Best entertainment you've seen on Princess

IUFAN

• 2 weeks later...

I liked Phoenix Rising very much -- great band with a very wide repertoire, so you weren't hearing the same set from them every night.

Didn't feel the love for Sarge. He was hysterically funny in his segment during the Welcome Aboard show, so it was with great anticipation that I attended his main show a few nights later. What a letdown. The first part was amusing but then it got all icky: like a mix of a Barbara Walters interview and a therapy session. I realize that the reason most comedians are so funny is that they have some deep-seated neuroses or endured tough childhoods, but I didn't feel that having to listen to Sarge discuss his traumas and tribulations (and NOT in a funny way) was exactly what I was looking for in an after-dinner comedy show. Of course, maybe that was a one-off performance and the rest of the time, he's back on his meds and funny, like he was on that first night.

We've seen so many good comedians, comedy jugglers and so on that we've lost count. Certainly Billy Vader was good, and he took part in a couple of panel games too..... even funnier than his act.

Bucks Fizz (Eurovision winners) were great a few years ago on Ocean Village.... as the ship was originally called Star Princess when Princess bought out Sitmar, do they count?

A couple of years ago Tony Christie (Is this the way to Amarillo) was on Sea Princess.... fabulous.

Best ever "cruise ship" show was Tina Turner in Orlando, last November. We boarded Crown Princess 4 days later, still buzzing, and if anyone says that the Queen of Rock doesn't count... we'll set her on you !!!!!

It was Nov 5th... the day of the presidential elections.... she was walking on air that Obama got in.... what an atmosphere.

"It's gonna be a good show tonight. You're in a great mood, you got a new President, and you got me!!!"

• 1 year later...

We were just on the Emerald (Oct 19-29) and James Michael was performing his magic! He was brilliant! We enjoyed the comedians and magicians in the Explorers' Lounge more than main shows. We found the Princess Theatre shows pretty lame! :( We heard the same comments from sooooooo many other cruisers! Pretty disappointing after the spectacular RCI shows we witnessed last year!

It was the couple on the Balcony of their Dolphin Deck mini-suite, Caribbean Princess January 2005...! They were right below our balcony on Caribe - they probably should have waited until it got darker.... Was both entertaining and educational....

BK

It was the couple on the Balcony of their Dolphin Deck mini-suite, Caribbean Princess January 2005...! They were right below our balcony on Caribe - they probably should have waited until it got darker.... Was both entertaining and educational....

BK

Was there an pre-show announcement like in the Princess Theatre, please no video lighting or flash photography? Too many people either think the balconies are more private than they are or just don't care. When we were docked at a port in Alaska a woman on a different ship decided to come out in her birthday suit to enjoy her "private" balcony, except she quickly realized that the RCCL ship she was on was right next to the Diamond Princess.

We just got off the Golden and they debuted the "British Invasion" production and it was awsome. Some great pyro stuff and light stuff also along with the music. A really good production, very enjoyable!!! They did music from all the great British singers and groups from way back to current. A great show worth seeing.

This is awful.... I can't remember the man's name, but he was SO GOOD!!! He was just on Emerald Princess about 1 month ago (Sept 2010) and he was a Hypnotist. He had about 15 passengers in a row all at one time!!! The show lasted about an hour. It was so funny. The best entertainment I have ever seen on any ship.

My vote would go to the NASCAR type event with all the Seniors with their walkers and power carts heading to the Horizon Court Buffet.

. . .

. ..

. . .... .. .

. . . . . . .. ..

... ... ......

. . . . . . . .

LOL :D:D:D....funnnny.

but, dam...that's twice tonight I've had to clean off my monitor!

All seriousness aside, wifey says Bert Stratton also.

I like to visit the Buffet during the shows (their pit stops), :-}.

Oh, hey, no joke, when we moved to Florida I saw (bless her heart)

...[careful now]...ummm a little mature lady with Blue hair, looking up

through the steering wheel of an old Red Caddy, while stopped in an

intersection on Alton Road...staring at a Green light!

Picture, in your mind, that.

:cool::cool:

I really enjoyed Barrington "Barty" Brown on the Sun Princess in 1998. I bought his cassette and a children's book he'd written.

Fast forward to the Oct. 19,2010 Emerald Princess sailing, and there he was! "Barty" Brown. I had finally caught up with him. He played show tunes and did trivia and had quite a repertoire of background stories about the great Broadway composers, in Crooners each evening. His wit and voice have been maintained, as well.

This time, I have a picture of us together and have updated to a newer CD. While he may not be everyone's cup of tea, this British showman kept several of us as loyal followers during our 10 day cruise.

Lynne

Archived