Private transport from Heathrow to Harwich

In June, my DH and I will be flying into LHR from Paris and meeting up with friends who will be flying from the U.S. We then plan to travel together to Harwich for our Constellation cruise. We would like to hire a private van to take the four of us and much luggage. Does anyone have any recent recommendations for a dependable van service? Do you experienced European cruisers have any other tips for accomplishing this travel arrangement successfully?

Thanks in advance.

Sheila

Hi lord,

We're flying from Paris to London because our Air France flight from Boston to London takes us through Paris. Soooo....we're spending three nights in Paris before the cruise without incurring any additional flight cost. Go figure:rolleyes:. We also get to fly home through Paris, but won't stop then.

Thanks for the chauffeur info. I'll check them out.

Sheila

• 3 weeks later...
If you have trouble w/ availability, you should get a quote from Darren at Adelphi. We used him in June after reading some good reviews on CC. We were very pleased w/ our transfer from LHR to Harwich.

http://www.adelphiexecutivehire.co.uk/p1.htm

Becky - I am curious if you had to give Darren a deposit upfront. When I contacted him he asked for a 50% deposit. I really don't have a problem with giving a deposit, I understand this is is how they make their living. What bothered me about Darren was he was very vague on his refund policy - he said he would only refund if he felt it was a "good enough reason"

I want something more concrete.

Dee

We have heard several positive comments about airportcruisetransfers.com We got a quote from them for several legs of our trip. They seem quite reasonable. If you want to read a comment about them, go to www.thepreismans.com They have an excellent review of their British Isles trip and had used this company. We plan on using them in June

We have heard several positive comments about airportcruisetransfers.com We got a quote from them for several legs of our trip. They seem quite reasonable. If you want to read a comment about them, go to www.thepreismans.com They have an excellent review of their British Isles trip and had used this company. We plan on using them in June

Hi Nancy !!!

See you in June

Dee

We used Woodford in 2007 to take us from our hotel in London to the ship in Southampton. They were quite reliable. I dealt directly with Cheryl Finch, who arranged it all.

cherylfinch4@aol.co.uk

We had a driver, John, who seemed to know every minute of British history and when he found we were a party of teachers, was happy to entertain us with snippets of information.

I highly recommend Woodford for transportation.

Beth

In June, my DH and I will be flying into LHR from Paris and meeting up with friends who will be flying from the U.S. We then plan to travel together to Harwich for our Constellation cruise. We would like to hire a private van to take the four of us and much luggage. Does anyone have any recent recommendations for a dependable van service? Do you experienced European cruisers have any other tips for accomplishing this travel arrangement successfully?

If you're coming from Paris, LCY/London City, STN/London Stansted and LUT/London Luton, and are all much closer to Harwich (and so is the Eurostar train station at St Pancreas).

Archived