new to jetblue I have a few questions

dis2cruise

we are flying on feb 13 (a day before our schools winter break)

what time should we arrive at JFK airport we are flying into fort lauderdale for our flight.

does jetblue serve complimentary snacks/drinks (s0da)??

earplugs for tv's can I bring my own??

do you pre-board like southwest? we do have our seat assignment already but not sure about pre=boarding.

thanks,

cheryl

we are flying on feb 13 (a day before our schools winter break)

what time should we arrive at JFK airport we are flying into fort lauderdale for our flight.

does jetblue serve complimentary snacks/drinks (s0da)??

earplugs for tv's can I bring my own??

do you pre-board like southwest? we do have our seat assignment already but not sure about pre=boarding.

thanks,

cheryl

I always find going to the airline's webpage is a great start for getting answers to my questions.

JetBlue recommends arriving at least 60 minutes prior to a domestic flight.

Yes, they serve soft drinks and snacks.

Preboarding for what? Families? Southwest does not offer preboarding for families anymore. JetBlue apparently does for families with small children. If your children are teens, you will not be offered preboarding.

I don't know about using your own headphones. Usually it's possible if they work in the airlines plugs.

I don't know about using your own headphones. Usually it's possible if they work in the airlines plugs.

Yes, it's possible and it's even encouraged. Up until recently, they did give away free (but cheap) headsets to use on their in-flight system. Under the guise of operating "green" (i.e., since they are reusable) they now charge $1 for "upgraded" headsets. But, as they say on their website, one can bring their own.

Cheryl,

I don't know where you are driving from, but definitely leave plenty of time to get to JFK for that flight. Could be bad weather, it's the last day before a holiday week (weekend), and you have to deal with the NYC parkways (there is rarely rhyme or reason to when there is traffic).

We leave really early (I make my DH crazy about this) because you just never know. Sometimes we are at the airport too early. But I am more relaxed sitting there, then hanging out at home and then getting crazy in traffic.

* definitely bring your own headphone for the tv

Cheryl,

I don't know where you are driving from, but definitely leave plenty of time to get to JFK for that flight. Could be bad weather, it's the last day before a holiday week (weekend), and you have to deal with the NYC parkways (there is rarely rhyme or reason to when there is traffic).

We leave really early (I make my DH crazy about this) because you just never know. Sometimes we are at the airport too early. But I am more relaxed sitting there, then hanging out at home and then getting crazy in traffic.

* definitely bring your own headphone for the tv

thanks for the info on this, we live in the Islip area I would like to get to the airport about 2 hrs from take-off anyway so yes we will leave about 1 1/2 hrs before that just to make sure.

thanks

cheryl

thanks for the info on this, we live in the Islip area I would like to get to the airport about 2 hrs from take-off anyway so yes we will leave about 1 1/2 hrs before that just to make sure.

thanks

cheryl

Good plan. :)

BTW, the JetBlue terminal is probably the sanest place at JFK. Granted, that is setting a low bar, but it really is rather pleasant (for an U.S. terminal)

Planning to arrive at the airport 2 hous ahead is always a good idea just in case checking in your baggage and getting through security is running slow that day.

Yes, Jetblue serves snacks and drinks. You can even ask for more and they will give them to you happily.

We bring our own earplugs now that they are charging.

Enjoy your flight!

We are also looking at Jet Blue for the first time. I notice that for $20 you can upgrade to seats that offer an extra 4 inches of leg room. That seems like a great option. Are these the most popular seats to book? Are there any other "perks"?

Jetblue moved into their new terminal #5 at JFK and it's really nice. Lots of room to roam around, lots of food choices and big washrooms. I think they only allow pre-boarding of families with small children under two years. They also board from the rear forward so they call for rows above 20, then 15-20, etc.

Regarding food, you can purchase food in the terminal to take aboard. They are usually generous with the bottled water and soft drinks and it varies by flight whether they will have ainimal crackers, cookies, chips. etc.

We are also looking at Jet Blue for the first time. I notice that for $20 you can upgrade to seats that offer an extra 4 inches of leg room. That seems like a great option. Are these the most popular seats to book? Are there any other "perks"?

I did this to check it out and I thought it was worth it and I am only 5'5". However, I would be ok if I did not have more leg room but I really liked it.

The only other perk is that it is near the front of the plane, so you get off early.

I see most of your questions have been answered, but I'll add that Jet Blue is great airline--our favorite! Drinks and snacks are good, flight crew is good, the personal TVs are good and the fact they don't rn a drink cart up and down the aisle helps move around the cabin.

Archived