Hotels in San Diego

HVLcruiser2

Thank you for providing the cost for self serve laundry. Now I need to know if there is an iron and ironing board we can use in the laundry area?

Every ship with self-service laundries has an iron/ironing board in the laundry.

The Hampton Inn will pick you up at the airport and take you to the cruise port--although you could walk there it is so close. It is about 2 blocks from a Rite-Aid that sells everything you can think of. The Holiday Inn Express on 7th Avenue is also great about airport and cruise ship pickup, as is the Comfort Inn Old Town, but I don't know how close either is to shopping.

I'm so bummed.. Hampton Inn is SOLD OUT !!!:eek:

I would humbly submit La Pensione in Little Italy for your consideration.

It's cheap, clean, across the road from some great restaurants and a 10 min. (downhill) walk to the ship.

No shuttles though.

Cheers!

Will be staying at the Holiday Inn on the Bay Feb. 5 & 6 prior to embarking on the Oosterdam on the 7th. I know that Rite Air and Ralph's were mentioned to purchase wine. Are these the nearest/best locations or is there a great wine store we should be aware of. Thanks for your input.

Just curious (nosy!?), but since HAL doesn't allow you to bring any spirits aboard, why the concern with where to buy wine? Or is that just for a little pre-cruise celebration??:)

Pretty far off topic but since you asked HAL does allow Wine/Champagne to be brought aboard. We stayed at the Hampton Inn as well and second the try to get in the front idea. Pretty good walk, 9-10 blocks I would guess, to get to Ralphs for a decent wine selection.

Going down we stayed at the Holiday Inn across from the ship -- imo - just ok for high price and room not really w/c accessible (bath tub). On return we booked Hyatt Manchster which was only $20 more -- like night and day. A beautiful room, available at 10 a.m. in the morning after debarcation and right in front of the Seaport (shopping) which kept us occupied all day --- also took SEAL tour - right there. The Concierge was very helpful with suggestions of things to do and places to eat --- a world of difference!!! About 8 blocks from ship. Worth every penny. Vicki :)

Archived