Cruise Director List 2009

MrPete

What about the Dream's cruise director, Todd something? Is he new?

I do not know Todd. Since he is going to be the CD on Carnival's newest ship, he must be highly thought of. Cruiselines usually assign their best on the newest ship. John Heald is suppose to be their best and he has been the 1st CD on most of their new ships to date. I think the reason he is not the 1st on the Dream has something to do with the new addition in his personal life.

Does it really matter who the cruise director is on your trip? I couldnt tell who mine was ever, and whoever it is makes no difference in how much I enjoy the cruise.

Well I must tell you that Mark, who was the CD on the Pride as we sailed through the Panama Canal, was great. I have never had so much fun with one. He dressed up for old fashioned pictures with my freind and I, he came and took pictures with our group at a party we held, he stopped by at the beggining of our poker run and wore the t-shirt we gave him all day. He was always around the ship and a load of fun. Definatly my favourite CD.

I also had Darcy as cruise director on the Destiny Southern cruise last year and on the Inspration in 06 she was great She was very approachable whenever you saw her out and about on the ship you could always stop and say hello I also wonder where she is now. Wish she was on the Glory in Sept.

What can we expect from Malcom Burn on the Miracle in November?

You'll see mixed reviews of Malcolm on this board - some people think he's great, others don't care for him at all. I've sailed with him three times - once as ACD on Conquest under Todd Wittmer (more on Todd below) and twice as CD on Victory - and I like him. Last time we sailed with him, I went to the debarkation talk just to hear some of his jokes. You do have to get used to hearing "Woo Hoo" from him a lot - that's his "signature." Right now he's recovering from what I understand to be a serious illness, which is why he's not on the schedule until October.

We sailed with Todd twice - Conquest in 2005 and Liberty in 2007 - and he's one of my favorite CDs. The Conquest cruise was hurricane-impacted, so we ended up with a rearranged schedule (missed Grand Cayman, arrived in Cozumel earlier than scheduled, came back a day late) and Todd did a great job rearranging the ship's activities and coming up with new activities.

Anyone sailed with Jeremy Mayes?? It looks like he will be on the Valor...

Thanks!!

Jeremy Mayes aka "Big Tex" (though not so big now as he has lost around 100 lbs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OP-8-u7TiA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YydjLE-T84

interview in John Heald's blog from August 14, 2007, when Jeremy was cd on Fantasy:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2007/08/14/highlighting-the-carnival-fantasy-and-cruise-director-big-tex/

-scroll down past this picture on the blog -

08142007interview.jpg

Jeremy was the cd on our cruise on Fantasy in February of this year and on Celebration in April 2006. He is my favorite, after John Heald, of course. :)

Jeremy,aka "Big Tex" was our CD on the May24th sailing of the Valor. He was fantastic. He is extremely funny and has a pretty good singing voice as well. It was great to see a fellow Texan doing so well. I loved his "Tex Messages"

Talked to Todd W. directly on the 6/6 Freedom cruise. He has 3 weeks to go on the Freedom, then a bit of a vacation, then off the the Carnival Dream. In fact many of the staff members on the Freedom we spoke to (including James the asst. CD) indicated they were moving to the Dream as well.

No takers on who "Dan Ghilardcucci" is?

My theory is he's probably a social host or assistant CD somewhere in the fleet going by some dumb name like Bingo Dan or something... otherwise someone on this board would have heard of him!

I wonder why almost all of the cruise directors are male...what is up with that?

my last 2 were ladies.... they still are ladies for that matter.

Darcy on the Destiny 2008

Tory on the Holiday 2009 WOO HOO !

What can we expect from Malcom Burn on the Miracle in November?

As stated earlier, you'll see mixed reviews on Malcolm. Our family and friends found him outstanding. By far the best CD we've sailed with so far, and yes, you too will be walking around hollering "woohoo!!", it's somewhat infectious:). It's been three years since we sailed with him on Victory, and my adult son and I still "woohoo" quite often:D

Does anyone know who the cruise director will be on the Splendor 1-31-10

Goose Neumann is the regular CD for the Splendor. Usually when the regular goes on vacation, someone will replace them until their return. Don't know if he is on vacation then or not. I understand he is just returning to the Splendor now.

• 2 weeks later...
we will be on miracle oct 19th, what does it mean when is says in october

'Chris Jefferson Naked Cr' underneath of Malcolm name.

will malcolm be our CD? or will it be chris?

Bare Necessities has chartered the ship for 10/27 - 11/4. I guess Malcolm is getting off, and Chris is getting on for that one. :eek::eek:

Someone has to do it.

Archived