Traveling with a 7 month baby?

V, you may get more responses if you post here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

The only advice I can give is to bring an umbrella stroller instead of a big bulky one.

What else do you need to know?

No babies in the pool if not potty trained (no swim diapers) except for Freedom class which has a small baby pool in the H2O area.

On our first cruise, my son was 8 months old. We all had a blast! Everyone was so kind and helpful! It was really fun!

You can see pictures of that cruise here:

http://www.familymoses.net/cruisepictures.htm

We packed lots of extra diapers and comfy outfits. He was breastfed, so I didn't have to worry about bottles or formula. As far as food, we just mashed up fruits and such - they don't really eat that much at that age.

Have fun!

My niece had her 7 month old, as well as a 3 year old on Mariner the end of October. She met with the head waiter regarding the pureed foods the baby could/would eat. They provided a high chair for her at dinner, and treated the baby as though she were one of their own.

She had a high chair at breakfast too and my niece was able to get foods that she could eat. My niece took her to the baby program daily, but unfortunately, it was for a very short amount of time. The three year old enjoyed the children's program for his age.

I think my niece and her husband would not have had as good a time if the grandparents and other family members had not been there. She and her husband were able to go to Portofino, Chops and enjoy time in the evening to themselves because of the family babysitters.

The same for when they wanted to go scuba diving. Family members babysat while they did that. I think it can be fun, but unless you have someone to help with the baby, it's kind of limiting for the parents.

By no means am I trying to discourage you, but it's something to think about.

Just kidding. We're taking our 6 month old on one next month. We're gauging what to do by when we took our oldest when she was 10 months. Three things we learned: Think now of everything that you do with the baby (or when the baby gets that old) and plan for how it could be tougher to do any of it, and then plan around that. Figure out how to bathe the baby (she showered with mom). Plan on how to clean bottles and such (we are buying the kind with the throw away inserts and we only have to wash the nipples. Second, figure anytime you do anything, you're on "borrowed time" from the baby. Even though they may have the best schedule in the world now, the cruise can turn things upside down. Go with their flow and when they need to eat or sleep, even if it isn't their normal pattern, give in. Trust me. PS - room service will deliver drinks to your cabin....

Third - have fun. It may not be the type of fun everyone else raves about on here, but come on! Green water, white sand, memories you will never forget with your baby. If I think of anything else, I will post it....

You may want to check with the cruiseline policy about traveling with an infant that young. I know some lines have raised the age to 12 months, and RCCL might follow suit (if they haven't already). With all the changes since the 1st of the year, you may want to double check!

Previous poster is correct. It is definitely 12 months on some itineraries. Check with the cruiseline.

Its 12 months for transatlantic cruises and some other cruises.....but for the AOS cruise,it is 6 months.......

INFANT POLICY

Infants sailing on a cruise must be at least 6 months old as of the first day of the cruise/cruisetour. However, for Transatlantic, Transpacific, Hawaii, select South American cruises/cruisetours and other selected cruises/cruisetours, the infant (as of the first day of the cruise/cruisetour) must be at least 12 months old.

As of April 22, 2008, the list of cruises to which the 12 month minimum age requirement applies (in addition to all Transatlantic, Transpacific, and Hawaii cruises) is as follows:

• Mariner of the Seas - January 4, 19, February 3, 2009;
  • Splendour of the Seas - March 30, 2009;
  • Legend of the Seas - October 23, 2009.
  • Legend of the Seas - November 4, 2009.

Any cruisetours associated with these cruises are also subject to the 12 month minimum age requirement.

Somebody can tell me what about traveling with a 7 month baby?

Where have you been all this time? I have searched all over for you on here.

Is this your baby? Congratulations. :D

Please come back on and post more. We miss you. ;)

Alexis

There's also in-stateroom babysitting available which my friends swear by for formal nights or evenings they want to go out late :)

The age minimum for in-room sitting has been 1 year. Unless they've changed the age requirement, it's not an option with a 7 month old.

Edited: I think Oasis is going to have infant child care onboard in the form of a nursery, but I'm not positive.

beachchick

• 2 weeks later...

When I went with my first he was almost a year. I took my pack and play fold up crib, which was great. Our steward folded it up and out every morning and evening. The pool was fun and the kids place was great to get him out to play and run with crafts and toys, though you have to stay with them under 3 yrs old. I just saw they have paretne/baby play time scudeuled too, so look into that.

I we are going now with our second just turning a year and will do the same with him. This time our best friends and their teenage daushters are going with us,. They reguarly babysit our kids, so we get to have some adult evenings out!

Best thing I can say is do things that keep to their schedule as best possible. I noticed you have cruised before, dont be regretful that you might not get to do everything you are use to, unless you have family with you as we did. Our room steward brought warm milk every evening for bedime.

Bring lost of diapers, and clothes and the the drop-in bottles were best. Bring dish soap and brush to wash nipples, there is no way to heat up bottles in your room, other and tunning a bottle under the tap. YOu could bring a bottle warmer with you, they make travel ones or I would call room steward and he would bring hot tea water, and a big mug, I would submerge the bottle in that until it reached the temp I want. They were great!

Also talk to your waiter, he was wonderful and always orderd and rushed the kids food for us after the first day so they could eat and not wait for food! By the second day, the cruise staff had us figured out.

Have fun and congrats!

Archived