them online.

Frances

Thanks to both of you for the updates on the Eurodam since we left her on the 27th. I so wish we could have been there a 3rd week. I could imagine the NYE in the atrium knowing how it was done for Christmas morning. Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing more. :)

Frances, so sorry we never got to meet up! It's tough for me traveling with 38 other people. And boy was this ship crowded, I had a hard time finding family members!

Anyhow, I'm working on pictures and on my review. I've been keeping notes of all the things I want to mention.

And I've already started looking into a vacation in Curacao. There is a new resort they are building right on the entrance/exit to the canal that looks AMAZING.

Keep your eye out, should have a review up tomorrow some time!

Archived