Mexican cuisine workshop

kidless

We are leaving on a cruise Monday that stops in Cozumel. We have been there several times and looking for something new to try. We saw a tour we had never seen offered before called Mexican Cuisine Workshop & Tasting. As anyone tried this one? If so did you like it? Was it worth the money?

DO IT!! One of the absolute best excursions out there - in any port!! Worth every penny!!! I know people that have done it multiple times, like Merion Mom who just did it again this week.

We left the ship in time to meet in the little market area at the end of the pier and find our Mexican Cuisine Workshop ;) group.

Off we went, traveling on the same bus as the people who had booked the Playa Mia Beach Break, since that's where the cooking class is held.

We were about half of the group - we were joined by a bunch from Carnival ships. (there were three in port with us today)

Luis, Moises and Javier were all there, so we had a big reunion. The appetizer and dessert were the same as before, but the main dish was different.

It was a blast, of course. Both my daughter and I decided NOT to get as far gone as last time, so we were only mildly dizzy and disoriented at the end.

We relaxed on the beach for about half an hour, then visited the parrots (GORGEOUS) near the entrance, and got back on the bus.

We are leaving on a cruise Monday that stops in Cozumel. We have been there several times and looking for something new to try. We saw a tour we had never seen offered before called Mexican Cuisine Workshop & Tasting. As anyone tried this one? If so did you like it? Was it worth the money?

We had a great time doing this and the chef, Louis, is so personable and fun. Also, the drinks were flowing (the margaritas were divine). I think you'll love this tour.

It's the best excursion I've done. It was just as much fun the second time. I'd do it again. Yes, it's worth it and Luis is so much fun.

OMG! This excursion is the BEST TIME EVER!!! DO IT!!!

My DH was so leary of this one. He was nervous because he doesn't cook. LOL! He had such a great time (Chef Luis told him he drank like a Mexican :D) and was very happy I talked him into doing it. :cool:

DH, Chef Luis & me:

0001-ChefLuisandus.jpg

DH, the cook (NOT!):

0004-dhthecook.jpg

DH drinking like a Mexican (more his speed):

0003-drinklikeaMexican.jpg

Chef Luis and his very talented, personable, FUN team:

0005-Luisandteam.jpg

I forgot, a tiny part of what made this workshop great was it was all held indoors in air conditioning! :)

No kidding! :cool: It didn't use to be and I wasn't expecting it to be from what I had read about it before we booked it. I think the building was fairly new when we did it last February. It use to be under tents on the beach (I believe).

Yes, it is in a new air conditioned building and it is a lot of fun. It is something different than the regular beach day. After you cook your food, you go upstairs and eat what you cook. I don't know that I would do it again though. Maybe in a couple of years. ;)

Oh Thank you everyone, and thank you sooooo much for the pictures. We really wanted to do something different, we have been there so many times and done all the regular tours and beach things.

We both love to cook and often spend Saturdays in our kitchen cooking new recipes, trying out different cuisines and drinks of course!! So it sounded right up our alley!! Now watch it will be sold out when we get on ship!!!!!

Thanks again guys I'll tell you all about it when we get back!!!! :D

OMG! This excursion is the BEST TIME EVER!!! DO IT!!!

My DH was so leary of this one. He was nervous because he doesn't cook. LOL! He had such a great time (Chef Luis told him he drank like a Mexican :D) and was very happy I talked him into doing it. :cool:

DH, Chef Luis & me:

0001-ChefLuisandus.jpg

DH, the cook (NOT!):

0004-dhthecook.jpg

DH drinking like a Mexican (more his speed):

0003-drinklikeaMexican.jpg

Chef Luis and his very talented, personable, FUN team:

0005-Luisandteam.jpg

Oh thanks for the memories!! This was the best money ever spent on an excursion. Luis (head chef) was the best. We did it when it was outside but my sister did it a second time once they built the new kitchen indoors with air. Don't miss this one!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Oh Thank you everyone, and thank you sooooo much for the pictures. We really wanted to do something different, we have been there so many times and done all the regular tours and beach things.

We both love to cook and often spend Saturdays in our kitchen cooking new recipes, trying out different cuisines and drinks of course!! So it sounded right up our alley!! Now watch it will be sold out when we get on ship!!!!!

Thanks again guys I'll tell you all about it when we get back!!!! :D

Not sure how many your traveling with but if your traveling with others they can do any of the Playa Mia Beach Breaks excursions putting you all at the same place. Great place to hang as well.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived